Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 22nd November 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1605479175039.png v. 1605479179942.png
EPL Week 9 - Sunday 22nd November 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.517/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Robert Jones
Video Assistant Referee: Jonathan Moss
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 19.54.10.png

It’s such a shame. Winless in 12. What’s gone wrong?
We haven’t been found out. All top clubs have people who analyse matches well in advance so they knew what to expect last season.
So what is it??

1. Wilder’s always said that we have to be 100% to have a chance, and we’re 95%, which makes all the difference.

2. Some teams can play badly but have a flash of brilliance from a star player. We don’t have that.

3. Much as we’ve mocked the ‘momentum’ lines in the past, self-belief is so important in sport, and our belief has been eroded badly. Having 30,000 fans behind them might help, but empty stadiums must feel very lonely when you’re struggling.

USUAL PROBLEM OUR STRIKERS ARE SHIT.How many games has McBurnie gone without scoring 16 or is it 17 .20 mill for a dud .Because we can not score we are odds on for the drop ,as soon as the opposition scores it is game over because we know we will never score no matter how long the game has to go.Something has to change.
28 games 2 games inc internationals! According to Alan Smith

Exactly, we needed 2 proven strikers and got none! Typical CW, bring kids in, that’s his style but it don’t work in the Prem☹️
Have you got over 100 million to buy them ?

Poor game, team low on confidence- really missing High tempo game that we usually play and get most success from that comes with confidence too...players looking like plodded through game and we look so one sided - no quality down left. Lowe is not the answer

Their goal just sums up our negative and crappy play. I think it was Berge who was near the half way line and had a chance to drive. He decided to pass it back.....it goes all the way back to Rammers and from his kick up field they score.

It's not good enough.

100% right. I was screaming at the TV when he stopped - their move had broken down and we had a chance to break. But he has no pace whatsoever, and no drive either.

i think we need to rethink tactics and priorities in our play. Wilder is angreat manager but a lot of the blame lies with him. Whatever this is isn't working. Focus needs to be on keeping composure in possession and attacking intent and creating opportunities. We werent as bad today but we hoof so much and spend most the game trying to win the ball back like a pack of rabid dogs, its exhausting ans means the players are fucked by the time we get it back. We cant rely on defending really well and then stealing a goal for a 1-0 we dont have the quality.

Our recruitment of just acquiring loads of ‘decent’ players isnt good enough for this level. We needed to invest to the first 11 and players with flair who can unlock defences. Weve spent shit loads and the results are we have 1 prem league player in berge and 10 champ players who can run around but unable to compete.

if we are going down, which looks likely, i would rather we did it by trying to outscore the opposition and losing 6-3 instead of 1-0 every week. Lets hope we can learn from this and hopefully survive the drop and build some quality going forward!

HOW can we be 1-0 down, 30 minutes left and we take off the injured Ampadu for Jack Robinson to stay at 3 at the back, to then take off basham 10 mins later!? Its the definition of madness and I actually think the most baffling decision our manager has made this season. Take off ampadu for a mid or attacker and change shape!

And why can we not give Oli Burke a chance even for the last 15 minutes to keep the centre backs on their toes?

USUAL PROBLEM OUR STRIKERS ARE SHIT.How many games has McBurnie gone without scoring 16 or is it 17 .20 mill for a dud .Because we can not score we are odds on for the drop ,as soon as the opposition scores it is game over because we know we will never score no matter how long the game has to go.Something has to change.
Appearances 61
Goals 6
Wins 17
Losses 31

I'm not one for slagging players ,but I'm sure I've seen better touches on the ball in concord park .our number nine needs to practice with a bag of cement .as for contract rebel coming on he will get wilder the sack .

i think we need to rethink tactics and priorities in our play. Wilder is angreat manager but a lot of the blame lies with him. Whatever this is isn't working. Focus needs to be on keeping composure in possession and attacking intent and creating opportunities. We werent as bad today but we hoof so much and spend most the game trying to win the ball back like a pack of rabid dogs, its exhausting ans means the players are fucked by the time we get it back. We cant rely on defending really well and then stealing a goal for a 1-0 we dont have the quality.

Our recruitment of just acquiring loads of ‘decent’ players isnt good enough for this level. We needed to invest to the first 11 and players with flair who can unlock defences. Weve spent shit loads and the results are we have 1 prem league player in berge and 10 champ players who can run around but unable to compete.

if we are going down, which looks likely, i would rather we did it by trying to outscore the opposition and losing 6-3 instead of 1-0 every week. Lets hope we can learn from this and hopefully survive the drop and build some quality going forward!
You say Wilder is a great manager but a lot of your post would suggest he isnt

That performance was horrific once again. Down with a whimper im afraid. The team is devoid of confidence, ability and effort and I can't see that changing anytime soon. Berge and Brewster the only slight positives. They'll both be off in the summer

Most of it boils down to not keeping the ball.. they press us, force us to go long and we lose possession, and their goal came from that, a bit fortunate in the way the ball broke for them...We could have played through the press, but we just take the easy option.
Got to be braver, and take our chances more regularly.
Need to keep behind them, and keep plugging away.

No other way to summit it up, poor recruitment! poor team selection! and any other manager would be on his way at 6pm tonight! but to be honest I don’t think any other manager could do any better with the players Wilder has brought in? Good sold performances and togetherness last season has all disappeared and its hard to get it back! you can go through the team and see the same players of last season playing with no confidence. Like a few have said the lack of our supporters is a big factor with players like ours!?

You say Wilder is a great manager but a lot of your post would suggest he isnt
He overachieved massively with this group of league 1/champ misfits. That is a huge accomplishment!

I think now he is realising he has assembled a group of league1/champ misfits in the worlds best league.

Back
Top Bottom