Sheffield United - Premier League Fixtures 2019/20

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

also updating my calendar. ive noticed Fa cup is vital we need to be in round 5 to keep our momentum. as well discussed because if we hypothetically lose to man city liverpool & get dumped out of the cup. huge pressure goes on the west ham game

So 12 years wait to get a PL fixture and we get away to Bournemouth who have an away capacity of about 3 blokes and a dog then I'm on holiday for the Palace game grrrrrrr
I booked a weekend away that falls on the 17th August a few weeks ago. Gutted now to be missing the first home game. Just hope they move it to the Monday night!

How is it right we’re away on first and last day? Presumably because we asked to be away first game and they thought “oh its them bastards who wronged our lovely ‘Ammers the other year”.
second in the championship always plays away first game. been banging on about it for ages

So 12 years wait to get a PL fixture and we get away to Bournemouth who have an away capacity of about 3 blokes and a dog then I'm on holiday for the Palace game grrrrrrr

Can I have your ticket for the Palace game? :p

Excellent fixture list for me, as all the school holidays fall on weekends where we are at home at the start of the holidays, meaning I can fly in on the Friday for the Saturday games.

Now just have to figure out how to break the news to the wife that I could be spending £3-4k on flights home this season haha.

We only have 4 mid week night matches all season, 3 at home and 1 away.

The standard evening kick offs are
Newcastle home
Man City home
Leicester away
Everton home (this is our last home game of the season and showing as playable Wednesday night instead of the normal Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

However I suspect some Saturday fixture may be changed to evening kickoffs.
Think you need to take another look! Leicester away is Saturday 2nd May and Everton at home is Saturday 9th May. Unless you know something about the Sky selection we don't :)

Two midweek rounds - both at home.

Not sure if already posted, and I don’t want to make a new thread on it, but Ben Mayhew from Experimental 361 has a handy look at the relative difficulty of the season’s fixtures.

B9F51A41-6710-4917-A6FE-37FC82201AF9.jpeg

I booked a weekend away that falls on the 17th August a few weeks ago. Gutted now to be missing the first home game. Just hope they move it to the Monday night!

Why the fuck do people book their holidays in the football season then moan about it and say they are gutted

If you go dress
If you go dressed as a dog you might get in. Have a piss on the goal post for extra realism.

Think you need to take another look! Leicester away is Saturday 2nd May and Everton at home is Saturday 9th May. Unless you know something about the Sky selection we don't :)

Two midweek rounds - both at home.

I took the info from Linz photo of the fixture list he posted on page 2 of this thread.

It says we play Leicester away 6th May 2020, which is a Wednesday
And the week after we play home to Everton on 13th May. Which is also a Wednesday.

Not checked any other fixtures, thought it was weird how we could be playing Wednesdays in May when Saturday seen available.
Can see later fixture lists give the dates 2nd and 9th May, which are Saturdays.

So we only have 2 mid week fixtures next season, both at home Newcastle and Manchester City.

Is there any point in putting any of the fixtures on the calendar yet.? How many are going to get moved by Sky et al?

Is there any point in putting any of the fixtures on the calendar yet.? How many are going to get moved by Sky et al?

Probably more than Wednesday that's for sure!

Because pal, I don't have the luxury of being able to my life on hold until the fixtures come out.

Dont go in the football season or if you do go in the international breaks
If you go in the football season you will more than likely miss a match especially as it was a possibility of United requesting an away game for the first game the 17th was more than likely going to be a home game

Everyone saying how pleased they are we've got Palace at home first perhaps isn't aware that over the last 15 games of the season their form was worthy of a Champions League place (better than everyone in the league except for Man City and Liverpool). I appreciate that Batshuayi has gone, but they're not a bad team.

Everyone saying how pleased they are we've got Palace at home first perhaps isn't aware that over the last 15 games of the season their form was worthy of a Champions League place (better than everyone in the league except for Man City and Liverpool). I appreciate that Batshuayi has gone, but they're not a bad team.

If Zaha and Wan-Bissaka go too though they're a different prospect.

I take your point but if they lose Zaha that's a major loss, but granted they'll get some silly money to spend on replacements. The longer Zaha stays at Palace this summer though means that they can't plan as easily until they know for sure that he's going. The player certainly wants out though. And as good as Palace might be, they're one of the teams we will be targetting to beat at home next season.

Dont go in the football season or if you do go in the international breaks

That was the first thing I checked, had holiday booked over two weekends, one being an international break, doubt I'd get tickets for Spurs so it's fine with me

If Zaha and Wan-Bissaka go too though they're a different prospect.

Aye, as with many teams if they lose their best players and don't replace them they'll be weaker. Perhaps Palace rely on a smaller number of key players than some other teams, but that doesn't mean much until the transfers actually happen.

I take your point but if they lose Zaha that's a major loss, but granted they'll get some silly money to spend on replacements. The longer Zaha stays at Palace this summer though means that they can't plan as easily until they know for sure that he's going. The player certainly wants out though. And as good as Palace might be, they're one of the teams we will be targetting to beat at home next season.

Yeah, I agree that if we want to stay up we need to be trying to beat midtable sides at home. Just pointing out that it won't be quite as easy as some people seem to think!

28th Dec to end of Jan looks like a horrible run of fixtures. Man City twice, and four away games. Otherwise it's broken up as well as it could be.
Unless we get Man City in the 3rd round of the cup then it’s 3 times

Back
Top Bottom