Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That’s bollocks, CW knows it’s bollocks, he’s setting the Board up to fail here. Everyone sells at least one asset upon relegation, that’s how it works. For all people talk of Norwich, they sold Godfrey and Lewis. As a result of this, they were able to keep Buendia, Pukki and Cantwell.

Lo and behold when Berge or JOC go, Wilder can blame the Board, saying it’s against ‘the plan’.

I’m all for CW, but this is a really difficult thing to say and he knows it.
^^^^ this!

You're deluded if you don't think relegated teams sell any top players! Sell Berge and keep everyone else and weve done well.

Chris has also said Berge is likely to want to go if there’s interest and we’ll consider bids if they match our valuation. I don’t see how he’s setting anything up.
i think he already knows berge is going but if we only lose him and manage to hang on to egan and joc it wont do us too much damage the midfield is really the big area for recruitment this summer we need 3 to come in

United asking for £22.2m according to Daily Express.....Spurs and Arsenal interested.

If the relegation clause is that he can go for break even, then obviously that's what United will be asking for. £22.2m sounds about right.

we certainly should be putting a 25m minimum price tag on berge he would be brilliant for a possesion based team

According to Jeunes Footeux, Sheffield United are happy to let Sander Berge leave Bramall Lane for €26 million (£22.2 million) this summer.
Jeunes Footeux claim that Arsenal and Tottenham are keeping tabs on the 24-cap Norway international, who is surely going to be relegated this term

Reading that piece the thing that inmediately jumped out was further indication that Jags is on 50k a week. Who ever sanctioned that wants shooting...Wilder claims we cant pay premiership wages yet a bit part, nearly 40year old, is our highest paid player on 50k a week. You couldn't make it up could you?

Reading that piece the thing that inmediately jumped out was further indication that Jags is on 50k a week. Who ever sanctioned that wants shooting...Wilder claims we cant pay premiership wages yet a bit part, nearly 40year old, is our highest paid player on 50k a week. You couldn't make it up could you?

You could, and they probably have.

He's done nothing to warrant an increase on the £22m we paid for him. In fact, with the injury he's sustained a straight return on investment would be fine in my opinion.
Proven himself in the Premier League. Whoever signs him doesn’t have to put up with that acclimatisation period we had where he wasn’t very good. That’s gotta be worth a few million to bump it up to £25 million?!

Proven himself in the Premier League. Whoever signs him doesn’t have to put up with that acclimatisation period we had where he wasn’t very good. That’s gotta be worth a few million to bump it up to £25 million?!

Did he prove himself?

I can both sides of the argument but I dont see how 22m plus is a bad deal for Sheffield United. Were going to be a championship club and I don't even think Berge will suit that league or suits our play.

Yeah I think so. Anyone doubting him will look silly in years to come - IMO of course.

My view of him hasn't really changed since he joined. Loads of potential. Has a lot of tools. Don't think he ever proved himself though. I can't remember him dominating many games. Just flashes of brilliance.

My view of him hasn't really changed since he joined. Loads of potential. Has a lot of tools. Don't think he ever proved himself though. I can't remember him dominating many games. Just flashes of brilliance.

Spurs and Chelsea home games - he was the best midfielder on the park. 2 games only, granted but I think we're being a little slow on the uptake because we've been so shit since. He's one of the best players we've seen in the shirt but ultimately unless we improve he won't be remembered as such.

I thin we'll struggle to get over £30 million for him, unless we manage to start a bidding war. Likely to get our money back. Market has largely collapsed with COVID and we'll be a championship side. How many championship players go for £20 million?

I think the main thing we need to do is ensure a hefty sell-on clause. 25-30%.

I find that kind of mad. He’s proven he is a classy Premier League midfielder with bags of potential at this level. He was playing in Belgium before. Tonnes of teams spend good money on players without knowing if they will translate to the Premier League. With Berge, you've seen him be a serious player. You don’t really have that risk.

Our best player after lockdown and in the early part of the season. He really is going to be some player.

Can’t believe the small time mentality of some to only want recoup what we paid?!

How many more times are we going to sell top potential on the cheap?
Look at what Bournemouth and Norwich have done with their top players.

He doesn’t have to be the finished article to command a much higher fee than we paid, given he’s shown he can step up. Either pay what he’s worth or he stays.

Back
Top Bottom