Sheffield United v. Leicester City - 22/08/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Match thread for tomorrow night's cup game.

I expect some changes but wonder who will be our three centre backs as Brayford is the only stand by CB available

I expect some changes but wonder who will be our three centre backs as Brayford is the only stand by CB available
Maybe try 442?
Give Wright some more game time without risking any more injuries there.
Give Thomas another run out on the wing and try Brooks up top with Ched from the start?

Maybe try 442?
Give Wright some more game time without risking any more injuries there.
Give Thomas another run out on the wing and try Brooks up top with Ched from the start?
I like our formation, it gets Fleck and Coutts on the ball a lot and the more you're better players are in the game the better youll be but i do miss real wingers.
Stevens is becoming a real faveorire of mine but having the defensive duties of a wing back really holds back the attacking game of a real winger.
We have two ultimate predators in Sharp and Ched so a player like Thomas whipping balls in would really work out well in my opinion.

I think CW will stick with the 3-5-2, that's his preferred formation and he needs to get as many of the squad playing this way as possible, that way when injuries and suspensions kick in it is a natural fit...mess about with it and you can easily upset the balance of the squad.

I expect a wholesale changes again and Wilder alluded to the same at the weekend. I would expect to see something along the lines of the following;

GK - Eastwood

RCB - Brayford (if he's not gone)
CB - Wright
LCB - Lafferty

RWB - Baldock if fit, if not Jake Bennett
CDM - Lundstram
CAM - Brookes
CM - Carruthers
LWB - Thomas

CF - Evans
CF - Lavery

Bench - Blackman, Stevens, Basham, Coutts, Fleck, Sharp, Duffy

---------------------Eastwood-----------------------
-------Brayford-------Wright-------Lafferty----
Baldock---------------------------------Thomas----
-------------Lundstrum------Carruthers----------
-----------------------Brookes------------------------
-----------Evans-------------------Lavery------------

We'll have to put out a reasonable side if we don't want to risk a thumping. Because Leicester's second string now is no second string at all.

We don't have the disadvantage this time of our Saturday opponents not playing in midweek, as Derby are at Grimsby tomorrow. We can afford to play more of the first team regulars. Although Derby could field a totally different 11 if they wanted to so we can't start too many of them.

Blackman

Basham Wright O'Connell

Baldock Lundstram Fleck Lafferty

Brooks Carruthers

Evans

Subs: Eastwood, Freeman, Coutts, Duffy, Thomas, Lavery, Sharp

Five of our weekend starters there with only Fleck other than the GK/back 3. Good practice for our back 3 against quality players.

Look to bring Fleck off before 70 minutes. Evans for Lavery and Baldock for Freeman after 60 or so.

this is a strange game, because this is game that both would like to win but I'm sure wouldn't be upset if they lost. I would be wary of playing wright 3 times a week. I would start Brooks Carruthers Evans, but brayford back to RWB maybe it might spark his clough form pre injury hopefully

Blackman
Basham Wright O'Connell
Freeman Lundstram Fleck Lafferty
Brooks
Evans Lavery​

That's what I would like to see tomorrow night with a couple of half hour cameos, one from Nathan Thomas. I think he has something to offer once he gets used to playing at a higher level.

who is staying up til 4:15am then when we beat leicester

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/august/carabao-cup-round-three-draw-information/

The draw for Round 3 of the Carabao Cup will take place in Beijing, China on Thursday 24th August 2017. The draw will take place from approximately 11:15am local time – 4:15am BST – and can be followed live on the EFL’s Carabao Cup Twitter feed

giphy.gif

They'll be something like

-------------------------Hamer
Simpson--------Huth----Harry-------Chilwell

Musa------------King-----Amartey----Gray

------------------Slimani----Ulloa

I think CW will stick with the 3-5-2, that's his preferred formation and he needs to get as many of the squad playing this way as possible, that way when injuries and suspensions kick in it is a natural fit...mess about with it and you can easily upset the balance of the squad.

I expect a wholesale changes again and Wilder alluded to the same at the weekend. I would expect to see something along the lines of the following;

GK - Eastwood

RCB - Brayford (if he's not gone)
CB - Wright
LCB - Lafferty

RWB - Baldock if fit, if not Jake Bennett
CDM - Lundstram
CAM - Brookes
CM - Carruthers
LWB - Thomas

CF - Evans
CF - Lavery

Bench - Blackman, Stevens, Basham, Coutts, Fleck, Sharp, Duffy

Pretty much exactly what I'm expecting based on Wilder's interview.

The draw for Round 3 of the Carabao Cup will take place in Beijing, China on Thursday 24th August 2017. The draw will take place from approximately 11:15am local time – 4:15am BST – and can be followed live on the EFL’s Carabao Cup Twitter feed
They've taken it to Beijing to keep the fuckwits at Sky out of it ..............

Based on Wilder's interview I'd predict this line up:

Blackman

Basham Wright O'Connell

Baldock Carruthers Lundstram Lafferty

Brooks

Evans Lavery

Brayford won't play with a move to Burton imminent.

Possibly Thomas LWB and Lafferty LCB but I'm not sure he'll want to do something like that which could expose us defensively.

Possibly Thomas LWB and Lafferty LCB but I'm not sure he'll want to do something like that which could expose us defensively.

Yeah, we'll most likely be facing Slimani, Ulloa, or both, so we need the big lads in the back three. Brayford and Lafferty would be exposed airily.

I'm staying up til 8:30am whether we beat them or not, gota love 12hr nights!!

Live on ESPN in the Carribean from 2.40 local time. Fuckin no Hassle with a VPN heaven.

This shall be one of my rare excursions up to Sheffield to see the game so in keeping with the manner of some other, unnamed posters on this site, I shall forward a list of who should play to Wilder and I also want the unveiling of a top class signing before kick off. In my generosity I shall allow the following flexibility; the new player may be a forward or a centre half and should be announced as costing at least equal to 3 million quid and needs to have come from a Championship or Premiership club.

I can see the PL playing so many games a year in China before long, a little like the NFL does in London.

We'll have to put out a reasonable side if we don't want to risk a thumping. Because Leicester's second string now is no second string at all.

We don't have the disadvantage this time of our Saturday opponents not playing in midweek, as Derby are at Grimsby tomorrow. We can afford to play more of the first team regulars. Although Derby could field a totally different 11 if they wanted to so we can't start too many of them.

Blackman

Basham Wright O'Connell

Baldock Lundstram Fleck Lafferty

Brooks Carruthers

Evans

Subs: Eastwood, Freeman, Coutts, Duffy, Thomas, Lavery, Sharp

Five of our weekend starters there with only Fleck other than the GK/back 3. Good practice for our back 3 against quality players.

Look to bring Fleck off before 70 minutes. Evans for Lavery and Baldock for Freeman after 60 or so.

Wilder rarely puts out a "weakened" side but he's made it clear already that this is a game for those fringe players to show that they are worthy of consideration for a start. So, you can bet your life the likes of Lavery and Evans will be in the starting eleven and he's made it clear that Baldock will feature, so I believe the same applies to him, he'll get a start in place of Freeman - and if he does well then he'll be hauled off after an hour and he'll replace Freeman in the team v Derby on saturday.

This is an opportunity to let the likes of Lavery, Evans, Baldock, Thomas, show us what they can do. It's a chance to look at a different strike pairing up top. I think Billy will be on the bench and brought on if needed.

Get it publicised , it might just help make people make up their minds , to go or not , after all we dont need the money do we ?
just thought it was odd that no one had mentioned it before now. I really don't think that me commenting about it being on telly is going to have a drastic impact on the attendance. I'd love to think I'd got that much power, but I don't. "Jeezus! Only 7000 here - that's all down to Cerberus Blade telling folks it's on telly".

I think you're dreaming mate - but never mind. I've bought my ticket btw - even though I can watch it on Sky on the telly or even on my phone!

It had been mentioned before , but i dont expect you to see everything , but you were basically [ along with others } advertising it for Sky ,nothing to do with your power .

Back
Top Bottom