Match Thread Sheffield United v. Watford - 26th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WATF
WATF
WATF
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1577269928409.png v. 1577269941793.png
EPL Week 19 - Thursday 26th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
-

Officials:

Referee:
David Coote
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: Martin Atkinson
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Stephen Child

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

This match is live on Amazon Prime, if you are going to sign up (and take advantage of a free trial), please go via our link, which will give the forum £3.00 per signup - http://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=s24com05-21

Screenshot 2019-12-25 at 10.35.29.png

Come on Blades!!!!!

Which pairing do we think up top? Stick with McBurnie? UTB!!

Brutal night out on Superbock. Fatha is my alarm clock. Out in EST1889 T-shirt if anyone round here. Oura area, Albufeira.

Which pairing do we think up top? Stick with McBurnie? UTB!!
Let's really go for the throat. We're 3 wins on the trot and full of confidence. Would love to see us play Mcburnie and Moose up top, Didzy in number 10 role. Give Lunny a rest. Fleck to come straight back in also obviously.

So back in action quickly (as is almost everyone), with the visit of of struggling Watford. They had an excellent result on Sunday, with the 2 nil victory over Manure, but I think they'll find us a somewhat different prospect. That's not to say I expect an easy ride, these upcoming 3 games are hugely important, and a victory today is very important, considering the next 2. However, I worry to a degree more about today's game, than 2 upcoming away trips....

So...

Any team news? :)

Fleck slotting straight back in?

Lys or McBurnie starting?

Or neither?

Unlikely both :D

Watford will have some confidence after that victory, but somehow you just felt that was going to happen anyway (well I did). I wouldn't go as far to say as "full" of confidence, and I see that result having absolutely no impact on today's. I expect a difficult game though, and if Pearson get's them playing the way they can, there is no inevitability to them being relegated. They have some decent players and we'll need to be on it today (as we usually are) to get a positive result. But BDBL should be rocking, so that should help. 2-1 I think with Lundstram getting our first, and perhaps Lys the second.

UTB

So back in action quickly (as is almost everyone), with the visit of of struggling Watford. They had an excellent result on Sunday, with the 2 nil victory over Manure, but I think they'll find us a somewhat different prospect. That's not to say I expect an easy ride, these upcoming 3 games are hugely important, and a victory day is important, considering the next 2. However, I worry to a degree more about today's game, than 2 upcoming away trips....

So...

Any team news? :)

Fleck slotting straight back in?

Lys or McBurnie starting?

Or neither?

Unlikely both :D

Watford will have some confidence after that victory, but somehow you just felt that was going to happen anyway (well I did). I wouldn't go as far to say as "full" of confidence, and I see that result having absolutely no impact on today's. I expect a difficult game though, and if Pearson get's them playing the way they can, there is no inevitability to them being relegated. They have some decent players and we'll need to be on it today (as we usually are) to get a positive result. But BDBL should be rocking, so that should help. 2-1 I think with Lundstram getting our first, and perhaps Lys the second.

UTB

☃ ☃

Forget the capability of the opponents today, can I imagine us in league 1 such a short time ago winning 4 games on the bounce in the Premier League? No.

Yet strange thing is I never had a problem believing we were always capable of losing 4+ in any league even though I wouldn’t regard myself as a pessimist.

Come on Blades, let’s improve this home form and give those “relegated by Christmas” pundits a stake of holly through their clueless hearts.

I can see Wilder giving McGoldrick a rest today and going for McBurnie and Mousset up front.

Plenty of football to be played over Christmas so I can’t see him starting every match.

I'd consider resting Lunneh and making sure his legs are good for Man City.

We also need Mousset to be fresh in that game, but would like him to start today.

But there's a very strong argument for disregarding the next 2 games and prioritising winning this one.

boxing day football you cant beat it. although how we have got Watford is confusing because i thought the fixture computer was manually done so that we played the closest team to us that isnt a derby on boxing day to help fans on limited transport like Chelsea v Southampton Bournemouth v Arsenal, spurs v brighton, palace v West Ham. So watford from near London is confusing

on the gamethey might be bottom this will tough the man utd game will have gave them added confidence. especially as we know troy deeney back he demands 100%. & we can never underestimate Watford, i still remember the horror of hartlepool Christmas 2012. i believe we were top, unbeaten at home, they were bottom with 1 win all season & they completely outplayed us highly embarrassing.with 2 away games v PL champs. then euro & world champs. we cant afford it & 3pts is must today

To pass the time before Kick Off...

Players who played for both.

I've come up with a few: Paul Devlin, Darius Henderson, Jon Harley, Rob Page, Jordan Stewart, Marlon King, Lee Williamson, John Joe O'Toole, Will Hoskins, Mark Yeates, Matt Spring, Bruce Dyer, Danny Webber, Tommy Mooney, Stephen McGinn, Nyron Nosworthy, Craig Beattie and Steve Kabba...anymore?

Reactions: FYT

I've come up with a few: Paul Devlin, Darius Henderson, Jon Harley, Rob Page, Jordan Stewart, Marlon King, Lee Williamson, John Joe O'Toole, Will Hoskins, Mark Yeates, Matt Spring, Bruce Dyer, Danny Webber, Tommy Mooney, Stephen McGinn, Nyron Nosworthy, Craig Beattie and Steve Kabba...anymore?

Wilf Rostron

Reactions: FYT

Stuart Scullion & Tony Currie

Back
Top Bottom