Match Thread Sheffield United v. Burnley - 2nd November 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BUR
BUR
BUR
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1572342370622.png v. 1572342379991.png

EPL Week 11 - Saturday 2nd November 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-burnley.475/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Assistant Referee: Mark Scholes
Fourth Official: Stephen Martin
Video Assistant Referee: Graham Scott
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Darren Cann

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-31 at 17.42.19.png

Last edited:

Will be a very very hard fought game.

Just off on a tangent but Burnely's badge really grates with me. It's as though they designed a perfectly acceptable coat of arms and then at the last minute decided they needed to pay homage to Minecraft with that daft 1980's computer graphic blocky chevron. For that reason alone I hope we fucking hammer them.

Loved listening to Dyche's views on diving over the weekend, be interesting to see how he'll react when a Burnley player gets called out for it though.

Loved listening to Dyche's views on diving over the weekend, be interesting to see how he'll react when a Burnley player gets called out for it though.
My missus had a bad throat the other week and was croaking like a good 'un. My 6 year old cracked me up when he said Mummy you sound like Burnley's manager 😆 😆 😆

I will be out of town visiting with the in-laws during this one. No worries though, I intend to complain of stomach pains and go to the bathroom for an extended period of time.:cool:

UTB

This should be the fairest game played in the most sportsmanlike fashion since the South Stand was The New South Stand, it'll be interesting to see if Dyche actually hates shithousing if his own players are doing it.

Just off on a tangent but Burnely's badge really grates with me. It's as though they designed a perfectly acceptable coat of arms and then at the last minute decided they needed to pay homage to Minecraft with that daft 1980's computer graphic blocky chevron. For that reason alone I hope we fucking hammer them.
Was just gonna post something very similar!

We will be playing our best 11 on current form Saturday
Henderson
Baldock bash Egan joc stevens
Lunny Norwood fleck
Mcgoldrick and the moose

Expect a steady start with few.chances for both side..... Then if utd concede we will open up In the 2nd half bring shape and going 3 up front

If we are lucky enough to get a lead at 1/2time mcburine will be brought on and bringing a extra midfielder on to bolster the midfield with Burnley attacking us towards the end

And utd hanging onto a 1-0 score line and move just a point outside the top 6

Not claiming to be In the know or anything loool

We're the only team in the Premier League this season that haven't had two consecutive results the same.

Based on this we'll either win or lose.

McGoldrick playing off either Robinson/Mcburnie is how I see it with Mousset and Sharp off the bench again.

To be won in midfield I think, wing backs could run riot this weekend looking at Burnley's back line

Looking at Burnley’s results to date, they have picked up nothing whatsoever against the ‘stronger’ teams (defeats to Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester) but they have incredibly efficiently taken a full toll of the strugglers/middling teams with home wins against Southampton, Everton and Norwich and away draws at Villa, Wolves and Brighton.

A good indication, I suppose, of why they seem to have established themselves in the top flight and are rarely near the relegation picture.

This is likely to be one of a handful of games this season where we have more possession than the opposition. Will be interesting to see how creative we are able to be with this being the case.

Have the tickets gone on general sale or have Burnley sold out and loyalty points still needed .? A friend interested in going.

Most worrying game so far for me.

Could win, could draw, could concede 4.

They are more than capable of scything through your defence if you're not fully alert.

Nailed on defeat this ... though I always fear the worst.
Anyway I have 2 spare tickets for the game .
i don’t want anything for them but would like to give then to someone who maybe doesn't get the chance to go normally.
No loyalty points or membership required ;)
I'm staying at the Copthorne so can hand over b4 the game.

This is likely to be one of a handful of games this season where we have more possession than the opposition. Will be interesting to see how creative we are able to be with this being the case.

Oddly it's these games that worry more. When we're backs against the wall I'm fairly confident in our ability to keep teams out. When we're afforded possession & territory we look more vulnerable at the back & it's taking too much to find goals.

Seems strange to say, but I'm actually more hopeful of getting something against Manchester Utd at home in a couple of weeks than Burnley.

Nailed on last match on motd

Unless we tank them 5 0. I think MOTD are warming to us definitely only team last week to get a montage before the highlights (first shown after the Arsenal game last Monday). Either that or as it was so expensive to produce (they used a clip of the original John Denver song - royalties and all that) they had to get their moneys worth and use it twice.

I see this as one of the most difficult oppositions we will face this season. We have shown this season that we can mix with the big boys, but we have stumbled before at home to a team outside of the top 6 in the form of S'oton

Burnley will fight tooth and nail for a result here, they have a great manager in Dyche and they also have an enviable attack in Barnes, McNeil & Rodriguez.

It seems like this season we like playing on the back foot, tactically outsmarting attacking teams, out-fighting our opposition and carving out chances under the cosh. When it has come to being more open and being able to express ourselves, it seems like we have struggled to put away our chances.

For this reason, I would love us to start in the old 5-2-1-2 of last season, with top-scorer Mousset partnered with Didzy. Luke Freeman to get the nod in the CAM position. OR Mousset/McB with Didzy at CAM.

Maybe the toughest test so far.

Crowd will - in the majority of cases - expect three points. That hasn't happened often so far - only really Southampton where this has been the case though you might make a case for Palace and Watford too. However, one of our major strengths in other games has been our hard work and determination which, against some sides (ahem, Arsenal) works to our advantage big time. In this game, not so much as Burnley will match us in this department so it comes down to tactical nous and quality. And whilst Burnley are no Arsenal/Liverpool and Dyche is no Klopp, they are established in the Premier League for a reason. One of their key weapons is the direct ball and the set play - probably the current PL's closest to Bassett's United of the early 1990s - and we will have to be on our toes at the back. So far, the back three have been solid as a rock but they will be severely tested by Burnley this Saturday, no doubt. You can also bet that Dyche won't underestimate us at all and will have a plan to deal with our tactics; whether it works is another matter but he will have a plan.

Factor all that in and I expect it to be a tight game - the kind often won via a set piece (Burnley's strength) or a mistake. If I was betting on it, I'd go for a draw. Hoping for a win obviously but it's the sort of game where you can't throw the toys out of the pram if we draw or lose narrowly. In a lot of ways, this is as difficult, maybe more so, than Arsenal and Manchester United at home.

Head: United 1-1 Burnley (Barnes puts them in front, Sharp equalises)

Optimist: United 2-0 Burnley (early goal from McGoldrick settles it all down and Sharp adds the second late on)

Up the Blades.

I'd take a draw here because we have a pretty simple 3 points in the next home game.

Back
Top Bottom