Sheffield United v. Brentford - 05/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Spent most of the game on the side of the M1 with a blow out, never got there.
Settle for missing it and winning mind!
Oh and pigs losing to dodgy pen too obviously!
:p:p:p

Proper football match in store. Brentford have a good manager and are a sophisticated, quality team on the cusp of a big challenge for promotion. As for us, we are quite a sophisticated, quality team that's not afraid to express itself and do the hard and dirty bits when needed. We may be a little vulnerable at the back to pace and runners from midfield for a while and our keeper is an unknown at this level and only settling in. We may start a bit cautious and grow into the game. A number of our players have a bit to prove at this level but we have come up strong and united and have a lot of strength in the group.

Fascinating to see how Blackman does. Also Stearman, hope he is mobile and a leader at the back. Must defend set pieces better. How will Sharp and Clarke equip themselves at this level? Clarke will put a big shift in and probably drop a bit deeper. Will Coutts and Fleck find the space they are used to or even more at times? Will it be Duffy or Carruthers or could it possibly be Lundstram if Wilder thinks Brentford and that Joti ( is that his name) are that dangerous? Will Brooks get a run off the bench? Can Freeman possibly be as effective at this level?

One thing's for sure, there will be a great atmosphere and our home crowd has an opportunity to establish itself as 100% clappers, giving the team wholehearted support through thick and thin and today might be a real test and a reality check.

If we do win and win convincingly then the sky's the limit !! Great to be back but we are only passing through on our way to the Prem:D:D

Rather an insightful post before the game;). Everything went well for those mentioned especially the home crowd, Clarke, Blackman and Freeman IMO. Lundtram did get on to help shore things up, Stearman not bad. Coutts and Fleck didn,t have it all their own way but did well in patches and were good value.. Carruthers gave his all despite starting poorly. Sharp got his goal but was not great otherwise, had a big knock though.

All in all a great day for all associated with United and what a game for starting off the season.

yep, certainly first half, its ryan woods the lad they picked up from shrewsbury i think

You are correct. He played right back one Tuesday evening ( I think) for Shrewsbury at the Lane and had an outstanding game from memory.

It was quite obvious that night he had a good future.

UTB

Well I just rewatched the game on the tele, and I think overall we shaded it. They had less of the game than I thought watching it live at bramall lane. They had spells towards the end of the game, but really nothing too great. We had chances to make it 2.0 which would have put the game to bed. Having rewatched it I'm even happier with our performance. If we could just bring in a couple of quality players in I think we will be more than ok!

Well I just rewatched the game on the tele, and I think overall we shaded it. They had less of the game than I thought watching it live at bramall lane. They had spells towards the end of the game, but really nothing too great. We had chances to make it 2.0 which would have put the game to bed. Having rewatched it I'm even happier with our performance. If we could just bring in a couple of quality players in I think we will be more than ok!

How've you watched it back on TV?

yes through the computer. Having rewatched it without the pressure of the live game, we were the better side over 90 mins, they were pretty toothless, we wanted it more.

Back
Top Bottom