Pre-Season 17/18 Sheffield United Pre-Season Friendly Fixtures - 2017/2018

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"United's senior domestic pre-season programme can be confirmed.

Earlier this week, Stoke City were announced as the opposition for United's only home fixture of the campaign, with the Potters visiting Bramall Lane on Tuesday 25th July, kick-off 7.45pm.

Preparations will begin, as they did last summer, with a fixture against Stocksbridge Park Steels at the Look Local Stadium on Saturday 8th July, prior to the players heading abroad for a week where they are expected to play one fixture, which will be confirmed in due course.

Upon returning to the country, United will face Chesterfield at the Proact Stadium on Tuesday 18th July and Rotherham United at the New York Stadium on Friday 21st July.

The final game before United begin life in the Championship, will be against National League outfit Eastleigh FC at Ten Acres on Friday 28th July.

Ticket details for all the aforementioned fixtures will follow, as will details of all development squad friendlies."

8th July - Stocksbridge Park Steels (A)
Following week - friendly abroad TBA (A)
18th July - Chesterfield (A)
21st July - Rotherham United (A)
25th July - Stoke City (H)
28th July - Eastleigh FC (A)

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/may/friendlies/

Last edited:

I'd like us to include the club in these preparations. I'd rather we play them than Stocksbridge tbh.

I'd like us to include the club in these preparations. I'd rather we play them than Stocksbridge tbh.

We use Stocksbridge's ground regularly, so it's part of the deal I would imagine.

We've sent an U21 side to Sheffield FC a few times in recent years haven't we?

Is the Spain base [CONFIRMED] as Marbella? My parents have just bought a place about 30 minutes from where they went last year so was hoping it was the same camp

"United's senior domestic pre-season programme can be confirmed.

The final game before United begin life in the Championship, will be against National League outfit Eastleigh FC at Ten Acres on Friday 28th July.

8th July - Stocksbridge Park Steels (A)
Following week - friendly abroad TBA (A)
18th July - Chesterfield (A)
21st July - Rotherham United (A)
25th July - Stoke City (H)
28th July - Eastleigh FC (A)

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/may/friendlies/

Yesss...Get in! Eastleigh just up the road from me :p :D

Is the Spain base [CONFIRMED] as Marbella? My parents have just bought a place about 30 minutes from where they went last year so was hoping it was the same camp

Not yet ;)

Thought you'd be staying at Kevs gaff? :D

Normally, I'd be all for something more exciting and another good tour...

This year, I'm more than happy :D

Chris Wilder - Avoiding play offs and exciting pre-season's at the perfect time... What a legend.

Well up for Marbs for 48 hours or so. Flights are cheap as owt.

Another year, another underwhelming pre-season programme.

Its slightly disappointing when your marque friendly is chuffing Stoke City! Still, friendlies against bigger foreign opposition usually just turn out to be training exercises, although I know that most friendlies are like that anyway!

"Friendly abroad - Spain"

Fucking hell we've hit the jackpot with this one. Now we'll see how good we really are.

Here's the traditional Sheffield United Pre-Season friendlies thread for the season 2017/2018.

As usual more pre-season fixtures and information will appear here as we're allowed/able to confirm! Keep checking back for edits. :)

July 2017

Saturday 8th July - 15:00 - Stocksbridge Park Steels v. Sheffield United - First Team

Friendly abroad - Spain

Saturday 15th July - 15:00 - Scarborough Athletic v. Sheffield United - XI

Adults £10
Concessions (U16 and Over 65) £5
Blades allocation TBC

Tuesday 18th July - 19:45 - Chesterfield v. Sheffield United - First Team

Friday 21st July - 19:45 - Rotherham United v. Sheffield United - First Team

Tuesday 25th July - 19:45 - Sheffield United v. Stoke City - Bramall Lane - First Team

Friday 28th July - 19:45 - Eastleigh v. Sheffield United - First Team

More shortly when I'm allowed to mention :)
hi new to this so bare with me Eastleigh away pre season 1st team?

I work next door to Eastleigh's ground. No doubt the missus will have to work that night and I'm on babysitting duties instead :eek:

Back
Top Bottom