Pre-Season 17/18 Sheffield United v. Stoke City - 25/07/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's your match thread for any discussion surrounding the game...

Toughest preseason game and with an ever increasing injury list Moore, Hanson, Ched...

I'd argue that Malaga was more difficult.

I don't believe Stoke have signed anyone yet and they've let go of Arnautovic, Walters, Imbula and Bojan is on his way.

I'm hoping for the announcement of one, maybe two players tonight. Pure guess.

No doubt we'll play the first choice 11 from those who are fit so the selection will be interesting.

New players get just the one chance to acclimatise to Bramall Lane.

Stoke do not frighten us but they are what they are, hard to beat. They will miss Walters, Arnautovich and Whelan.

Maybe Stoke will struggle to achieve usual mid-table this season but no doubt will make some signings.

Tight game tonight with just a couple of goals either way. The Prem is the Prem but we are competitive and not that bad these days:).

We must tighten up defensively and Stearman has to take charge and show his leadership at the back. Keeper will be fine.

On a more pressing note, which is the pre match pub of choice!?

On the online sales, it says you have to collect a ticket. Anyone know if that's right or whether season tickets are activated?

Collect from ticket office I was told?

Try this...

[LINK REMOVED]

The match is showing as being a live stream.

I don't know if it works - my experience with these live streaming sites isn't good, but it's worth a shot if you're not going.

I'll be going to the match myself so let us know if it works later?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd argue that Malaga was more difficult.

I don't believe Stoke have signed anyone yet and they've let go of Arnautovic, Walters, Imbula and Bojan is on his way.
Signed Kurt Zouma centre back from Chelsea couple of days ago on season long loan. Some Stoke fans on their board coming to get chance of first glimpse of him.

Would love to see Ched feature tonight. Hopefully also get an update on Moore in the post match presser

Going to be interesting to see how Eastwood looks, seen nothing of him before but heard he already looks better than Long and Ramsey at his age, you would expect Stoke to test him.

Result is meaningless, just hoping we look good on the ball, are ready for the season and we avoid any further injuries to key men.

CONFIRMED: Tonight's team: Eastwood, Stevens, Fleck, O’Connell, Basham, Sharp, Coutts, Freeman, Stearman, Lavery, Carruthers #twitterblades

TONIGHTS SUBS: Thomas, Clarke, Bennett, Wright, Duffy, Lafferty, Pollard, Brooks #twitterblades

The worry really is the bench. Not exactly looking strong at the moment.

Funnily enough, having not played professional sport for so long, he's finding that niggles/issues are fairly likely.

Was always going to be the case.

I did try to explain all this before, when he was released I think. Some call it muscle memory, but I did say that length of time out not playing at elite level could cause lots of issues for a period of time.

Sheffield United target Darragh Lenihan has been left out of the Blackburn Rovers squad for their friendly against Grimsby Town tonight.

Back
Top Bottom