Match Thread Sheffield United v. West Ham United - 10th Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WHU
WHU
WHU
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1578568510359.png v. 1578568517069.png
EPL Week 22 - Friday 10th January 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-west-ham-united.486/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Assistant Referee: Daniel Cook
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-09 at 11.17.10.png

Would love a win but I'd be happy with a draw. Our primary aim is still to avoid relegation and we haven't achieved that yet. A draw is likely to maintain the gap to the bottom three, and we'll be preventing West Ham from gaining maximum points.

Well , you're top billing Friday night , we'll all be watching live on TV from around the Globe ..a new modern day rivalry if you like , thanks to the Carlos Tevez affair .. so for those of you actually going , can we expect a nasty , hostile reception for the horrible hammers ?

I do hope so ..it's what the punters want , its why its got a prime viewing slot , no accident ..bit of decent old agg to get things lively from the off sounds good to me
Come on United !!!

Tough one this and a bit of a pressure game as it the only game in the Month were we have a decent chance of picking up points.

Winnable but also loseable.

You just know Antonio is going have a stormer.

Video Assistant Referee: Chris Kavanagh

I can see where this is going. Mousset is sliced down in the box with the scores level late on, not given, but VAR is poised to intervene.

Kavanagh moves towards the control deck to activate the replay, but in Inspector Clouseau fashion stumbles and presses the delete button instead. In scrabbling to remedy his mistake and press the undo button, he tangles himself in his headset, collides with a technician, and in trying to pull the cord of his headset out accidentally knocks a glass of water over the electrics. Stockley Park is plunged into darkness.

With no VAR intervention, the decision stands.

Yarmolenko being out is a plus. Caused us a lot of problems at the athletics stadium.

When Pelboy was still here, I thought we'd be lucky to get a point, up at yours.
I still think that.....

Cockney Walk from Henderson or McBurnie, one of the two!

Doyle became an instant legend, so just tap in to it Ollie, it's that easy!! 😍 😍

Seriously though, what a f*cking waste of talent but, if you're not right in the head..don't matter how good you are.
Feel sorry for him really.

It wasn’t really a comment on him or his attitude per se, the simple reality is that we’ve only got so many spaces on the bench and we’ve other players ahead of him for those while everyone is fit. The other midfielders in the squad are also currently clearer direct fits for the 3 in our system. By all accounts Wilder has noticeably praised his attitude publicly when asked about him.

A great pre match presser from Wilder today.

Loads of praise for Rodwell, but particualry Basham. You can tell how much he admires the lad.

It wasn’t really a comment on him or his attitude per se, the simple reality is that we’ve only got so many spaces on the bench and we’ve other players ahead of him for those while everyone is fit. The other midfielders in the squad are also currently clearer direct fits for the 3 in our system. By all accounts Wilder has noticeably praised his attitude publicly when asked about him.
No, I know, mate. 👍 I meant his career overall.
Fergie wouldn't have let him leave ManU if nothing was wrong..

It should be a good match, we usually bounce back strong after a poor performance.Played them at their place in the Cup and league. Finally we get them at home.. While we have finished with Liverpool they still have to play Liverpool twice,once in January and again in February.They are also away at Leicester and Man C points will be hard to find out of that group of fixtures.

Last edited:

Ok, so after the 2 away league defeats, we have a chance to get right back on track on Friday night football, with the visit of a somewhat resurgent West Ham. Hard to say just yet though, that they've turned a corner. We also won in the FA Cup, but with 11 changes it's really hard to suggest any relevance to tonight's game. However, as an established PL club, they are no mugs, and have some real quality in their side....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Presumably we revert to the side which started v Liverpool?

I'm forgetful as to whether there was a change in that lineup compared to usual.... :) :D

Presumably everyone is suitably rested?

Not taking anything for granted in this game. Difficult opponents with a quality (if IMO dull) manager. First goal very important tonight. They'll be a more difficult prospect than perhaps 2 weeks ago, but I'm hopeful of 3 points in a pretty hard fought game. 2-1 Blades with Egan scoring one of ours....

UTB

Back
Top Bottom