Season Ticket deadline extended

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

12,000, that's a bit meh. Looks like we're not the only ones going to see a dip in attendances next season. Meadowhell's going to be busy on matchdays next season.

12,000, that's a bit meh. Looks like we're not the only ones going to see a dip in attendances next season. Meadowhell's going to be busy on matchdays next season.

Good, those who took up ST's and have fully thrown their toys out of pram because we finished in top 10 in our first season back in Championship on a shoestring, f**k em.

They'd be better off with a Sky Sports Subscription.

I wonder how much the boardroom infighting is putting off people renewing as we don't have a clue if there will be any sort of investment in the team until that is sorted out one way or the other. Will we get investment or will it be back to selling the family silverware to make ends meet ?

You have to wonder if the boardroom tug-of-war has played a role, maybe people are holding off renewing until that situation is resolved?

A couple of my mates have put it down to that. One of them wants to see some actual proper ambition from the board. January was a time to grab the bull by the horns (for one cliche) and really have a go. We didn’t.

He doesn’t think the board/club will capitalize anytime soon so he’s gonna get his handicap down.

Myself? I’ll renew. I had my own tussles with the boardroom/ambition argument and the whole ‘not just for glory’ rhetoric. There has to be a tipping point. Can’t be dry bummed all the time.

Sorted ours out straight away, what's it got to do with the boardroom? Never entered my head, with the prices offered for renewal and the season we have had we should sell the 20k. we are supposed to have, unless of course people cannot afford it for certain reasons, get on with it and back Wilder and knill, it's the least they deserve

Good, those who took up ST's and have fully thrown their toys out of pram because we finished in top 10 in our first season back in Championship on a shoestring, f**k em.

They'd be better off with a Sky Sports Subscription.

Aye, but the twats will still moan about not getting tickets for the sty next season

Renewed ours today and had contrasting experiences. I can do my lad's online and it took 2 minutes max. I have to ring for mine and waited 22 minutes for the 6 callers ahead of me to clear. That presumably means that there was only 1 person taking calls, which might explain why we're having to extend the deadline! To be fair the lady that I spoke with dealt with mine really quickly, I can't imagine why the rest averaged nearly 4 minutes each.

Sorted ours out straight away, what's it got to do with the boardroom? Never entered my head, with the prices offered for renewal and the season we have had we should sell the 20k. we are supposed to have, unless of course people cannot afford it for certain reasons, get on with it and back Wilder and knill, it's the least they deserve

Exactly. If concern about boardroom bollocks was a reason for not buying a season ticket we wouldn't have sold any over the past 40 years. For me a South Stand ST for £252 is as good as it gets. Over a year this works out at a fiver a week and If anyone can tell me where I could get an alternative sporting fix for less than that then I'm all ears.

A couple of my mates have put it down to that. One of them wants to see some actual proper ambition from the board. January was a time to grab the bull by the horns (for one cliche) and really have a go. We didn’t.

He doesn’t think the board/club will capitalize anytime soon so he’s gonna get his handicap down.

Myself? I’ll renew. I had my own tussles with the boardroom/ambition argument and the whole ‘not just for glory’ rhetoric. There has to be a tipping point. Can’t be dry bummed all the time.

I feel the January transfer window will be forever seen as a huge missed opportunity and I imagine it has left a sour taste in a lot of supporters mouths.

Fair play to your mate, season tickets aren't cheap, I wont judge anybody who decides enough is enough.

There is the argument that it is easy to spend other peoples (the boards) money but I do look at our attendance, manager and playing style and just feel like we have momentum. A sprinkling of cash could propel us to the promised land.

For me thats the goal, see the club in the prem as quickly as possible under Wilder and then let the club run itself with the silly TV money.

Unlike your mate, im shit at golf, so I fall into the “get dragged round meadowhell with the missus” category. Safe to say I have renewed my ST.

Re-newed mine this week. Bit of a change. After going on the kop for the past 54 years I decided to move to the South Stand.

Quickly spoke to TC in the car park. I used to worship him stood on the kop in the 1970's and then I thought that there was the guy that had to be sold 42 years ago this summer in order for that South Stand to be paid for.

I should be doubly grateful.

12,000 around deadline day is disappointing. We supposedly finished with around 20k after the Xmas half season ticket sales

Are some supporters bored with CW's brand of football already, disillusioned with the infighting at the top and the likelyhood CW get's another bargain bucket transfer kitty or what?

12,000 around deadline day is disappointing. We supposedly finished with around 20k after the Xmas half season ticket sales

Are some supporters bored with CW's brand of football already, disillusioned with the infighting at the top and the likelyhood CW get's another bargain bucket transfer kitty or what?

What was it this time last year?

I haven’t renewed mine yet, as I always leave it until the deadline. My son, and all his mates do the same.
I can imagine they will still shift several thousand from this point.

This time last year Season Tickets were always going to sell well after the fantastic League One campaign where we were head and shoulders above the rest. This season has been good too but some will be wondering why the significant investment when we reach the Championship never really kicked in. Another broken promise from the boardroom or I maybe should say from the Prince, what evidence is there that any investment will be forthcoming if he does take over the ownership ? Will Wilder still be here if he takes over? All we have seen over this season is McCabe levels of investment in players. All this makes for uncertainty for the fans even Wilder will be uncertain how it will pan out. This will also effect player recruitment over the summer good players will think twice before signing for a club running on a shoestring. The tug of war is damaging the club in every way it could have already cost us a pop at this seasons play off's, it needs sorting and quickly.

Bloody hell ive heard it all now.
“There has to be a tipping point”
“Season tickets aren’t cheap”
What do people want? Our season ticket prices are very competitive compared to other championship clubs and as for the tipping point comment, where have you been during our miserable stay in league 1 playing largely uninspiring turgid football?
Yes we have issues to sort at board level but let’s look at the positives. We have a fantastic ambitious manager and some very talented players and a team that plays attractive attacking football. The foundations have been laid. In my time I can think of plenty of far worse times being a Blade

Yep, Mrs Grappler sorted mine and hers out the day they were first available.

What else are you going to do on a Saturday afternoon, go fuckin shopping?

or I maybe should say from the Prince

The two owners have 50% apiece, if one puts in so does the other, if one wont the other wont / cant

I think it is fairer to say, neither have lived up to that statement, which to be honest, is now out of date

We have to wait now until it is resolved

Undoubtedly a response from thousands of fans to the continuing boardroom shambles. As others have said, January’s pitiful transfer dealings were a real missed opportunity after the start we had.

The ownership needs sorting now - but I doubt the fkin jokers we have in charge will do anything positive anytime soon.

Undoubtedly a response from thousands of fans to the continuing boardroom shambles. As others have said, January’s pitiful transfer dealings were a real missed opportunity after the start we had.

The ownership needs sorting now - but I doubt the fkin jokers we have in charge will do anything positive anytime soon.
approx. £2mill on player purchases ( if the papers are correct) and we brought in a young striker from a premier league club with championship experience.Maybe not enough spent but I wouldn't call it 'pitiful;'

So your mates didn't bother going the five years before we were promoted ? What if the owners couldn't afford to 'have a go'. ?

Best season in years (in terms of league position , obviously last season was more exciting)

Averaging nearly 27k

Prices frozen

12k sold? That's rubbish to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom