'Sheffield United fans offered more of a threat [to Liverpool] than their strikers'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49873603

Garth Crooks is right to praise Liverpool's central defenders though:

'Van Dijk: Well, he might not have won the Fifa Player of the Year award but he is definitely on top of my list. The Dutch international was back doing what he does best and that is keeping matters calm at the back for Liverpool.

To be perfectly honest I thought the Sheffield United fans offered more of a threat than their strikers. United just cannot afford to miss chances when they come along but this was a day when Liverpool's strikeforce also struggled in front of goal and Van Dijk - with his fellow defenders - bailed them out.

Did you know? Liverpool are unbeaten in the last 24 Premier League games that Van Dijk has featured in, and have won the last 16 of those in a row.

Matip: The improvement in Matip's performances since the arrival of Van Dijk at Liverpool has been amazing. I have said before that Matip has been prepared to do a lot of the heavy lifting in Liverpool's defence - a role that can be physically demanding at times but one that is immensely rewarding too.

Against Sheffield United, it was his ball distribution that impressed me. Making passes into strikers from deep positions can be a risky affair and takes courage. Matip seems to be fearless at the moment. Bad news for Joe Gomez.

Did you know? Matip has the best aerial duel success of any player in the Premier League this season (minimum 10 aerial duels), winning 88% of those in 2019-20 so far.'

The way Liverpool play means their centre halves are often exposed. They need to be bloody good.

You can see their record pre and post VVD’s arrival. Tells you everything.

Surely then, the other 2 defenders in his 442 must be Blades, as we held off their strikers, all 3, for the majority of the game, and their strikers are worth how much, each one cost more than our squad didn't they??

Against Sheffield United, it was his ball distribution that impressed me. Making passes into strikers from deep positions can be a risky affair and takes courage. Matip seems to be fearless at the moment. Bad news for Joe Gomez.

Isn’t that just basic hoof ball?

I thought Matip was dodgy defensively but Jenas pointed out on MoTD that he was good with the ball and the passes from front to back (along the floor) into feet were impressive. The strikers just did nothing with them.

If we keep a clean sheet then 2 of our defenders should be in that team of the week, 1 error that they could do nothing about and they are overlooked.

If Leon had put that chance away from Fleck, he'd have been in the team of the week.

If Deani hadn't made the howler, Egan would have been in. Or Hendo.

He's so predictable.

If Leon had put that chance away from Fleck, he'd have been in the team of the week.

He was offside

The general point is correct thou. We aren't putting the chances away at home.

If only we have a striker due to come back from suspension who is a proven goal scorer......... :)

He doesn’t like Blades. There must be a reason behind it.

He slagged us off when we were playing Chelsea as being 'basic'. We then score two goals to draw the game which made him look awkward.

Essentially we exposed his lazy punditry and he hates us for that, and is praying that we go down.

Best not get upset with Garth.

These little digs will come regularly. He's the same with many supposed lesser sides at this level.

Imho he's come across as both pompous and not the brightest for years.

Surprised he still gets the high profile BBC exposure he does tbh.

Every time I see Garth Crooks giving his 'expert' opinion he just reminds me of a spacehopper with a waistcoat on and with that image in mind I defy anybody to take him seriously.

Garth Crookes is a total shitwasp.

Rather than do as several other pundits have done and admit that "Hey - I didn't know much about the Blades and their style of play, so my early opinions weren't based on much and now having seen them play I can see they're much more than another basic, Championship long-ball side. They've an interesting style, and do have some of those Championship hallmarks of never giving up and working hard, but married to a novel approach that is bearing some fruit as shown by the results" - something which would actually earn him some respect - he's sticking to his original ill-informed bollocks-spouting and making himself look ever more the clueless fuckwit.

He and his fat, oversized, no-neck, malformed-melon head need to fuck off and keep quiet. He's been moderately shit and clueless for years - it's just only now we're under his "expert" scrutiny that we're starting to notice just how little he actually knows. It's not even like he was that good a player.

He slagged us off when we were playing Chelsea as being 'basic'. We then score two goals to draw the game which made him look awkward.

Essentially we exposed his lazy punditry and he hates us for that, and is praying that we go down.

I'm astounded by the detail of your sources FM, For someone who's most definitely not in the know how do you know this?

He and his fat, oversized, no-neck, malformed-melon head need to fuck off and keep quiet. He's been moderately shit and clueless for years - it's just only now we're under his "expert" scrutiny that we're starting to notice just how little he actually knows. It's not even like he was that good a player
Plus he was born in Stoke-on-Trent😂

To a professional footballer, being in Garth Crooks' Team of the Week (#GCTOTW) is akin to being in my weekly top 10 best most forward thinking Gobal Scientists on the Planet to any astrophysicist. Means absolutely nowt.

Walking into the site office this morning to bump into the Scouse manager and open with:

" Time wasting at Bramall Lane and getting booked for it, how embarrassing?"

Never ever thought that would be sumat I'd say after playing Liverpool, for that I can only say to Chris and the team:

Thank you

So proud.

There’s plenty of pundits that steal a living.......just open their gobs & let the wind blow their tongues about. But Crooks seems to relish trying to belittle the “lesser clubs”. Boils my piss till my cock whistles the odious fat prick.

Back
Top Bottom