Sheffield United v. Leicester City - 22/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure I'd say we played great tbh.

Good at the least, I thought we tried really hard for 90 minutes, Lavery ran his legs off, some nice bits on the wing.

Deffo need to work on the set pieces though, they're pretty cack at the moment.

I'll watch it on the TV and see if I change my opinion.

Was anyone else really surprised by the Leicester fans' attitude to the game tonight? Brought great numbers and celebrated every goal like mad.

Imagine us going to Chalton (similar size club to us) in the division below, in the second round of the cup no one cares about and doing the same? It wouldn't happen.

I forgot just how massive Maguire was/is and it was good to see him at the lane again. There was a moment after a corner when he and Jake Wright were having a word and the difference in size was ridiculous!

Anyway, they had too much up front for us to deal with. We competed well over the rest of the pitch but I was disappointed that we had so little to show from the many times we got into dangerous positions. All the best to Leicester for the rest of the season and now let's concentrate on establishing ourselves in the Championship.

Was anyone else really surprised by the Leicester fans' attitude to the game tonight?Brought great numbers and celebrated every goal like mad.

Imagine us going to Chalton (similar size club to us) in the division below, in the second round of the cup no one cares about and doing the same? It wouldn't happen.

I forgot just how massive Maguire was/is and it was good to see him at the lane again. There was a moment after a corner when he and Jake Wright were having a word and the difference in size was ridiculous!

Anyway, they had too much up front for us to deal with. We competed well over the rest of the pitch but I was disappointed that we had so little to show from the many times we got into dangerous positions. All the best to Leicester for the rest of the season and now let's concentrate on establishing ourselves in the Championship.

O'Connell did well to handle Maguire tonight. One thing that annoyed me though was Harry's bitching about shirt pulling when he had a good hold of Jack at corners.

Still fuming that slimani was on the pitch to fuck us up. Incompetent Officials have fucked us every game bar one, big time this season.

wilder played much stronger team than i expecting. i thought we've got a shot at this. but no shame in losing, Leicester weakened starting xi cost just short of £100m. & probally worth another £50m on top of that. it was 15min spell that killed us where 1 of the best young English wingers produced some magic & then slimani showed why he cost 30million & a regular in the champions league

but if i was to be critial. this nothing on wilder because football can be fickle but id love him to have another warnock type decade long stint. but there is theme that im noticing developing thru every game when im discussing the game. we have to be more clinical because should been more comfortable v brentford.
took the lead v Middlesboro & cardiff.
put 4 past barnsley
then if capitalised on high periods. who knows

but after looking at fixtures blessing we lost, wolves wouldve been rearranged & likely we wouldve has to play 48hrs after a gruelling 1st Derby in 6yrs

Had a rewatch once I got back, from my seat we might have looked a bit better than we were, but I still think we did well tonight against a strong team, whilst making changes ourselves.

I thought a couple of their goals were soft as they get, Eastwood should have done better with all of them really, One goal Eastwood was just nowhere, he came out and stopped, he should have either gone for the ball or stayed in the net, 6 yards out he's not stopping bugger all, he's a bit more decisive than Blackman though that's neither here nor there if we're letting 4 goals in imo, but he made a couple of good saves too, and generally our defence was a bit all over the place in the second half so you can't blame just him, but first half wasn't too bad for me, outside of the odd error, but I'm not that worried because we've not been too bad at the back so far in the league.

Thought Jake Wright played really well, O'Connell made a couple of mistakes but nothing too bad, Freeman had a good game, Baldock looks class to me, Bash came on - high balls worry me when he's on, like against Boro, he just doesn't look like he knows where they're going.

I thought we were really positive with our possession though, but we really need to get our eye in and start scoring. 6 goals from 6 games in all competitions innit? Could do with getting a few in against Derby.

As I said though positive, up on the wings, around the box, some nice passing, we seemed to attack with a bit more speed (as much as we have anyway, though that's not a lot compared to Leicester - bloody quick) and I really enjoyed it even though we lost.

Lavery worked hard, I'd put him with Billy if we're playing 2 up front on Saturday, if we play one behind a striker, I think Brooks could do Billy's running for him, he can stay boglining haha, as long as he's onside. Keep Duffy in, though Samir had a good game tonight. Brooks and Duffy on from the start and a tighter defence and we'll do some damage if we can pissing score more of our chances.

We probably just missed Coutts and Fleck to be honest, Lundstram looked shagged out as I said earlier, maybe we wouldn't have let 4 in with them in midfield, who knows.

Anyway, overall I thought we played really well, didn't embarrass ourselves at all despite the scoreline, and I'm optimistic, as I was anyway.

They all looked like they were giving it full beans which is all you can ask for really, I was more pissed off at 0-2 at Cardiff because we just looked a bit meh.

We need another striker though, badly. If Hanson's off, we've got Leon, Billy, Caolan and Ched, unless I'm forgetting someone. Not much is it if we get a couple of injuries, especially as Ched is hit and miss at the moment, probably a while off starting in the league and I think only Billy is a double figures striker atm, unless Lavery hits a vein of form. Not Clarke bashing btw, like him, good target etc, Ched could be eventually but he's still an unknown for me.

Oh, and the referee and his assistants were shocking. AGAIN. Ref didn't know what handball was, linesman missed some obvious offsides and the one at the Kop end did not give two shits about the ball going out of play. He wouldn't have flagged if Brooks ran off the pitch with the ball and started doing kick ups in the South stand bogs.

Hanko is about 275 miles away from me, been past it on the cruise ship to Stockholm but never visted the actual place.

I wont be moving back to the UK unless something dire happens, life is more straight forward here and less rushed... miss seeing united often though.

Welcome to Funland! Brace yourself for the winter! ;)

Back
Top Bottom