Scrap this Knocker v Clapper thing, this is a genuine crisis.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesway

Not a member of the reaction faction
Reaction score
Whether you like the regime or not we are a club in crisis. I do not advocate booing or jeering the team/players during the 90 minutes of play (although they should get the works at half time if they perform like they apparently did last night in the first half). I believe in general the players and manager are giving their all but they are limited players. Giving them stick really doesn't help in my opinion.

I as a fan from distance feel utterly helpless and can do nothing. I cannot withdraw my support, I cannot do anything other than see the team/club I love fall to pieces. Not since the late 70's/early 80's have I seen such a shambles. I know some may think this is a phase and it will pass. There was similar lethargy in 80/81 and that led us to Division 4 as it was. Glory may have followed but how hollow is a Division 4 championship in all honesty?

Out of interest does anyone actually now feel optimistic? We have sold any decent players and are now cutting away, not at the fat but by selling Blackman and replacing him with a loan player who is older and not even ours but at the very core of the team. Poor old DW must wonder why he bothers any longer. I know he is limited but imagine coming into work to find your core tools of the job have been removed and replaced. Your internet connection replaced by a fax machine, your experienced workforce replaced by older yet inferior employees. How the hell can you work with these tools?

McCabe was once 75-80% to blame for where we are. Bad decisions and apparently he had learned. We were building through youth (Blackman being a good example of this). Now I blame McCabe 100% for where we are. He made the managerial signings/fuck ups. He sanctioned ridiculous wages. He chose to sack Blackwell 3 games into a season having blown the budget. He chose to sanction the sale of our top scorer (again) this season when it was probably our only realistic chance to get promoted. Ched showed last season what happens when (through other means) you lose your top scorer. The wheels come off.

Kevin McCabe is an utter disgrace to the name of Sheffield United Football club. Whether we are better off without him and in administration is now actually arguable in my opinion. What is his money worth when actually we never see any. If the club is now self sustaining why are we selling our top scorer and replacing him with a lesser player on loan?

In short, I don't believe McCabe has learned from the past and is just squirreling the money from transfers away like a mad old uncle hiding money under his matress for a rainy day when its already pissing it down. He has utterly lost the plot. He is at odds with his manager and changes his story to suit his mood. We have money for transfers, we don't. We don't need to seel Blackman but we do.

I don't say this lightly but right now we are undergoing a slide that while it may not take us down this season it will certainly leave us mid table at best. Our form is atrocious and we are hanging on by our finger tips. we have no resources and our last transfer window for improvement has seen us go backwards again. Next season if we don't go up this one could really see us plumb new depths. We may be in the hands of a hooky Nigerian who Kev found off the internet (possibly), and can barely spell let alone hold the purse strings of a football club (probably).

To say I am fearful right now is an understatement. And worse still we are all helpless. This isn't clapper v knocker this is the very fabric of SUFC and the future. I make no apology for sounding like the grim reaper but I fear the light of a return the Championship has been not only switched off for now but the trapdoor below us opened as a higher possibility. Anyone feel different or have any probable solution? I don't.

Excellent post. The only positive I can find at the moment is that I can sense the majority are waking up to McCabe. Carpark demo's are on the way.

UTB

its not a crisis, were just heading to league two and eventual bankruptcy. its like chester city, were basically just waiting for the owner to piss off or we get to the point where we get kicked out of the league and start our own club. unfortunately, we wont even have a ground unlike chester. the situation is hopeless. most of us now know mccabe is just bleeding the club dry. but he has all the power, he now owns the ground, so getting him out probably isnt going to help much really. were fucked whatever we do.

thats why the fans dont do anything, cos theyre scared of what mccabe would do if we drive him out. the only slim hope we have is that mccabe isnt really the bastard we think he his, and is just an incompetent fool and wakes up and sorts the fucking mess out.

Which achieve what exactly?

To put pressure on McCabe to sell up. To make him understand that if he continues to seel anything withn a modicum of talent, many of us are not prepared to clap (sorry) like seals anymore.

UTB

If someone came along with the money, you really think he wouldn't cut and run?

You can't sell what apparently, no one will buy.

Well then prehaps he needs to realise that he has lost money in the deal, and cut his losses and run.

If someone came along with the money, you really think he wouldn't cut and run?

You can't sell what apparently, no one will buy.

As I said elsewhere - there's always a buyer - at the right price. It's the price we can alter.

UTB

its not a crisis, were just heading to league two and eventual bankruptcy. its like chester city, were basically just waiting for the owner to piss off or we get to the point where we get kicked out of the league and start our own club. unfortunately, we wont even have a ground unlike chester. the situation is hopeless. most of us now know mccabe is just bleeding the club dry. but he has all the power, he now owns the ground, so getting him out probably isnt going to help much really. were fucked whatever we do.

thats why the fans dont do anything, cos theyre scared of what mccabe would do if we drive him out. the only slim hope we have is that mccabe isnt really the bastard we think he his, and is just an incompetent fool and wakes up and sorts the fucking mess out.
Lol.

Pound notes aren't legal tender any more.

Pedantic finance point: Bank of England notes retain their value for all time, even when removed from circulation. The Bank of England will change them for you.

Worth knowing if anyone has a stash and this is the only thing preventing them from buying the club.

Pedantic finance point: Bank of England notes retain their value for all time, even when removed from circulation. The Bank of England will change them for you.

Worth knowing if anyone has a stash and this is the only thing preventing them from buying the club.

I'd imagine it would cost about a pound to buy us. Seriously.

UTB

The only way McCabe will take notice is for everyone to boycott Tuesdays match - let them play in front of less than 5000 like most clubs do in this league - Then and only then will he take notice!
But, it won't happen because season ticket holders will want to go to get maximun 'value' from the ST - all it needs is for everyone to boycott just the one game - in the scheme of things it's early enough in the run in to the seasons end to make the strongest point ever to McCabe.
In reality do us Blades want to go and watch our fourth home loss on the bounce - I for one will be making a stance!

The only way McCabe will take notice is for everyone to boycott Tuesdays match - let them play in front of less than 5000 like most clubs do in this league - Then and only then will he take notice!
But, it won't happen because season ticket holders will want to go to get maximun 'value' from the ST - all it needs is for everyone to boycott just the one game - in the scheme of things it's early enough in the run in to the seasons end to make the strongest point ever to McCabe.
In reality do us Blades want to go and watch our fourth home loss on the bounce - I for one will be making a stance!

Agreed it's the STers fault. You bastards.

Taken out of context - All I am saying is don't go - then they will get the message !
I always get the impression that McCabe thinks 'I'll milk the club dry to get my money back - these cretins will come and watch whatever shit we serve up!'

You two really cannot help yourself can you? One of the reasons the entire thing will go to ratshit is because rather than taking a constructive viewpoint people wade into each other rather than the genuine enemy. How about rather than boycotting games (makes no difference except the team suffers, McCabe will still get his ST holders money) everyone writes en masse to him? What about postive action rather than tearing each other apart? Seriously there has to be a more constructive answer than blaming our own fans. Thats why I asked the question.

Taken out of context - All I am saying is don't go - then they will get the message !
I always get the impression that McCabe thinks 'I'll milk the club dry to get my money back - these cretins will come and watch whatever shit we serve up!'

True but what actual positive does it achieve? I'm not saying I have better ideas but surely between a group of supporters we can achieve something more positive. I would back Wilson 100% because I don't think the man has done anything wrong. He is working with everything tied up his back and doing the best possible job he can. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked to be honest.

You two really cannot help yourself can you? One of the reasons the entire thing will go to ratshit is because rather than taking a constructive viewpoint people wade into each other rather than the genuine enemy. How about rather than boycotting games (makes no difference except the team suffers, McCabe will still get his ST holders money) everyone writes en masse to him? What about postive action rather than tearing each other apart? Seriously there has to be a more constructive answer than blaming our own fans. Thats why I asked the question.
I was not blaming the fans just outlining human nature ! - In whatever context people are loathe to give up something that they have paid for =- it happens !
The point I was trying to make was the sight of empty plastic seats will send a far stronger message than loads of letters and emails - he can ignore and even deny their existance - it would be a newsworthy story if less than 5000 turned up for Tuesdays match!

True but what actual positive does it achieve? I'm not saying I have better ideas but surely between a group of supporters we can achieve something more positive. I would back Wilson 100% because I don't think the man has done anything wrong. He is working with everything tied up his back and doing the best possible job he can. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked to be honest.
Sending out Porter and Kitson as a dual; strike force wasn't one of his best ideas!

t the only slim hope we have is that mccabe isnt really the bastard we think he his, and is just an incompetent fool and wakes up and sorts the fucking mess out.

I think this is the reality .

Unfortunately our local media seem to give him an easy ride(I assume so they can get access to the club)

I was not blaming the fans just outlining human nature ! - In whatever context people are loathe to give up something that they have paid for =- it happens !
The point I was trying to make was the sight of empty plastic seats will send a far stronger message than loads of letters and emails - he can ignore and even deny their existance - it would be a newsworthy story if less than 5000 turned up for Tuesdays match!

But unrealistic. People will read letters to papers, to the club. I wouldn't be against a car park session but not against anyone other than McCabe. That would get column inches. I don't have the answer but I think between the fans we should be able to do something that doesn't effect the team and manager.

Also this thing about 'The team suffers' - why not they have been making me suffer all year!
These guys are highly paid to play football - probably on better wages than most in this like and they have been garbage - at least they could try!
It should hurt them to turn in a performance like the first half last night! - They are supposed to be professionals - they are miles away from being anything nearing professional!

Whether you like the regime or not we are a club in crisis. I do not advocate booing or jeering the team/players during the 90 minutes of play (although they should get the works at half time if they perform like they apparently did last night in the first half). I believe in general the players and manager are giving their all but they are limited players. Giving them stick really doesn't help in my opinion.

I as a fan from distance feel utterly helpless and can do nothing. I cannot withdraw my support, I cannot do anything other than see the team/club I love fall to pieces. Not since the late 70's/early 80's have I seen such a shambles. I know some may think this is a phase and it will pass. There was similar lethargy in 80/81 and that led us to Division 4 as it was. Glory may have followed but how hollow is a Division 4 championship in all honesty?

Out of interest does anyone actually now feel optimistic? We have sold any decent players and are now cutting away, not at the fat but by selling Blackman and replacing him with a loan player who is older and not even ours but at the very core of the team. Poor old DW must wonder why he bothers any longer. I know he is limited but imagine coming into work to find your core tools of the job have been removed and replaced. Your internet connection replaced by a fax machine, your experienced workforce replaced by older yet inferior employees. How the hell can you work with these tools?

McCabe was once 75-80% to blame for where we are. Bad decisions and apparently he had learned. We were building through youth (Blackman being a good example of this). Now I blame McCabe 100% for where we are. He made the managerial signings/fuck ups. He sanctioned ridiculous wages. He chose to sack Blackwell 3 games into a season having blown the budget. He chose to sanction the sale of our top scorer (again) this season when it was probably our only realistic chance to get promoted. Ched showed last season what happens when (through other means) you lose your top scorer. The wheels come off.

Kevin McCabe is an utter disgrace to the name of Sheffield United Football club. Whether we are better off without him and in administration is now actually arguable in my opinion. What is his money worth when actually we never see any. If the club is now self sustaining why are we selling our top scorer and replacing him with a lesser player on loan?

In short, I don't believe McCabe has learned from the past and is just squirreling the money from transfers away like a mad old uncle hiding money under his matress for a rainy day when its already pissing it down. He has utterly lost the plot. He is at odds with his manager and changes his story to suit his mood. We have money for transfers, we don't. We don't need to seel Blackman but we do.

I don't say this lightly but right now we are undergoing a slide that while it may not take us down this season it will certainly leave us mid table at best. Our form is atrocious and we are hanging on by our finger tips. we have no resources and our last transfer window for improvement has seen us go backwards again. Next season if we don't go up this one could really see us plumb new depths. We may be in the hands of a hooky Nigerian who Kev found off the internet (possibly), and can barely spell let alone hold the purse strings of a football club (probably).

To say I am fearful right now is an understatement. And worse still we are all helpless. This isn't clapper v knocker this is the very fabric of SUFC and the future. I make no apology for sounding like the grim reaper but I fear the light of a return the Championship has been not only switched off for now but the trapdoor below us opened as a higher possibility. Anyone feel different or have any probable solution? I don't.

What the man said - Excellent post, Sir

"if we dont go up"?

people still think we can go up? jesus wept! we cant win a game! we can barely score a goal!

may as well just say that if santa claus doesnt exist, were in trouble.

Don't boycott the match if you're a season ticket holder. Go, and take a mate. Lets try for the biggest crowd of the season, and then on ten minutes, which I've picked because that was Blackman's number, everyone turn their backs for a minute, or even two. No chanting, no shouting, just a minute's silence. See if that grabs his attention. You get to protest and you still get to see the game.

Back
Top Bottom