Match Thread Sheffield United v. Liverpool - 28th Sept 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LIV
LIV
LIV
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1569585379131.png v. 1569585388008.png

EPL Week 7 - Saturday 28th September 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-liverpool.471/

Officials:

Referee:
Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-09-27 at 12.53.38.png

Heart: we will batter them.
Head: we are gonna get battered.
Reality: We will draw 1-1, hard fought contest, last minute VAR decision - missed penalty for Liverpool

It’s matches like this that getting promoted are all about. I’ve been looking forward to this one ever since the day we clinched a place in the P.L.

Liverpool are a fantastic team that exude class all over the pitch. If we lose, and I think most will expect us to, it will be no disgrace.

But the best thing about it is that you know under Wilder we will play positively and give it a real go. To beat them would be sensational but our team under the leadership of our manager can perform well whilst entertaining against the best, so you just never know.

We go into this with our heads held high, and at full time what ever happens we will finish with our heads held high.

Wonderful time to be a Blade.

Last time we had Mr Taylor as Ref,he sent Basham off last season v Blackburn.

Can anyone one remember if it was a deserved sending off.

Really looking forward to a cracking atmosphere tomorrow. Greasy chip butty drowning out whatever anthem they have.

Also a cracking opportunity to drink at breakfast. Last bottle of Thornbridge necessary evil stout wi eggs and kippers!!!!

Apologies for anyone on Kop sat behind row DD and if we bring the big flag our am gunna Dutch oven you all 😂

I love watching their front 3;they just score goals for fun.Then theres cool,calm Van Dyke at the heart of defence and the 2 young full backs bombing forward and their crosses tend to be right on the money.We will have to be at our very best to cope.
The result.Ever the optimist,Home win,3-1 to the Mighty Blades.

View attachment 61942 v. View attachment 61943

EPL Week 7 - Saturday 28th September 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-liverpool.471/

Officials:

Referee:
Anthony Taylor
Assistant Referee: Gary Beswick
Assistant Referee: Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Oliver Langford
Video Assistant Referee: David Coote
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 61941
Canal+Sport, Poland HD

I'll have personal- family derby. My father is very very Liverpool F.C. fan (over 40-years of experience. You can imagine, that in the 80's we had a first video recorder in all Province because my father had a friend who was a pilot and provided to him (directly from England) video cassettes with Liverpool games..., the video recorder... it was most expensive purchase in that decade). I'm happy for the next reason. The match will be broadcasted in Polish TV live (very first time this season). We'll meet at my house (the Blades area), drink chilled vodka and support our teams. A personal-family derby at very small Polish village. Who will be the ruler?

It was a pathetic sending off. Early yellow for a dodgy tackle & 2nd yellow for a hand ball while in the wall facing a free kick (if memory serves).

Great game though. 10v10 and battered them.

It's 11 v 11 at the end of the day. Races, tackles and headers. Win them, win the game.

I'll have personal- family derby. My father is very very Liverpool F.C. fan (over 40-years of experience. You can imagine, that in the 80's we had a first video recorder in all Province because my father had a friend who was a pilot and provided to him (directly from England) video cassettes with Liverpool games..., the video recorder... it was most expensive purchase in that decade). I'm happy for the next reason. The match will be broadcasted in Polish TV live (very first time this season). We'll meet at my house (the Blades area), drink chilled vodka and support our teams. A personal-family derby at very small Polish village. Who will be the ruler?

Sounds like a grand day. Let’s hope the game lives up to expectations.
Mixed feelings in our household, but all Blades really.

We always do well against Liverpool at home, but this Liverpool team is full of goals. So 2v2 for me . Fleck and JOC

Well after that shambles midweek, which the less said about the better, it's back to the serious action with the visit of Liverpool. I'm sure prior to each visit of Liverpool the opposition are hopeful that they'll be the one to dent their run. I'm hopeful of course but not remotely confident...

But it's 11v11 and if lady luck happens to be on our side and Liverpool play the worse they have for years ;) then who knows...? Lol

So...

Any team news? :)

Presumably we revert to the side that last played opposition from Liverpool :)

Though perhaps Jags is unlikely to be getting a cameo this time?

Mousset to start or a better option from the bench?

Needless to say both Manchester City and Liverpool will beat most of the sides that we are effectively competing against. Obviously now and again surprise results happen such as Norwich beating Manchester ;) (deservedly) but on the whole defeat this Saturday will not particularly impact our season unless Liverpool suddenly collapse and the 'less fancied' sides start getting results against them - unlikely. So without being pessimistic, more realistic, I see a 3 nil defeat. Heart wants to say we get a positive result, and in some ways even a slim defeat would give us confidence. Avoiding a cricket score is important, but if that's the mood the opposition are in I'm not sure what we could do about it. Massive quality throughout their team. Will our effort be enough?....

We'll see.

UTB

If McGoldrick is fit, this seems a game he must start ... despite his dodgy finishing.

His hold up play will be important in slowing down the pace of the game. Plus he's excellent at winning free kicks and we're pretty good from dead balls.

I'd go with Moose and McGoldrick up front today.

No, it was pure victimisation. Taylor hates Basham and will go out of his way to send him off for the slightest thing. Taylor was giving Basham verbal all the way through the match - jogging alongside him calling him a "useless Mackem Twat" and things like that. It's very personal between them.

We'll most likely lose. There's probably more chance of 0-4 than 1-1 even. But you never know. Weird stuff can happen if your keeper has a blinder, the opposition miss a couple, you put in a good performance and you take your chances. 2-1 😂😂

COYRAWW

Really like this post. How come you support the Blades then mate? Of all the teams in England that a bloke growing up in a small Polish village could choose...why us? I can understand why someone in that situation may choose to support one of England's top 6 clubs, but Sheffield United? m fascinated to know why?

I'll be watching from Valencia. 3 points would be a dream, though it'd crush me to not be there to see it.

Bash trying to catch up with Mane will be...interesting 😁

We always do well against Liverpool at home, but this Liverpool team is full of goals. So 2v2 for me . Fleck and JOC

The fact that we've done well with a completely different set of players, versus a completely different set of players, in totally different circumstances, down the years, has absolutely nothing to do with the likely outcome of today's game. The only common factors are the name of the two clubs - that's it. To believe any different is to give in to superstition - and I know that's something that many, maybe even most, football fans are partial to, but it's irrelevant I'm afraid.

I prefer to think of today's game as, "these are the kind of matches we need to be winning if we are going to finish as Champions".

Back
Top Bottom