Sheffield United v. Norwich City - 16/09/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
Back to BDBL this afternoon, with the visit of a Norwich City side struggling for form. We on the other hand are looking for our 4th consecutive home win. Last time we managed to win our opening four homes games of the season, we were promoted the Premier League. :) Should be a good following from Norwich despite the distance, but I imagine they won't bring 20,000 even though we haven't played each other since 2011 ;) They do bring with them a record of 30 league goals conceded in their last 13 away games, hopefully we can help that along....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Donaldson better kept as an option from the bench?

Therefore go unchanged from the side which beat Bolton?

Carruthers fit and on the bench?

Depending on other results of course, one that perhaps we should be happy if it doesn't go our way, there's the scary chance of going top this afternoon. Obviously it's still early days, but it'd be nice for a bit whatever the finishing position is next May. Anyway, hopefully a good game, and absolutely another very difficult one, but I'm hopeful of a 2-1 Blades victory.

UTB

Team will be:

Blackman
Freeman Basham Wright O'Connell Stevens
Coutts Fleck
Duffy
Sharp Clarke

Subs: Eastwood, Lafferty, CCV, Lundstram, Carruthers, Brooks, Donaldson

Would be harsh on Baldock but he will get another chance.

Team will be:

Blackman
Freeman Basham Wright O'Connell Stevens
Coutts Fleck
Duffy
Sharp Clarke

Subs: Eastwood, Lafferty, CCV, Lundstram, Carruthers, Brooks, Donaldson

Would be harsh on Baldock but he will get another chance.
Forgot about Ched. Fuck knows what the team will be. We actually have some very good options.

Back to BDBL this afternoon, with the visit of a Norwich City side struggling for form. We on the other hand are looking for our 4th consecutive home win. Last time we managed to win our opening four homes games of the season, we were promoted the Premier League. :) Should be a good following from Norwich despite the distance, but I imagine they won't bring 20,000 even though we haven't played each other since 2011 ;) They do bring with them a record of 30 league goals conceded in their last 13 away games, hopefully we can help that along....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Donaldson better kept as an option from the bench?

Therefore go unchanged from the side which beat Bolton?

Carruthers fit and on the bench?

Depending on other results of course, one that perhaps we should be happy if it doesn't go our way, there's the scary chance of going top this afternoon. Obviously it's still early days, but it'd be nice for a bit whatever the finishing position is next May. Anyway, hopefully a good game, and absolutely another very difficult one, but I'm hopeful of a 2-1 Blades victory.

UTB

I saw Donaldinho in the gym yesterday training with the physio, not sure if it's a bad sign for today's game or if he was just being tested?

I saw Donaldinho in the gym yesterday training with the physio, not sure if it's a bad sign for today's game or if he was just being tested?

Think CW has already said that he won't risk Donaldson today, or did I dream that?

Sadly can't make it today due to work being done at home, hope the boys do us proud again with another 3 points, got a feeling a draw is due but let's wait n see!
COYRAWW

Really looking forward to this, more than any game so far. I'm confident we'll get a good result but at the same time there's no pressure on this game after winning 4 in a row. Perfect combination. On top of that it should be a good footballing game.

If Donaldson makes the squad I'll be delighted. It should mean he'll start next week. If we don't pick up any injuries or suspensions I'll be even delighteder. Fingers crossed on that front...

Can't see Donaldson starting, need to keep him safe for them wankers next week!

Think CW has already said that he won't risk Donaldson today, or did I dream that?

Think he said touch and go but I'm not sure if I dreamed that either

I don't think he was completely ruled out, but he did say he won't be risked and I suspect for that reason he won't start.

Today's my first trip to the Lane since we lifted a trophy...

No Sharp - injured apparently and will be lucky to play next week.

From his neighbour.

I would have put money on Sharp to get a goal today had he started (indeed I did).

Big opportunities for Brooks and Evans. We have zero plan B if that doesn't come off though looking at the bench.

Looks like the compulsory derby day injury blow has come nice and early.

What worries me is that if Sharp was anything like fit enough to play, he'd be in the squad.

It's also not promising that Donaldson hasn't made the squad.

You couldn't make it up really - only one fit striker and rather ironically that's Evans.

The upside is Brooks starting, which I'm very much looking forward to.

We'll be lucky to get a draw now. Very worrying. I can't see Ched playing more than 60 minutes. What on earth then? CCW upfront?

Near end of first half. Crazy game. We are attacking pretty manically, had at least two very good chances: Ched header and Brooks through. Brooks looks great, to be honest, Ched hasn't been in the game at all: lots of running round. Norwich's game is to press and counter attack, and it's working pretty well. We're so committed to attacking, we've made a few mistakes in areas where we shouldn't, but, fuck me, I like how we play.

Listening to this reminds me of a home match years ago against Norwich.. We dominated for 85mins they had 3 attacks in the entire game and we lost 2-0. Can't every remember a more one side defeat

Good performance in terms of possession, pressing, and play around the penalty area. Two clear chances - Brooks 1 on 1 (should have scored), and Freeman should have scored at the end of the half, Ched had half chance with header. Based on chances the score should be at least 1-1, maybe 2-1 - so 0-1 is harsh.

Ched is no where near good enough. Get rid in January and use the resources to get a proper player in.

Norwich look dangerous on the counter.

They deserved the lead, but we've been the much better side since

We need to get back into this early on in the second half or I see it being one of those games.. we have every chance in world and they nab another on counter to kill us off

Brooks has been quality

We've played really well but have got no threat up front

Evans is either unfit or finished

We've been poor. There have been so many individual mistakes that have gifted possession away – Basham, Wright, Coutts, Fleck, Duffy all guilty of that. It's the poorest display by the midfield trinity that I've seen in a while. I've counted three Coutts diagonal passes that have been hit straight out.

Up front, Brooks is creating stuff for himself and has been bright. Evans had a great early chance that wasn't taken, but other than that hasn't been given anything.

We need a right kick up the arse, and probably Carruthers on. I'd also get CCV on as there were a couple of corner scrambles where we just needed someone to leather it.

Watching on iFollow. They have done a job on Coutts and Fleck all game. It feels like we are down yo 10 men because the ball isn't sticking up front and we don't have enough men in the box when it does go in. We need some luck in the 2nd half if we are to score..

Back
Top Bottom