Incoming? Scott Hogan Permanent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saw a post on facebook in the Sun (what a suprise lol) that we aren't looking at any players from abroad. We should be going for someone like Che Adams tbh

If Wilder thinks he’s got something to offer then I’m fine with that.
One thing I did see is a lad with pace, who plays in the shoulder of defenders and is prepared to graft. He’s shown he can finish in the past too.
So far his timing has looked off, he’s either making runs too soon or is mentally ahead of the players making the passes.

I reckon with a full pre season to get match fit and game time to settle among the squad he could be a valuable asset for us next season.
As for cost, then maybe Villa and all their new vast wealth will be happy to see him go fairly cheaply, plus the player would probably take a pay cut to play and get his chance with us in the premier league. So we could be getting a £12m pound player (if we sign the lad who left Brentford) for a third to half of that cost!

Trust the manager I say.

Saw a post on facebook in the Sun (what a suprise lol) that we aren't looking at any players from abroad. We should be going for someone like Che Adams tbh

And we may well be going for Adams too!
Take off our sell on clause and it brings the fee down a bit. My only concern was the speed Wilder moved him on, would love to know if it were more to do with finances or his attitude/immaturity at the time.

And we may well be going for Adams too!
Take off our sell on clause and it brings the fee down a bit. My only concern was the speed Wilder moved him on, would love to know if it were more to do with finances or his attitude/immaturity at the time.

Think it was due to his attitude. He seems to have come along well while at Brum though and I'd all be for giving him a second chance.

I would consider Hogan only if it wasn't silly season with regards the transfer fee and salary

The reported £12m Villa signed him for is obscene

£4M max and a drop in salary that meets our wage structure and yes

My fear with all this is that there are rumours that Madine may be arriving as well and that may well mean we start next season with the same strike force we had in the Championship and that is a no from me

One big signing (striker), two loans (Hendo + 1) and one, possibly two more and that would be it from me. But all the signings have to be capable of stepping up to the Prem and must improve us

Perfect signing to get us over the line but I'd prefer better now.

I feel like I need to.finish each point with.'but I trust the manager's but wants point in a forum if we can't discuss our stance as well?
Is Che a possibility? If so I'd pay a lot to bring him back.

Would be a real waste of a signing. Especially if we've all but agreed to sign Madine.

Decent finish against Ipswich but not really done much for us to be fair. Hope this isn’t a sign that we won’t be ambitious enough with our signings. All assumes the rumour is true of course - it may not be.

give cw a full season with the lad and lets see then... weve seen how he has transformed players previously, and would only fit his model of bringing players up from leagues below, could we do a deal for 4-6m? i would take him, he has all the attributes so why not? just need to breed him in the squad properly in pre season

Hogan is a very clever player who makes great runs and is a decent finisher, when the squad and him get to know each other better on the field of play then I think he’ll turn out to be a good player for us.

Let’s hope that villa don’t go up and we can have him and madine without the need to buy or take one of our two prem loan options

In all fairness he's not had a real opportunity for a couple of seasons so is bound to be a bit rusty. A good pre-season and some game time will do wonders. If we can get the player who was at Brentford it's a yes from me.

As for Che I can't see it. Wilder moved him on quickly and I was under the impression his attitude was poor. Wilder saw fit enough to give coutts and Freeman another chance as they changed their apparent bad attitudes quite quickly but he didn't do the same with Che.

As for Che I can't see it. Wilder moved him on quickly and I was under the impression his attitude was poor.

Not saying he’s a realistic target, but Wilder was full of praise for him ahead of the game at St Andrews. Said that he’d grown up, grown as a player, and that his attitude had matured.

Not saying he’s a realistic target, but Wilder was full of praise for him ahead of the game at St Andrews. Said that he’d grown up, grown as a player, and that his attitude had matured.

Adams is on record as dissing us as a little club and he wanted to go to a "bigger club". He has and had no respect for us, so JET can fuck off.

Adams is on record as dissing us as a little club and he wanted to go to a "bigger club". He has and had no respect for us, so JET can fuck off.
Clearly not the brightest if he thinks Birmingham is a bigger club than the Blades.

Trust the manager I say.

all we are doing is having our say...........Hussey, Wilson, Carruthers, Leonard, Evans, Holmes to name a few with others for others to fill in if required.

Not all signings are correct, and some believe the Prem isn't the place to take Hogan to.

If he became permanent then i'd support the player and the team, but it's only journalistic talk probably started by an agent who is only doing a job for his client. I wouldn't expect anything less for a player that doesn't seem to be rated by his existing employer. We've been down this road before.

UTB

Can’t see Adams coming back - he wanted out (and got his wish)

Can’t see wilder looking past that kind of attitude - even if I think he’s a great player.

Adams won’t be coming back as Wilder said that anyone who wanted to go and didn’t want to be at this great club would be driven there personally by himself, unless Wilder is going to be picking the fucker back up? :)

This is interesting...how would he know about his attitude...unless...

Don’t think hogan has shown loads so far however, he’s been hampered by injury and not really has a run of games.

One thing you can say about wilder is he acknowledges his errors (homes, caruthers, Evans, hussey etc) and moves on from them quickly.

If he’s seen enough to buy him in training then that’s enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom