Player Suggestion Serhou Guirassy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Early suggestion for the summer, and also think there's a good possibility we'll be interested.

24 year old Amiens centre forward.

Has had links with Leicester, Roma and more recently Brighton, Villa and West Ham.

He's 6'2, strong, quick and a real handful for defenders physically. He's good with his back to goal, largely thanks to his good first touch. He has quick feet and the trickery to beat defenders, and his athleticism, work rate and ball retention abilities make him a good outlet in the channels.

He's flexible enough to play with any of our current strikers. Has the pace to play in place of Mousset. Has the link up ability to do part of McGoldrick's role.

Wouldn't say he's a natural goalscorer, but he currently has 8 in 21 for a struggling team and I could see him building on that elsewhere. His career's been a bit patchy so far, and he's a young 24 in terms of games started at the top level (around 50) so there's potentially a lot of development left in him.

Certain to leave Amiens in the summer, probably for under £10m although much depends on his and their end to the season.

He had the chance to move to the PL in January but decided to stay, keep playing games and help them stay up - which is a tick in the character box for me.

This wouldn't be the huge striker signing some expect but we could spend much more on much worse. We don't necessarily need to spend a fortune and this could be fantastic value.

I think it would be a perfect signing in terms of profile, type, cost and supplementing our existing forwards.

Hope we're watching him closely.

• Banned
And he's just scored twice in a 4-4 draw against PSG!

Can't comment on him really as I haven't seen him play but the attributes you highlight sound good. A low cost investment relatively allowing funds to be used elsewhere.

All depends on who signs their new contracts and if anyone wants out (personally I can't see why anyone would want out but you never know) as to what we will be looking for in the summer.
But I'm thinking as the defence is sorted completely now (assuming Retsos signs) then we will be looking for 2 players that walk straight into the 1sr team. A creative midfielder and a goal machine!... Possibly a keeper too of course depending on the Hendo situation.
Don't think Guirassy will be the striker we go for.

• Banned
Now linked with Spurs with £18m being mentioned!

Also linked with Celtic, Leicester and Villa too so it's quite a range of clubs there.

If we went for him I think we'd have an excellent chance of getting him. We're the best fit. He'd be a sub at Leicester and Spurs, Celtic play in the SPL and Villa are a joke.

Ricky has Chouiar of Dijon come on your radar yet. Only seen him a bit but looks tidy. Also got PB&F attributes.

Ricky has Chouiar of Dijon come on your radar yet. Only seen him a bit but looks tidy. Also got PB&F attributes.

Yes, he's a very highly rated young player. Lot of clubs watching him I think. We were apparently scouting a game he played in a while ago, so it's possible he was one of the players we were looking at. Seems likely to move to a CL level club but maybe there's a chance he'll look for a stepping stone for regular playing time instead, in which case we could have a chance.

Heard the kid is mustard.
See the source image

Chouiar of Dijon

Scandalous.

He's an easy buy for someone now. The clubs are losing out on £12m each on average (for starters). Add their relegation and I don't see it taking over £15m.

Clubs a level up from us seem to be keen though. And I have no idea what sort of budget we'll be looking at now, whenever the transfer window is.

Scandalous.

He's an easy buy for someone now. The clubs are losing out on £12m each on average (for starters). Add their relegation and I don't see it taking over £15m.

Clubs a level up from us seem to be keen though. And I have no idea what sort of budget we'll be looking at now, whenever the transfer window is.
It's a disgrace what they've done to Amiens...even Lyon are screwed and will likely loose their best players.

On the flip side, Yoane Wissa will be cheap when he gets IPO'd and he's well worth a spin.

There might be a realistic chance for us. If Rennes can get him, then we should be able to.

The early ending of their season robbed him of the chance to build on his form and score the goals to maybe cement the interest from the big PL clubs.

But he might just want to stay in France for now.

Sounds alright this, we've needed a good partner for Sharp for about 3 years.

Whoever we identify as the attacking player we need, I just hope that Moose shows signs of the form we know he's capable of. That would lift our attacking potential to levels we're desperately in need of.

Since I started this thread Mousset seems to have shown the sort of discipline and determination we want from him - if his physical condition is anything to go by. He must have worked hard during lockdown and I can't wait to see him play again.

If he's anything near his best then we aren't going to get a better striker, and the need for someone of Guirassy's calibre is less.

It would be good to have someone comparable to seriously push him (Zivkovic?), but if he can finish this season well it would conveniently reduce the pressure to spend big money on a striker.

Mousset and McGoldrick on top form would be hard for us to improve on, with any budget.

Back
Top Bottom