Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't imagine for a second he'll be here next season. He represents a white elephant for us and we're in the way of the sort of career he clearly thinks he's going to have. Also, we'll need the money to rebuild the midfield.

yeah fair enough all about opinions ive always rated hourihane especially at championship level one things for certain we need at least 2 probably 3 new midfielders to come in this summer

If we have ambitions to build a team to that will get us to the Premier League and stay there, then 30 year old Hourihane is just a stop gap. He's a good mid table Championship player, but nothing more.

I would understand it if he does go. I just hope that (a) we get a good price for him and (b) it’s not to Villa; whom I despise.
You'll need to move on from that. Villa will pay over the odds on a potentially risky player because they can afford to.
If we do sell him to Villa we'll certainly get our money back and hopefully we'll have a sell on clause attached as they never keep their talent when big bids come in.
Would rather he stayed though.

If he does go in the summer, I can't see us accepting any less than £45 - 50m for him as Tufty's already stated if he goes it has to be a good deal for the Club.
We no longer have McCabe doing the selling so I would imagine that we will get a proper fee for a player of his ability.
UTB & FTP

If we have ambitions to build a team to that will get us to the Premier League and stay there, then 30 year old Hourihane is just a stop gap. He's a good mid table Championship player, but nothing more.
sorry cant agree with you there hourihane is better than a midtable championship player and certainly better than fleck on current form

sorry cant agree with you there hourihane is better than a midtable championship player and certainly better than fleck on current form
I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion when Hourihane isn't even playing the same standard of opposition to Fleck week in week out.

I don't think anyone over the last 4 years would have even dreamt of replacing Fleck with Hourihane

I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion when Hourihane isn't even playing the same standard of opposition to Fleck week in week out.

I don't think anyone over the last 4 years would have even dreamt of replacing Fleck with Hourihane
last 3 years no this year yes but hourihane is a very good player and certainly not a bottom half championship player your wrong there imo but everybody has different opinions on players dont they chris wilder obviously rates john lundstram i dont

last 3 years no this year yes but hourihane is a very good player and certainly not a bottom half championship player your wrong there imo but everybody has different opinions on players dont they chris wilder obviously rates john lundstram i dont

I think you are going to be disappointed about Hourihane. From what I heard he's a great set piece taker, but otherwise a passenger in games. You're welcome to disagree with me there. I'd be very very surprised if we sign him.

Would we effectively swap him for Brewster and a sell on?

Would we effectively swap him for Brewster and a sell on?

I think you are going to be disappointed about Hourihane. From what I heard he's a great set piece taker, but otherwise a passenger in games. You're welcome to disagree with me there. I'd be very very surprised if we sign him.
wont be dissapointed just thought he would be a good addition at championship level and in any case swansea will probably sign him wonder if they want mcburnie back 🤔

wont be dissapointed just thought he would be a good addition at championship level and in any case swansea will probably sign him wonder if they want mcburnie back 🤔

We'll stick with McBurnie I think. He may not have been great in the Prem, but he certainly did well in the Championship

If we get good money for him (that's at least what we paid in my view) then I couldn't care less where he goes.

That said I like the kid. He may not have been up to the physical battle at times but I still think there's a real player in there, especially in the right team set up for him.

We'll stick with McBurnie I think. He may not have been great in the Prem, but he certainly did well in the Championship
yes i think we will but hes got to start doing more hes too busy whinging at refs and getting in to stupid physical battles instead of concentrating on doing what hes been brought in for scoring goals but im not convinced he will do it for us even at a lower level he just doesnt seem to fit our system i would get rid if a 10m bid came in for him

If we get good money for him (that's at least what we paid in my view) then I couldn't care less where he goes.

That said I like the kid. He may not have been up to the physical battle at times but I still think there's a real player in there, especially in the right team set up for him.
didnt he have a stormer against liverpool a few years back in a champions league tie ? maybe klopp has kept one eye on him since mind liverpool or villa we shouldnt give him away on the cheap both those clubs can pay 30m for him easily

If Liverpool skanked us into paying 23 for Brewster then offers start at 35 for Sander or get stuffed. We don't need to sell.
yeah wouldnt disagree with you mind we dont know if sander has a release clause in his contract if a certain price is bid should be at least 25m in any case

yeah wouldnt disagree with you mind we dont know if sander has a release clause in his contract if a certain price is bid should be at least 25m in any case
He almost certainly has a release clause I'd imagine. And I'm sure if he does have a release fee his agent will be leaking it in the press anytime now...

I think these Villa rumours are probably his agent put out the feelers

I think these Villa rumours are probably his agent put out the feelers
maybe but think villa will be interested sounds like barkely not impressing much on 100k a week so they will need a replacement when they send him back to chelsea 30m starting price

yes i think we will but hes got to start doing more hes too busy whinging at refs and getting in to stupid physical battles instead of concentrating on doing what hes been brought in for scoring goals but im not convinced he will do it for us even at a lower level he just doesnt seem to fit our system i would get rid if a 10m bid came in for him
Therein lies the problem, 10 million

In an ideal world next season; Moussett will become a model, injury free professional, Brewster will live up to his billing and Burke learns where the goal is.

If those things happen McBurnie might struggle to get in the side, except when we need a big lad up front.

I would discount McBurnie though, I think he's been overly used as a target man so far, and I'm not sure that's his natural game

Therein lies the problem, 10 million

In an ideal world next season; Moussett will become a model, injury free professional, Brewster will live up to his billing and Burke learns where the goal is.

If those things happen McBurnie might struggle to get in the side, except when we need a big lad up front.

I would discount McBurnie though, I think he's been overly used as a target man so far, and I'm not sure that's his natural game
no it isnt his best form was at swansea in a front 3 and playing a bit deeper just dont think our basic 2 up front suits him and im not certain he will be a success in the championship i do think if swansea do get promoted they may well put a bid in for him and maybe even brewster and it would not suprise me if chris let both of em go

I think to win promotion we’ll have to play far more open attacking football we need to score goals to win matches the type of football that we can’t play in the Premiership (for obvious reasons), McBernie may well flourish with more open play as could all of our players we need good quality young blood but that’s expensive and may be Berge has to go to fund new players.

We will have the parachute payments but that could be ear marked for wages some players may take a hit but our wage bill will still be far higher than when we were promoted 2019 season BUT we are in a far better financial position than most Championship teams, luckily we are getting Premiership TV money which is far more than crowd receipts so for once we have been a ‘little’ lucky.

Hopefully we can regain a place in the Premier League season after next but it’s not going to be easy Stoke have proved that.

UTB

Apparently Liverpool want him but only on the cheap
Wouldn’t be surprised it was their MO last season unsettled both sarr and Lewis putting in derogatory offers in the summer playing silly buggers ended up getting neither but did cause both Watford and Norwich a whole host of grief get ready for a summer of ‘leaked’ stories.

It wouldn’t break my heart if he left tomorrow for anywhere near the money we paid for him .

For all the excitable talk on here about his ‘sheer class’ and ‘undoubted quality’ , the reality is that his overall impact on our performances has been minimal at best .

I’ve even seen some comparing him to Tony Currie . Yes , that would be in the same way that Barry Bannan can be compared to Jimmy Hagan .
He's played in 27 games for us and I can think of 2 games where he has looked really good, Chelsea and Spurs post lockdown, where he did look pretty impressive to be fair.

In the other 25 games he's done the odd impressive thing but often looked fatigued and has made plenty of mistakes and cost us a few goals.

He's only 23, so it's perfectly possible that he goes on to have a good career in the EPL or other top division, but he's not been the outstanding signing I was (and Wilders was) hoping for

He's played in 27 games for us and I can think of 2 games where he has looked really good, Chelsea and Spurs post lockdown, where he did look pretty impressive to be fair.

In the other 25 games he's done the odd impressive thing but often looked fatigued and has made plenty of mistakes and cost us a few goals.

He's only 23, so it's perfectly possible that he goes on to have a good career in the EPL or other top division, but he's not been the outstanding signing I was (and Wilders was) hoping for
think hes more likely to end up at villa or maybe 1 of the 3 promoted clubs

I agree with this although with a caveat, we buy one of the best young Playmakers/centre midfielders in Europe and stick him on the right wing.

Back
Top Bottom