Incoming? Scott McTominay (loan)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ricky

Banned
Reaction score
Darren says he was a target as he looks like joining Wolves, then his move to Wolves falls through. So maybe he could be coming here.

We do have links with Man Utd now.

Is it just me, but I would struggle to use an accountant called Darren :eek:

El Accounto to his friends. Lives in Spain but has no office, spends his life pretending to be a global political commentator on fucking twitter and acts for football agents. Nothing dodgy there, then.

I'm sure he gets some information from the greedy selfish leeches on football he calls clients, but it's gone to his head and he's persuaded himself that he knows all and nothing can be happening if he isn't aware of it. He even put himself on the same level as Tufty in relation to knowing our transfer dealings a while ago.

Old El needs to realise that agents know what's happening with their own meal-ticket clients, and not much else.

Darren says he was a target as he looks like joining Wolves, then his move to Wolves falls through. So maybe he could be coming here.

We do have links with Man Utd now.

Why don't you ask Ar Dazza if it's true? Surely he would know.

Not sure where those links have come from. But he'd be a top quality loan for any Championship club.

Getting him would ensure our midfield carried on working properly for the rest of the season. Could play any position, any role.

Strange move to Celtic if it happens, as he's being kept out of the Scotland starting XI by....
the Celtic midfield!

Never thought much of him when I've seen him personally. Can't see him going to a second tier side anyway if he leaves considering he's getting pretty regular minutes at Manchester United, would maybe go to the SPL though.

Never thought much of him when I've seen him personally. Can't see him going to a second tier side anyway if he leaves considering he's getting pretty regular minutes at Manchester United, would maybe go to the SPL though.

Agree, I don't get him tbh, no idea what his position or role is.

Not sure where those links have come from. But he'd be a top quality loan for any Championship club.

Getting him would ensure our midfield carried on working properly for the rest of the season. Could play any position, any role.

If he could play Duffy’s role and Norwood’s role equally well, then he wouldn’t be headed to the championship.

I never got the hype with McTominay but having seen him a few times since I thought that, I can see why, a cracking player with a very good footballing brain, he’d be a great addition.

Unlikely but a strong signal of intent from the club if he does join. TBH he'd most probably get far more out of spending the remainder of the season at a club (hopefully) involved in a Prem push than spanking teams like line St Mirren and Dundee 6-0 every week if he went to Celtic.

I don't know him well enough, but from what little I've seen and read, it sounds like he'd be a good option to play in a similar role to Fleck. Which, frankly, is what we need. We've got Duffy's replacement and Coutts is a nice back-up for Norwood. The biggest drop-off is Fleck's replacement, which is currently Lundstram. Were Fleck to pick up an injury I actually think Coutts would come in and Norwood would push forward.

Man Utd fans seem to think he's absolute shite, and I doubt he'd be interested on going on loan somewhere unless he's going to be playing every week, which I'm not sure we can offer.

One thing's on our side.... Dean Henderson. Hopefully he could sell the club to him.

If he could play Duffy’s role and Norwood’s role equally well, then he wouldn’t be headed to the championship.

Coutts can play Norwood's role. But McTominay could slot in anywhere and we'd remain strong, maybe with a slightly different dynamic.

The most important bit for me would be guaranteeing we have a fit, quality option for Duffy's role. There could be concerns about Duffy burning out, and Dowell not fitting in or not being up to speed.

Covering Fleck would also be important. He's right footed but has enough forward drive and flexibility to play that role.

I see him as a similar player to Coutts from the games I have seen play.

He can play that sort of ball retaining deeper midfield role but he's also played up front. That gives you some idea of his versatility.

His height is a big bonus.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom