Sabella

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dazzlingblade

Reaction score
Just seen he was urgently rushed to hospital, been in poor health for the last few years, hope another Argentinian legend isn't on his way out

God: “yeah I’m giving dem Blades a proper kicking this season. Can’t win a game and now I’ve taken Maradona”

Gabriel: “He didn’t end up signing for them. Too expensive so they went for Sabella instead”

God: “FFS. I must read things properly. I’ll take him too. What about Warnock?”

Gabriel: “Warnock? He’s not one of ours”.

God: “yeah I’m giving dem Blades a proper kicking this season. Can’t win a game and now I’ve taken Maradona”

Gabriel: “He didn’t end up signing for them. Too expensive so they went for Sabella instead”

God: “FFS. I must read things properly. I’ll take him too. What about Warnock?”

Gabriel: “Warnock? He’s not one of ours”.
Christ

Crap, that's really sad news. Before my time but loved watching the videos of him. A real Blades favourite it seems and he seemed to be complimentary of his time with us.

Remember him signing when I was a nipper & loved watching him play. He was so different.
I had one of those badges that said “Jesus Saves - but Sabella nets the rebounds”.
What a player. Sad news indeed & 2020 can now officially do one!

Last edited:
Never saw him play but RIP
Reet player.
I remember him running down the John Street wing towards the Bramall Lane end, stepping over the ball and flicking it over his head, the ball lands in front of him and he never broke stride!
Everyone was just left open mouthed.

RIP Alex. Just before my time, but what a legacy especially given the team around him at the time. I might just have seen him in my earliest games, but no real memories.

2020 eh, not been the best year for things. :(

Absolutely gutted to hear this
After Woodward and Currie he's the best I've ever seen in a United shirt.
Unpredictable and on his day unplayable.
V Liverpool 1978 they were league champions. Sabella on the edge of the box, little jink, then the chip, Hamson ran onto it, boom Ray Clemence had no chance.
What a night.
Thank you for some precious memories Alex.
RIP 😢😢

Back
Top Bottom