Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 21st Jan 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
MANC
MANC
MANC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin

1579518367570.png v. 1579518373767.png
EPL Week 24 - Tuesday 21st January 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-city.488/

Officials:

Referee:
Lee Mason
Assistant Referee: Simon Long
Assistant Referee: Nick Hopton
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Andy Madley
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 11.08.01.png

So after the excellent result at The Emirates, it's quickly back in action tonight, with the visit of Mancester City to BDBL. Another very difficult test. They have match winners dotted throughout the team. We can only hope they have another off day as they did on Saturday... but for that to happen back to back????

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Mcgoldrick still out?

Stick to same starting line up....

Or a slight tweak with Besic making his full PL debut for us....?

Another mammoth game. But with our crowd under the lights at BDBL, it's sure to be a special atmosphere. Hopefully we can make that count. I'm a absolutely lost as to what I expect, or to predict for this. Heart 2-1 Blades victory. Head 1-3 defeat :(

Enjoy the show....

UTB

Apart from the trademark spirited team effort and dare I say a win... Two things that would make me happy tonight regardless... A Didzy goal... And a start for Mo Besic!

Have a feeling this could be our first thrashing if we’re any way off it tonight. Cue inevitable meltdown on here at getting turned over by last season’s champions, bringing in all the overreaction elements so far from the transfer window and contract talks.

Mains water burst on St Mary’s Gate - potential safety issue re tonight’s game

Mains water burst on St Mary’s Gate - potential safety issue re tonight’s game

Access might be difficult but shouldn't be any issue of ice tonight - BBC weather reckons a balmy 8 degrees.

The bogs might not flush though. Back to League One days!

They'll be up for it. Didn't win at the weekend, on the telly. Plus they felt like they solved our formation 2nd half at their place and will want to do it again

I hope they rest Sergio, I really do. They owe someone a thrashing. Hopefully not us. They know how we play now so need to be 100% or could find ourselves in trouble.

I thought Mousset did well at Man City with his speed, hopefully Billy will get his first home Premier league goal.

The week they decide to bring Laporte back... FFS

Got to wonder whether there's some truth in the Luke Freeman rumours at this point. This is 3 in a row where he's suddenly not made the matchday squad.

Not sure about Starting Billy tbh. The key here is getting and keeping the ball up the pitch. We'll see. Not really the kind of match you'd think he'd flourish in but who knows. No McGoldrick to bring on either.

No Aguero for them but Mahrez, Sterling and de Bruyne all starting. Should be an interesting evening.

Laporte back damn he is their best defender his 1st game of the season,We face Laporte and Otamendi instead of Stones and Fernandiho. Pep must be terrified.

Not sure about Starting Billy tbh. The key here is getting and keeping the ball up the pitch. We'll see. Not really the kind of match you'd think he'd flourish in but who knows. No McGoldrick to bring on either.

No Aguero for them but Mahrez, Sterling and de Bruyne all starting. Should be an interesting evening.

Keeps possession as well as anyone in my opinion, but he's not an outball like Moose because he's not got the pace, so we'll have to be better and keep the ball a bit.

Think the reasoning is, if we get chances we need to put them in the net, and Bill is our deadliest finisher. Also finds space well.

This is it Billy ,ur chance , just one goal , he’s done well when he’s come on as a sub , trust his chance to be against Man City though !
Mcgoldrick must be fucked not even on bench

for me been looking forward to tonight since the fixtures were released in June. because you cant help but want to know when is Guardiola, Aguero, De Bruyne, D Silva, Sterling. who are some best players in the world coming to bramall lane

the game at ehitad does give me confidence that we can get an unlikely point. but we need to be better in possession as we can not be giving it easily away like we have recently because the players above that are starting are very capable of damaging you very quickly & on top form can destroy the best

Surprised at the lack of pace up front, considering he started Mousset and Robinson at the Etihad.

Our passing has been way sloppy, bash has nearly cost us 2 and Oli another. Thank fuck for Hendo.

I can see a sending off in the second too.

Theyve been banging on about hendo being off his line for the pen on commentary so expect that headline tomorrow.

We arent using the ball well enough, regaon some composure and we are well in this.

Obviously a shame not to get a point, but a world class assist undid us.

Far happier with that performance, a lot more solid than we've looked since we last played Man City.

Henderson obviously had a great game, Sharp and McBurnie did well too up front considering they've not really played together.

Besic was great. Not as bombastic as Lunny in his pomp but a better option than out of form Lunny by miles.

We're severely lacking in goals. Yeh our strikers can hold it up blah de blah de blah but we need someone who can stick it in the onion bag!!

Moussett no goals in 10 is out of form.

Obviously a shame not to get a point, but a world class assist undid us.

Far happier with that performance, a lot more solid than we've looked since we last played Man City.

Henderson obviously had a great game, Sharp and McBurnie did well too up front considering they've not really played together.

Besic was great. Not as bombastic as Lunny in his pomp but a better option than out of form Lunny by miles.

Problem with Besic is getting booked after 5 minutes stifled his game. It was a crude tackle and a bit unnecessary at that point in the game. Otherwise he did ok.

Back
Top Bottom