Match Thread Sheffield United v. Newcastle United - 5th Dec 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
NEWC
NEWC
NEWC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1575371190634.png v. 1575371198592.png
EPL Week 15 - Thursday 5th December 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-newcastle-united.479/

Officials:

Referee:
Stuart Attwell
Assistant Referee: Richard West
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Jarred Gillett
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Amazon Prime can be viewed via a free trial, please see http://www.amazon.co.uk/tryprimefree?tag=s24com05-21 for details.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 11.09.10.png

Nice of Amazon to make it a 7.30 kick off. Bet the toon army are delighted.

2_0 United can't see them scores on Thursday Im saying 3 out of the next 5 we keep clean sheets with only Norwich / Brighton scoring against us I'm saying two points per game till City

Unfortunately have to be work during this one:mad:. Any ideas for keeping up with the match during this training I have to do? All suggestions welcome...

Got to make my way from Scarborough for this one so praying that it isn’t a 0-0. They did well to get a point against city so I’m sure they will be up for it. I reckon 2-0 to us though - maybe 2-1 if they’re lucky - or let’s go one better than Leicester and get a 6-0 past them wooooooi 🤭

going for a pretty easy 2-0. would love to see us do what we did to burnley

If we're not 2 up by the 70th min then we could find ourselves tiring badly, digging deep into the trenches to take all 3 points especially as they have Traore 2.0 aka Saint Maximin charging at us all game.

Scrap that, I'm petitioning all games end after 60 mins effective immediately lol.

In all seriousness i do think wilder will need to be more shrewder with his tactical substitutions over the next month or so.

I'm worried mousset won't play he looked fucked Sunday . Likely to be rested for Norwich even then he won't play 90 .

Enter a crucial period from now to Boxing Day.

Pick up a few wins in this period and we are well set for survival.

Get a run of bad results with the tough January coming up we could get dragged right into the dog fight.

Three or four massive games now, let’s hope Suspensions don’t interfere.

I think that this year is the most open premier league possibly ever with even the bottom clubs taking points off the leading teams, so I think that the average points tally for survival of 36 will be significantly higher this season, more likely lower 40s, which means that getting points in the bag as early as possible is imperative, which means the next 4 or 5 games takes on a lot more importance to cover the possibility of a slump, so I hate saying it but tomorrow nights game is a minimum dont lose game with an added no bookings game thrown in.
But I'm convinced that this team with the backing of an extremely vocal and intimidating support will give it their all.

Bruce will park the bus. Unlike Man City who tried to find their way through a crowded middle our well proven outflanking style will be used to good effect as this is what it was invented for. Intriguing possibility is that we may go back to last seasons formation with Didsy and mousse up front and freeman in the Duffy role behind. Comfortable win and Didsy to score. COYRAWW ⚔️⚔️

So after yet another excellent performance on Sunday we now face the visit of Brucie's Newcastle United. Despite a couple of eye catching results, they look very much a mid table side IMHO. For me we did seem to tire a little last match, though remained a threat. It may have been Wolves getting their tails up a little and attempting to turn the screw. So is it time to rotate a little....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fully fit squad...

A number of yellows starting to rack up...

But perhaps go unchanged at least for the first 60 mins?

This will be no easy match. Bruce has finally got them pretty well organized. But I do fancy this one to go our way. 2-1 or 2-0 with Mcgoldrick finally hitting the net (inside) :)

UTB

So after yet another excellent performance on Sunday we now face the visit of Brucie's Newcastle United. Despite a couple of eye catching results, they look very much a mid table side IMHO. For me we did seem to tire a little last match, though remained a threat. It may have been Wolves getting their tails up a little and attempting to turn the screw. So is it time to rotate a little....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Filly fit squad...

A number of yellows starting to rack up...

But perhaps go unchanged at least for the first 60 mins?

This will be no easy match. Bruce has finally got them pretty well organized. But I do fancy this one to go our way. 2-1 or 2-0 with Mcgoldrick finally hitting the net (inside) :)

UTB

🐧 🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

Listening to CW's comments earlier in the week I wouldn't be surprised to see a change or two tonight given that Baldock, Fleck & Lunny are on 4 yellows, one of Lunny & Fleck to miss out maybe?......could there be a "tactical" yellow for whoever plays so that only one of them is missing for Sunday? The thought of both of them being out doesn't fill me with joy! Having said that the thought of Keiron Freeman coming in for George brings me out in a cold sweat....!

Big game, win this one and we got all the momentum to make December a great month and basically clinch survival already lol. Hopefully after this month, we can make top 10 our realistic goal.

Big game and one we really need to avoid losing. I'd love a win against big nose. Despite our good start to the season and their 'bad one', they're only 3 points behind us and showed against City they can play when they feel like it. I can see there being a goal in it. On the run-in to Chrsitmas it's really important to keep the momentum going.

Think this might be a stinking 0-0 against Bruce again.

Tricky one this, really hope we start like we did the Burnley game.

Think this might be a stinking 0-0 against Bruce again.
Agreed - That would be my bet.

Ahem - if I did. bet I mean ...

I obviously would never bet on us...

That would be stupid ....

So its hypothetical - OK

With McG and Moose ready to come on for tired legs or if we are chasing the game.

Wilder said we are a better team with Didsy in it. Moose is on fire......i no understand.

Back
Top Bottom