CONFIRMED Samir Carruthers - Contract terminated by mutual consent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How long is his contract?
Is it one that renews automatically in perpetuity?
They are really daft contracts to sign up to.
I think it would be better to steer clear of them in the future.

How long is his contract?
Is it one that renews automatically in perpetuity?
They are really daft contracts to sign up to.
I think it would be better to steer clear of them in the future.

I think one or two of the contracts Wilder has dished out on our way to the Championship would raise a few more questions had we not got promoted to the PL. We essentially have had the likes of Holmes, Lavery and Carruthers sat here for ages. Also giving Clarke that bumper 3 year contract in 2017 wasn't a great idea either.

I think one or two of the contracts Wilder has dished out on our way to the Championship would raise a few more questions had we not got promoted to the PL. We essentially have had the likes of Holmes, Lavery and Carruthers sat here for ages. Also giving Clarke that bumper 3 year contract in 2017 wasn't a great idea either.

We're still doing it as well with older players. I admire the loyalty but it will (literally) cost us.

We're still doing it as well with older players. I admire the loyalty but it will (literally) cost us.

Well it is costing us but with Premier League money the impact is not as bad as it would be had we stayed in the Championship.

What is worse is the players know the deals they are on are the best they will get which is why they keep going out on loan. Wilder talks about players character but these lads are just sitting on their contracts.

Had we not gone up the likes of Clarke would have no doubt had a role to play. We couldn’t offer everyone a one year contract knowing we were going to be premier league. It’s a small price to pay for success that we have these players well below the level we are now.

Had we not gone up the likes of Clarke would have no doubt had a role to play. We couldn’t offer everyone a one year contract knowing we were going to be premier league. It’s a small price to pay for success that we have these players well below the level we are now.

No he wouldn't. We would have been likely to get someone like Madine back in.

And with hindsight Carruthers never stood a chance at displacing the holy trinity. But we didn’t know that at the time. And you need back up, at that level it was him.

No he wouldn't. We would have been likely to get someone like Madine back in.
Our squad would have needed all the additions we have made without the premier league money. Doubt we would have spent good money on a 4th choice striker with him already on the books.

We would have still had to bring younger strikers in regardless. Clarke would have played no part.

It's tricky as there's a fine line to walk for the club between keeping players happy and paying reasonable wages on sensible contracts. I feel we've probably been too generous but on the other hand we may have lost players.

We would have still had to bring younger strikers in regardless. Clarke would have played no part.

It's tricky as there's a fine line to walk for the club between keeping players happy and paying reasonable wages on sensible contracts. I feel we've probably been too generous but on the other hand we may have lost players.
We will never know, but personally I think we would have had very little in the pot this season had we not gone up. Which would have meant using Clarke, and maybe one other signing up top. With probable gaps in the shape of O’Connell and fleck, a GK etc I think we would have had to look at some of what we already have on the books.

We will never know, but personally I think we would have had very little in the pot this season had we not gone up. Which would have meant using Clarke, and maybe one other signing up top. With probable gaps in the shape of O’Connell and fleck, a GK etc I think we would have had to look at some of what we already have on the books.

JOC would have most certainly been sold but I would hope we would have got the sort of fee Bristol just got for Webster.

I would guess that Cambridge will be claiming that they can't afford a fee and 'haven't got a pot to piss in'.
But they will definitely need one if they are going to sign Samir? :rolleyes:

At least the lad has the guts to go out and play some football instead of sitting in th u23s etc. From what Wilder said a few more need to do the same and get a move.

Can see a fair few moving as we will end up paying some of them up I would imagine.

Calderwood seems about as annoyed as Wilder about the lack of progress...

“We haven’t been able to conclude a deal with Sheffield United at the minute,” he said.

“It’s a little bit within Samir and Sheffield United’s court at the minute. We’re pushing and Samir’s pushing and Sheffield United are pushing to try to get something done.

“There has to be an endpoint for something of course, but ideally the negotiations will hopefully progress a little bit sharper and quicker than they have done in the last week or so.

“It’s frustrating for me, frustrating for probably Sheffield United and Samir as well because we really want him in and around and available for selection.

“It hasn’t progressed anywhere so far.”

Calderwood seems about as annoyed as Wilder about the lack of progress...

“We haven’t been able to conclude a deal with Sheffield United at the minute,” he said.

“It’s a little bit within Samir and Sheffield United’s court at the minute. We’re pushing and Samir’s pushing and Sheffield United are pushing to try to get something done.
Aka Cambridge want to take him FOC and we're telling them to FO. Still think he'll be there by the deadline

Another week passes – no deal.

The U’s head coach added that the disparity between what the club could offer and the 26-year-old’s wage at the Blades is “huge.”

“All parties have got to meet and funds have to be available, that’s probably the best way of putting it.”

Another week passes – no deal.

The U’s head coach added that the disparity between what the club could offer and the 26-year-old’s wage at the Blades is “huge.”

“All parties have got to meet and funds have to be available, that’s probably the best way of putting it.”

It’s our fault for giving him a long contract with promotion clauses in place. Let the lad go and play football and cover half of his wages and let Cambridge pay the other half.

It’s our fault for giving him a long contract with promotion clauses in place. Let the lad go and play football and cover half of his wages and let Cambridge pay the other half.

It feels with a lot of these we’re hoping that by running down the clock to the loan deadline it’ll make the other parties involved blink. Almost like the UK’s Brexit negotiation approach. My fear is that we end up crashing out of the loan window without a Carruthers deal.

—moves to General Chat forum—

I doubt Cambridge will have the finance to pay more than 10%, they will be hoping utd are prepared to let him go for free just to put him in the shop window.
Always thought he had the ability to be a good player, just unlucky with injuries and did not have the required application

Released by Mutual Consent

GLTTL

Released by Mutual Consent

GLTTL
Whilst still under contract? surely a pay off involved, why would he just leave?

Back
Top Bottom