Sendings off

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cant complain about clarke sending off because it was the right decision i can understand why he did it espically heat of the moment & all that, as ill discipline after he was provoked but you cant (from where I was) grab anyone by throat. i knew a red was coming straight away

I'm struggling to understand how it ruined the match for both teams and supporters?

I thought it was loads better to watch 10 v 10. Much more open game.

In fact I'd be happy to change to laws to start at 10 v 10, with player fitness as it is compared to when the law says we're made, it makes it easier to shut up shop and defend. Much more open matches would be great.

22b61e4c-2154-434b-b7e1-2d1c91f11752.png

Leon's part in the affair, pretty stupid - can see why he got a red.
Perhaps he was just checking his pulse?

I guess I need to see it again. To me it just seemed like a bit of squaring up but neither player really wanting to do anything that would risk a red. The neck thing was a bit weird, he seemed to be holding him and muttering something into his ear.
It wasn't "I love you".

Reactions: ljk
Unfortunately in the modern game it looks like the ref got it right. Back in the 70s/80s it would have been a stern word and a booking in the 90s. Both players shouldn't have given the ref a decision to make. Nowt but stupid handbags

A bit needless. Ruined it for both teams and especially the supporters. Should have left it at a booking each.

Worse foul all day was by Mr "1-0 to Barnsley" Jason McCarthy? The clearest red card you'll ever see. Reckless, ugly, and potential leg breaker, when the ball was going out of play? No wonder Heckingbottom subbed him at half time, cos one more tackle and he was gone. Yet the inconsistent cunt in charge, who's sent 4 off in 6 games before today, totally bottled it! Not forgetting the tackle on the edge of the area, that Duffy kicked into the wall, no card, then sharp gets booked for a nowt challenge, then lol and behold, 2 minutes later, a Barnsley player does the same offence, no booking! The taking out of freeman clean through in the area after a 1-2? These shithouse twats do my cake in.

Daft for me....both idiots.
Waggy finger off the ref when I was a lad....then a Yellow card once upon a time, but now straight reds. Thems the laws, neither can complain.

Clarke may find it harder to get back in like Bash did when he was sent off at Scunny. It's indiscipline, and Wilder insists on discipline.

Three game ban, one of them will be the Cup tie, but more essential than ever we sign a forward, especially in light of Evans display, nowhere near up to starting yet.

Don't think one is the cup tie? Don't suspension start from 7 days after the offence? So he's allowed to play against the administration thieves?

Definitely red cards I M O. I saw Clarke grab the guy by the collar and it looked as though he was about to stick the nut on him but the dingle got in there first and tried to nut Clarke!!. Refs and common sense have never been best mates though so no hope on that front?. Onwards and upwards for the blades though!. Utb ftp

barnsley lad elbowed him for the second time.. leon shoukd have dropped him and walked off

Clarke wasn't a red, MacDonald wasn't a red and it came to nothing. If anything I'd have booked Clarke for inciting it and their lad for reacting.

Let them play for fucks sake, It's football!
looked like mcdonald punched Clarke in the chest, Clarke reacted by grabbing him by throat then mcdonald head butted Clarke ever so gently. Hannah's yellow for both would have been sensible texting

Worse foul all day was by Mr "1-0 to Barnsley" Jason McCarthy? The clearest red card you'll ever see. Reckless, ugly, and potential leg breaker, when the ball was going out of play? No wonder Heckingbottom subbed him at half time, cos one more tackle and he was gone. Yet the inconsistent cunt in charge, who's sent 4 off in 6 games before today, totally bottled it! Not forgetting the tackle on the edge of the area, that Duffy kicked into the wall, no card, then sharp gets booked for a nowt challenge, then lol and behold, 2 minutes later, a Barnsley player does the same offence, no booking! The taking out of freeman clean through in the area after a 1-2? These shithouse twats do my cake in.

At least the ref gave a free kick, it looked to me as though the lino, a full two yards away, didn't give anything.

Mind you , he struggled with offsides all afternoon as well.

For a football fan of my vintage, to see a centre forward wearing 9 and a centre half wearing 5 get sent off for fighting was heartwarming. I felt like a youngster again watching Larry Lloyd and Wyn Davies get stuck into each other in the 1970s.

By the way, I thought the ref had a good game and allowed lots of advantages while not forgetting to go back and yellow card players who had committed fouls. I think he booked Billy because he had already annoyed him by taking the piss out of Barnsley's fans when he scored so then fouling someone straight afterwards meant he deserved a yellow, for being a bad lad twice.

Stupid from Clarke. He's lost his place in the XI now.

How stupid! Two sendings off in the modern game over absolutely nothing. Don't know who started it but even if one of them called the other something derogatory, you'd just walk away wouldn't you and laugh? Don't get this any excuse to fight nonsense, suppose I've been brought up properly.

The Barnsley player had a dig at Leon in the ribs for no reason when the ball was nowhere near them, straightforward violent conduct and a blatant red card offence.
Clarke retaliated by grabbed him by the throat and shoved his head in, definite aggressive behaviour and leaving himself open to a red card.
Barnsley bloke then tried to nut Clarke, a blatant red card offence.

Even if Clarke didn't react the way he did so the butting heads didn't happen the Barnsley player should still have got a red for the first incident.

Clarke wasn't a red, MacDonald wasn't a red and it came to nothing. If anything I'd have booked Clarke for inciting it and their lad for reacting.

Let them play for fucks sake, It's football!
Unfortunately 'violent conduct' results in a straight red so both were rightly dismissed under the letter of the law

Back
Top Bottom