Scrap Books

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Russ

Ladies. For a good time ring 07939...
Reaction score
I was interested to read the 44 seasons ago thread, even though it was before I started going. And looking at some of the match photos, it made me think about my scrap book that I used to compile as a kid. I used to cut out photographs, match info and the league table. Wondered how many of you used to do the same?

I will try and find mine in the loft and put some extracts on here. Mine was mainly from about 81/82 to about 84/85. So around the time of King Keith. I think really I should just present him with it as it’s mainly about him. And Colin Morris on the wi-ing...!

Anyone got anything similar they would like to share on here?

I did two Blades scrapbooks. The 1968 /69 and 1969/70 seasons.

Both disappointing seasons because they didn't result in promotion. I was desperate to see us promoted.

I decided against doing one for the following season as I hoped a change would influence our promotion chances. It was the 'wearing the same underpants' syndrome.

“Me, Tudgy, Nudgy and Fudgy took the whole of their kop on our own. Respect. We then taxed all of their Farah’s off em before making life long friends with em when watching England together”

You talking about that kind of kindergarten literature??

I used to cut out the match report of the sunday paper ,and stick it in the programme of any game I went too.
Comes in handy as I'm nearly fifty reading some of those 80's games I cant actually remember fuck all about the game.

I was interested to read the 44 seasons ago thread, even though it was before I started going. And looking at some of the match photos, it made me think about my scrap book that I used to compile as a kid. I used to cut out photographs, match info and the league table. Wondered how many of you used to do the same?

I will try and find mine in the loft and put some extracts on here. Mine was mainly from about 81/82 to about 84/85. So around the time of King Keith. I think really I should just present him with it as it’s mainly about him. And Colin Morris on the wi-ing...!

Can I encourage you (perhaps in international breaks or close season) to give us some details from them. And I also add a shameless plug for the thread I started almost a year ago '60 years ago this month', which I enjoyed doing for the second half of last season. 1958-59 and 2018-19 turned out very differently in the end, but both had high points.

Silent Blade has probably got 10 scrapbooks for each season from 1960.
Don't have any scrapbooks to be honest! My mum chucked out many of my programmes that I had in the 1970s so in the 1980s I bought a lot of late 1960s to mid 1970s programmes from a collector in Apperknowle also from Alan Scholey's shop. Think I still have most of the programmes of matches I attended since the late 1980s. I bought a collection of 1970/71 Green Uns from a fair about 6 years ago (my uncle currently has them in his house)

I have one scrap book to hand, from the 03/04 season.

What usually happened though was I'd start diligently, do my front cover, and the first few weeks, and then I'd just start filling shoeboxes with Green Uns and putting them in the loft haha

James Shield is still using the same picture by the look of it!

DSC_4370.JPG
_20191212_131545.JPG
DSC_4372.JPG
DSC_4373.JPG

Don't have any scrapbooks to be honest! My mum chucked out many of my programmes that I had in the 1970s so in the 1980s I bought a lot of late 1960s to mid 1970s programmes from a collector in Apperknowle also from Alan Scholey's shop. Think I still have most of the programmes of matches I attended since the late 1980s. I bought a collection of 1970/71 Green Uns from a fair about 6 years ago (my uncle currently has them in his house)
I bet the wife was delighted 😀

I’ve a couple from the dark days of les Tibbett Stewart Houston and Barry Butlin through to the days of Deane and Agana try and put a few pictures on tomorrow

I’ve still got newspaper cuttings from the Green Un featuring my goal scoring exploits in the Sheffield Sunday pub league from the 1970’s if anyone would like to see them?🤔

Wife, Kids, friends and neighbours seemed bored with them now!😟

Paul garner with mark lawrenson

Attachments

• 2F1339BE-4FB4-4DEE-A68E-E1B42E7A0EF6.jpeg
    2F1339BE-4FB4-4DEE-A68E-E1B42E7A0EF6.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 3

Don’t laugh at some of the spelling and words

Attachments

• B7B8CC3A-66D2-4A1F-AA56-D0F1964DA800.jpeg
    B7B8CC3A-66D2-4A1F-AA56-D0F1964DA800.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 3
More to follow later as carnt get my head around what iam doing and off to the farm road club

Back
Top Bottom