Sheffield Star

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

haha the best thing that the Star has done is change their policy for internet readers. Out of habit I used to find myself clicking on the star and fighting with all the adds in the hope of reading something just a tad different about the Blades. It never failed to not disappoint :p

Subscribe my arse ..... that paper is now gone from my life!

likewise! I occasionally looked at it when it was free to do so, but it was difficult to do that because of all the annoying ads and the quality of the journalism, particularly the editorial checks, was poor.

So now they’ve told me I can’t, unless I pay, I more than gladly won’t. They converted me from a casual reader to a totally disinterested one.

Not only is Lundstram, in any sane universe, level with the last man but he was also checking back to ensure he didn't go offside. Last time I read the rule, the rules was designed to stop teams gaining an unfair advantage. Anybody with one atom of a footballing brain could see that Lundstram was definitely not seeking to gain unfair advantage.

Looking at the stats, a draw was probably fair but we looked more attractive than them in the way we played. (I actually saw on MOTD that our xg was lower than their’s). It’s the massive injustice of the disallowed goal that makes it feel like we were cheated. (It hasn’t stopped me shithousing my Spurs mates though).
Personally, I don’t give a toss about XG or any other “stat” that gets flushed into the tv discussions. It’s a living, breathing thing that gets us all fired up not some spreadsheet exercise. Of course coaches will use analytics but things like passes completed are bollocks. I could stand in the middle pushing 3 yard nudges a la Henderson and become a worldy or hit a killer pass in 3 that wins the game but seem so so.?I prefer to use my eyes - fact is we were all over them and that’s all that matters (apart from the score)
UTB

No Bush don't think I am watch him play for Spurs, he just drifts out of games but he's the "golden child" and can do no wrong and yes our defence is superb.

I think anyone who has scored 100+ Premier League goals and won a World Cup Golden Boot by the age of 24 deserves the title of "golden child".

So glad I run Ad block on my PC so even if I click the link the site would throw a wobbly and ask me to subscribe, more chance of the Queen giving me a hand job than me paying to read that load of
A7VnpnHCQAEKXs7.jpg:large

I think anyone who has scored 100+ Premier League goals and won a World Cup Golden Boot by the age of 24 deserves the title of "golden child".
Oh yes 3 pens and 1 off his arse fuck me he's soo talented, and if you want an example of golden child look no further than CL final when he replaced hat trick hero and he wasn't even fit, didn't know he was on fucking pitch.

Oh yes 3 pens and 1 off his arse fuck me he's soo talented, and if you want an example of golden child look no further than CL final when he replaced hat trick hero and he wasn't even fit, didn't know he was on fucking pitch.
Are you saying he isn't?

As for the champions league final....that would be the one spurs dominated right?

Yeah, you're right, he's shit.

🙄
Nuddy good players have effects on game was he on pitch Saturday he is the golden child as I say and can do no wrong, I'm not saying he's wank but if he's worth 250m mate I'm the next Pope.

Nuddy good players have effects on game was he on pitch Saturday he is the golden child as I say and can do no wrong, I'm not saying he's wank but if he's worth 250m mate I'm the next Pope.
He's the most complete centre forward.
Strong, pacey, scored with head, left, right, 2 yarders, 30 yarders.

Nearest thing we've had to Shearer.

I find your opinion rather bizarre I must say.
If you don't like someone scooter nice words won't alter that fact and I cannot stand Kane, sorry fact of life can't like everyone. This is why this is a discussion board if we all agreed we'd all be sheep mate, people like players others don't Monty being a great point in question.

Oh boy don't be so certain I'd sooner have Abraham he has a work rate and puts hissen about.

Personally, I prefer strikers to put the ball in the back of the net.

And Harry Kane is in the top 5 in world football at doing that.

That's why his transfer value is estimated at £125m+.

Oh boy don't be so certain I'd sooner have Abraham he has a work rate and puts hissen about.
You’d rather have a striker who’s scored 10 premier league goals as opposed to a 2 time golden boot winner?

Personally, I prefer strikers to put the ball in the back of the net.

And Harry Kane is in the top 5 in world football at doing that.

That's why his transfer value is estimated at £125m+.
Oh yes he destroyed us Saturday, totally unplayable

You’d rather have a striker who’s scored 10 premier league goals as opposed to a 2 time golden boot winner?
2 time golden child yes anyone else want to chime in because I don't like Harry Kane FFS.

Just out of interest....
What's the Sheffield Stars circulation nowadays?
Must be in the low 1000s now.

Harry Kane
2014-15 - Age 21 51 games 31 goals
2015-16 - Age 22 50 games 28 goals
2016-17 - Age 23 38 games 35 goals!!!!!!
2017-18 - Age 24 48 games 41 goals!!!!
2018-19 - Age 25 40 games 24 goals

That's a phenomenal record and amongst that is numerous goals against your Bayerns, Dortmunds, Reals and Barcelonas.

Quite how anyone can say he's crap is beyond me.

How can you argue with hard facts?
I can argue with what and who I like, I just wish folk could accept I don't like him. I hate Shearer as a person as has the personality of a chip but could never doubt his scoring ability he had no equal. The only thing I thought strange was he rejected Man Utd for Newcastle, where he was guaranteed to win nowt.

Oh yes he destroyed us Saturday, totally unplayable

His performance against us is irrelevant.

He's scored 131 goals in 188 league appearances for Tottenham.

And he's still only 26.

If you can't see how incredible that is then there's no talking to you.

Back
Top Bottom