Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 20th July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
EVER
EVER
EVER
Status
Ratings for this match closed
Ref is Stuart Attwell,he did our 2-2 at Chelsea and our 0-2 at home versus Newcastle.

VAR is Martin Atkinsons job.

Not_a_Cheat used to do these.

So we are on to the penultimate game, with realistically needing to win both for our first ever European qualifying position. One game at a time, but certainly won't take this game as a given, but after that debacle, I'm remarkably confident....

But anyway...

Any team news? :)

Fleck surely starting?

Otherwise unchanged?

I'm hoping from a response after the lacklustre performance at Leicester. I guess it's the hope that kills you. Lol. Anyway 3 nil Blades win with Fleck getting the first goal.

UTB

Agree. We really need to sign a consistent goal scorer at this level. But so does everyone else.

Oh sorry, he’s been excellent since the restart and made a really really great effort to go and win the header.

Forgot we couldn’t give opinions on here unless we’re lashing them with praise.
So you really think that when he has a chance of European football he’s already on the beach? I think you forget very easily the effort and commitment he has given. Just because results aren’t great you criticize commitment.....it’s not that simple.

Jesus Mary and Joseph Stalin what a pathetic display at times from Everton. I'll admit some of the tackles have been rough but nothing to be penalised for. They seem pretty happy to rile our players up as well, starting arguments etc..

So you really think that when he has a chance of European football he’s already on the beach? I think you forget very easily the effort and commitment he has given. Just because results aren’t great you criticize commitment.....it’s not that simple.

That’s the thing, as soon as you point out what’s happening in the PRESENT, you’re accused of writing off the whole season. Just because they’ve been excellent all season, it doesn’t mean we can’t point out they’re having a bad game.

Two players jumped for that header, only one of them wanted to win it, simple as that. Wilder said as much on Saturday but when this team is getting outfought and outbattled, there’s questions to be asked.

That’s the thing, as soon as you point out what’s happening in the PRESENT, you’re accused of writing off the whole season. Just because they’ve been excellent all season, it doesn’t mean we can’t point out they’re having a bad game.

Two players jumped for that header, only one of them wanted to win it, simple as that. Wilder said as much on Saturday but when this team is getting outfought and outbattled, there’s questions to be asked.
I don’t think they are tonight.

Anywhere but on here .
You are spot on.

No penetration, we need players who can go past the oppo and bring defenders out.

I don’t think they are tonight.

We’re losing the midfield, partly because Norwood is on a booking and he knows one more sees him sent off. We look better going forward than against Leicester but we are being more than matched with the nitty gritty stuff.

We’re losing the midfield, partly because Norwood is on a booking and he knows one more sees him sent off. We look better going forward than against Leicester but we are being more than matched with the nitty gritty stuff.
They are better than us unfortunately. They are pressing us really well and at the moment we don’t have an answer. Just don’t think it’s a lack of commitment and we are not on the beach.

Sadly today we seem to be lacking one or two willing to take the game by the scruff. Basham aside I don’t think I’ve seen a player break a sweat to get into the box or break between the lines.

Back
Top Bottom