Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 21st Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1571325740844.png v. 1571325747312.png

EPL Week 9 - Monday 21st October 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.473/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 16.24.37.png

Last edited:

The last time we played Arsenal at Bramall Lane, Billy Sharp started for the Blades.

Same again on Monday hopefully.

Manager picks the team. No matter who he picks we will have a strong bench and the second half will be critical.

Game of 90/94/ 96 minutes. Must not allow our defenders to get turned around, need concentration and patience on and off the field.

Arsenal's manager looks confused and uncertain to me. Their players don't seem to have a system and play like individuals. Poor defensive unit and a few show ponies in midfield and up front.

What a game for T.V. Result could go any way. I'll be disappointed if our team ethic and realism don't win the day.

If Mcgoldrick is fit I would expect him to start with McBurnie.

if Mcgoldrick isn’t fit then it will probably be Robinson and McBurnie.

With the midfield flat three which we aren’t going to change from anytime soon Wilder clearly feels he needs one of the forwards to have the ability to drop deeper and link the play. Mcgoldrick is clearly the best we have got for that role, without him then CW clearly feels the only other option is Robinson, I have to say I have my doubts about him in that role.

With the midfield flat three which we aren’t going to change from anytime soon Wilder clearly feels he needs one of the forwards to have the ability to drop deeper and link the play. Mcgoldrick is clearly the best we have got for that role, without him then CW clearly feels the only other option is Robinson, I have to say I have my doubts about him in that role.

I hope you're right and I hope I'm in the vicinity of Ricky when Robinson is announced.

L.Freeman would do well there.

L.Freeman would do well there.

its not a bad shout, I think he would suit the role better than Robinson, however there is always the thought that Freeman being a natural midfielder he may drop too deep too often leaving the man up top too isolated

I'd like to see Sharp and Mousset up top with mcgoldrick behind, a combination that must have a goal in it surely??

Very brave v Arsenal. Maybe last 30 minutes. Looking forward to seeing McBurnie take them on though.

McBurnie and Mousset for me. Height to bully the comedy act they have at CB and pace to get in behind on the counter.

ideally would be didsy and Billy up top but dont think Didsy will start due to injury ,

If not Billy and Burnie for me -
whatever Billy to start please , As said above there CB's are not very good and Billy can not only score but can bully defenders with the best of them along with his movement which is essential in a flat midfield 3 and no number 10 or Didsy linking up

another bloody 3 days to wait ! monday Night football shouldnt be allowed after a Int break !

Another tough game against a well established top end PL side.

But I have stopped shitting myself when we play such sides having done so well against Chelsea, Liverpool and Leicester.
We may lose, but we will give a good account of ourselves and I wouldn’t be too surprised if we bagged all three points

If Mousset is not 'ready' to start this one then we have to start to ask what the fucking hell the problem is....

I don't want to see us play for our 60 minute 0-0 while offering no goal threat.

Go for it from the start and rattle them. Arsenal are Arsenal, they're always beatable.

If Mousset is not 'ready' to start this one then we have to start to ask what the fucking hell the problem is....

I don't want to see us play for our 60 minute 0-0 while offering no goal threat.

Go for it from the start and rattle them. Arsenal are Arsenal, they're always beatable.
I agree Ricky. Get at them from the start, play our attacking game playing to our strengths and let’s see what they are made of

Hendo

Basham - Egan - JOC

Baldock - Norwood - Lundstram - Fleck - Stevens

Freeman

Mousett

I'd go with that, but I'd like to see Sharp start his first prem game too.

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
Baldock Norwood Fleck Stevens
Freeman
McBurnie Mousset​

I would sacrifice Lundstram for this game, have Norwood and Fleck sitting in together a little bit and leave Freeman just in front of them. Midfield balance will be critical against Arsenal. They like to have space to play in front of that 18 yard box and try to pick out spaces, don’t let them.

Ironically I don’t think they’re that great at defending the same space in front of their own box so Freeman’s runs could cause them problems. I would give Mousset and McBurnie a run together but ffs leave McBurnie up so that he has a chance of affecting the game in the opposition’s box. He’s having to do too much defending.

Hopefully Kieran Tierney will be making his full debut for Arsenal.
Followed his career from the days in the Celtic Boys squads.
Reckon he'll be one of the players that in time will become a footballing legend.

Henderson
Basham Egan O'Connell
Baldock Lundstram Norwood Fleck Stevens
Freeman
Mousset

That would give us a great chance. Those 2 up top can't be any worse.

Sharp, Robinson, McBurnie and McGoldrick if fit would give us good sub options.

Henderson
Basham Egan O’Connell
Baldock Norwood Fleck Stevens
Freeman
McBurnie Mousset​

I would sacrifice Lundstram for this game, have Norwood and Fleck sitting in together a little bit and leave Freeman just in front of them. Midfield balance will be critical against Arsenal. They like to have space to play in front of that 18 yard box and try to pick out spaces, don’t let them.

Ironically I don’t think they’re that great at defending the same space in front of their own box so Freeman’s runs could cause them problems. I would give Mousset and McBurnie a run together but ffs leave McBurnie up so that he has a chance of affecting the game in the opposition’s box. He’s having to do too much defending.

I actually really like the look of that team. It is hard to criticise CWAK's tactics & I totally understand we cannot go gung-ho in the same way we did in the Championship, but I feel we are playing too safe & giving teams too much respect. Lets go out & impose ourselves & our game & show what we can really do.

I actually really like the look of that team. It is hard to criticise CWAK's tactics & I totally understand we cannot go gung-ho in the same way we did in the Championship, but I feel we are playing too safe & giving teams too much respect. Lets go out & impose ourselves & our game & show what we can really do.

I completely agree with you Speedy. I’m a bit sick of seeing McBurnie in our box. He does a fine defensive job there and has a good attitude but I want to see him giving us an out ball at the other end and causing problems.

I think we’ve treaded carefully so far to find our feet but we have shown we’re good enough. I would play the compact defensive lines like we have in the last two games but leave two up top. We’re not creating enough at the other end and it needs to change. Teams that don’t score enough goals always go one way in the end.

Back
Top Bottom