Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 31st October 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANC
MANC
MANC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1603834862445.png v. 1603834866095.png
EPL Week 7 - Saturday 31st October 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-city.515/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Oliver
Assistant Referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant Referee: Simon Bennett
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Paul Tierney
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

1603834984550.png

At Liverpool last week I was greatly encouraged by Ampadu’s performance and thought he could make the holding mid position his own , so what a shock to watch his performance today which was truly awful .

His positional play was all over the place and at times he looked like Little Boy Lost . When he did get the ball he either gave it away cheaply or played it 20 yards backwards .

Oh , and could someone tell him to stop pointing and waving please - those of us of a certain age have had enough of that to last us a lifetime . It doesn’t indicate that you’re tactically aware Ethan , it just lets us know that you’re having a crap game and relying on others to cover up for your own inadequacies .

CW has made too many changes over the last few games just to try to get the kids in the team. no need to play Lowe (who did ok) at full back, just play Robinson (the natural replacement in the back 3) with Stevens and Baldock in there natural positions! no need to take Norwood out for Ampidu (who gave the ball away so many times) and then there’s playing Brewster for 90 minutes!? because he cost us 23mil?

All this because he CW feels obliged to play the kids and in doing so has disrupted the team massively, last seasons team formation would have given a better account of them-self’s today? We needed to buy a proven goal scorer In the window but we bought Brewster! a young kid who’s not played in the Premier League, what did we expect? No premier team can afford to play a player just to give him game time, I don’t think he contributed to the game at all, he didn’t make runs to take players away for others to benefit from, he didn’t make space for himself to get onto that pass or scoring chance basically he was poor. People talk about Sharp not now being good enough but he does everything that Brewster didn’t do today. I’m not saying play Sharpe but we just can’t afford to be sentimental and keep playing Brewster.

Last edited:
CW has made too many changes over the last few games just to try to get the kids in the team. no need to play Lowe (who did ok) at full back, just play Robinson (the natural replacement in the back 3) with Stevens and Baldock in there natural positions! no need to take Norwood out for Ampidu (who gave the ball away so many times) and then there’s playing Brewster for 90 minutes!? other than that he cost us 23mil.

All this because he CW feels obliged to play the kids and in doing so has disrupted the team massively, last seasons team formation would have given a better account of them-self’s today? We needed to buy a proven goal scorer In the window but we bought Brewster! a young kid who’s not played in the Premier League, what did we expect? No premier team can afford to play a player just to give him game time, I don’t think he contributed to the game at all, he didn’t make runs to take players away for others to benefit from, he didn’t make space for himself to get onto that pass or scoring chance basically he was poor. People talk about Sharp not now being good enough but he does everything that Brewster didn’t do today. I’m not saying play Sharpe but we just can afford to be sentimental and keep playing Brewster.
A wily and experienced Sharp would have been a much better choice today.
Can’t have been any worse.

Can we all appreciate the Berge masterclass here:

Have you not watched the last 10 games? This is not a knee jerk reaction after playing Liverpool and Citeh but a culmination of many performances / results.

I found today more frustrating and worrying than most before it because we never attempted to put ourselves in a position to get anything from the game. Incredibly negative and safe and should have been beaten by many more if they had their shooting boots on and had got out of 3rd gear in the second half.

We look completely devoid of confidence, belief, intent and creativity. Continue like this and there is only one way this season is going.

I’ve watched every painful minute mate but there’s a time to react angrily and a 1-0 loss to the usually free scoring Saudi nation backed most expensively assembled squad of all time isn’t it, for me.

Man City never really looked in trouble at any point in that game,are they that good, YES,never broke sweat did they.

We need to play at another level,which will probably be next season in the Championship.
Let's be honest here the players that's been recruted are championship players bar the obvious few

Threw Lundstram on to give him yet another chance (how many final chances does he get) could not see him for most of the game he was on then arguably messed up our one chance to score.

Even Mrs Brown would have scored that.

Can’t wait for CWs post match interview. See what excuses he brings to the table this week.

We’re going back to the same fucking comically shite Sheff Utd. Jay McEveley would be proud.

Sander Berge 6”4 but taking corners and set pieces, if he can’t use his head at that height, send him fucking back. Ramsdale makes horrendous decisions, don’t know how we’ve not conceded more. Brewster looks like a lost little boy. Get that fucking Lundstram as far away from the starting XI as possible, I wouldn’t even let him attend training, he can fuck off. McBurnie can win as many Ariel challenges as he wants, when they’re 35 yards out and rarely find a red and white shirt, why bother.

CW, long hard look at yourself in the mirror. Decision making at the minute is dismal. Football is an entertainment sport, and at the minute I’m entertaining the idea of suicide. 1 point in 21 is shit. There is no sugar coating.

Can’t wait for CWs post match interview. See what excuses he brings to the table this week.

We’re going back to the same fucking comically shite Sheff Utd. Jay McEveley would be proud.

Sander Berge 6”4 but taking corners and set pieces, if he can’t use his head at that height, send him fucking back. Ramsdale makes horrendous decisions, don’t know how we’ve not conceded more. Brewster looks like a lost little boy. Get that fucking Lundstram as far away from the starting XI as possible, I wouldn’t even let him attend training, he can fuck off. McBurnie can win as many Ariel challenges as he wants, when they’re 35 yards out and rarely find a red and white shirt, why bother.

CW, long hard look at yourself in the mirror. Decision making at the minute is dismal. Football is an entertainment sport, and at the minute I’m entertaining the idea of suicide. 1 point in 21 is shit. There is no sugar coating.
Emotions running high??

Send Sander Home?? He’s our best player. Ramsdale is a great keeper.
It will get better!

Odd goal yes the real test is ganes after Chelsea scoring is a major issue brewster is very raw
Indeed he is and he’s learning and being marked by world class players ...soon he will realise he has more time and space as the defenders will not be world class defenders. He will get better more confident and the goals will come

It's so fucking frustrating watching this fucking team at the moment, too much fucking around instead of getting the ball in the box, slow, predictable build up play that ends up going fucking backwards all the time.

This team has the capability of doing so much more, the times where a man actually took some bollocks to try and take someone on and open up the game we looked threatening, but all to often we have nobody willing to try drive past their man, they would rather play the safe pass backwards and sideways, meaning we are always defending against 11 men.

The great thing about this league is all it takes is a couple of wins and everything looks different, I trust Wilder more than I have ever trusted any manager before him to turn it around, but he needs to do something fast, we need to have some bollocks about us and not be afraid to try and take a man on, do something different like go through the middle instead of always trying to go out wide and get the overload, I mean fuck me what's it got to take to get an early fucking cross in 😐

Wasn't the worst performance, can't fault the effort against such a team as Man City, semi proud to see Walker score with an absolute sweet strike, I think we can still be fine, we just need to go out and take Chelsea apart again to kick start our season, though I just don't expect us too, it isn't out of our capability.
Semi proud to see Walker score.....??

Semi proud to see Walker score.....??
What's wrong with being proud of a fellow Blade doing as well as Walker is? I mean it sucks he scored against us, but look at what a player we made, who loves this club like me and you do, you can't not have a smile on your face for a player like him.

If Brewster did anything to contribute then maybe we wouldn't be wondering what have we let ourselves in for.
We've bought a finisher in Brewster, he's not done anything yet because he's had nothing to finish. He's spent the game closing down defenders and trying to feed off the scraps of McB flick ons, which were few and far between.

If you expect a 20 year old in his second start to influence that today I suspect you need to reconsider your expectations otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

We've bought a finisher in Brewster, he's not done anything yet because he's had nothing to finish. He's spent the game closing down defenders and trying to feed off the scraps of McB flick ons, which were few and far between.

If you expect a 20 year old in his second start to influence that today I suspect you need to reconsider your expectations otherwise you're going to be disappointed.
I am disappointed not just with him but with all the big money signings except the unorthodox Ramsdale, not a game changer amongst them.

I am disappointed not just with him but with all the big money signings except the unorthodox Ramsdale, not a game changer amongst them.
I'm disappointed with the collective performance and results but if any of them deserve a bit more time to prove themselves it's Brewster. He's had zero service.

I'd also add that whilst our 'big money signings' are exactly that, for us, they aren't at all in the PL scheme of things. So again, expecting game changers for none game changing money is unrealistic.

Sharpe should have been on 10 minutes ago, need someone to put himself about!
I'll put you in the 'FFS at least try the best finisher in the squad' club, there's 3 of us now.

Genuinely can't believe we paid £18.5m for Ramsdale, when he looked so average for Bournemouth last year too

Ramsdale needs dropping confidence gone makes some good saves but let’s the simplest ones in. £18M and Wilders decision to buy him so will he drop him

Back
Top Bottom