Player Suggestion Ryan Sessegnon - loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We have raised the best part or close to £30 million pounds and shipped out 7 players (8 if Burke goes) and we still look no closer to signing anyone else. Our financial situation must be fucked.

What do we reckon those 8 players averaged in wages per week - accounting for relegation.

I think if low was reportedly being on 15k a week is true you can assume the likes of Burke/ramsdale/ jags were all comfortably over 20k. Lundstram wasnt on a huge contract but wasn’t on nowt.

there must be comfortably 100-150k a week knocked off our wage bill so far.

What do we reckon those 8 players averaged in wages per week - accounting for relegation.

I think if low was reportedly being on 15k a week is true you can assume the likes of Burke/ramsdale/ jags were all comfortably over 20k. Lundstram was on a huge contract but wasn’t on nowt.

If Lowe is 15 then Burke will have been more than that maybe in the 20 range. Rammers will have been more again as he was brought in as a nailed on starter and a key player maybe 30. I’m a bit reluctant to include players like jags lunny and Bryan as they were never technically on this seasons wage bill.

If Lowe is 15 then Burke will have been more than that maybe in the 20 range. Rammers will have been more again as he was brought in as a nailed on starter and a key player maybe 30. I’m a bit reluctant to include players like jags lunny and Bryan as they were never technically on this seasons wage bill.

that’s fair - though I think the assumption would have been we’d replace some of them. We don’t have any back up centrebacK

be interested to know what we ended up shedding out for like 6minutes of Rodwell

admittedly Davies won’t be on nothing and we’d have to factor rnd / freeman’s wages coming back.

Wasn’t jags on a big wage Yogi and Bladeinleeds. Sure I heard it was 40k plus. Ive included jags because im trying to work out the difference between last season and this seaso effectively any sales or departures this year.

that’s fair - though I think the assumption would have been we’d replace some of them. We don’t have any back up centrebacK

be interested to know what we ended up shedding out for like 6minutes of Rodwell

admittedly Davies won’t be on nothing and we’d have to factor rnd / freeman’s wages coming back.
Yeah I think we’ve saved a fair amount this summer certainly enough to cover some loans.

I think if low was reportedly being on 15k a week is true you can assume the likes of Burke/ramsdale/ jags were all comfortably over 20k. Lundstram wasnt on a huge contract but wasn’t on nowt.

I presume that for the loans we may well be paying some of it but still a decent amount off

Unless Nuno likes the look of Sessegnon, he's been slightly discarded by Spurs.

But although Brewster had a bad season, I'm not sure they're players of equal value in the crazy old transfer market.

Brewster would still be valued at £15-20mill considering our recent investment.

Sessegnon did okay in Bundesliga I believe, but his star has faded overall and pretty much shunned by Spurs. So it's unlikely anyone would pay above £5-10mill.
I'm not a big fan of Transfermarkt as a source of precise valuations but it can be used to see how others view players comparatively.

They see Sessegnon at 18m Euros and Brewster at 12m Euros.

Until Brewster gets a run of goals, his Swansea period can be dismissed as a purple patch, given it was part of a season rather than a full one. Harsh as it may seem, because many are subs, but in the press they'll remark Brewster has scored 1 goal in 34 matches and no assists. That's not impressive by any means.

In fact it doesn't stack up that well against Sessegnon who plays in a less advanced role. He got 2 in 29 and 3 assists, and 17 of those were at left back.

I think either way, there may be a chance to get him given his low confidence and the pull of his previous manager. That's why we could do with a win today though because a few points can be the difference from looking a good side who had a bad start to just a bad side.

It's not as if Spurs have no options on the left. They have Reguilon and Davies in defence and Son/Gil/Bergwijn who all play left wing.

I presume that for the loans we may well be paying some of it but still a decent amount off

You’re probably right, but I’d hope not to be honest.

certainly when the player generated some interest like low you’d hope to turn that into a good / full contribution and loan fee.

similar to what Man U did to us on hendo.

I wonder how Spurs would react if you proposed a straight swap between Sessegnon and Brewster?

Similar purchase profiles. Sessegnon has hardly set the world alight at Spurs so they can hardly claim much of an uptick in the 20-odd million they bought him for.

They will have similar wage profiles.

Sessegnon has just had some bad press. Spurs don't have many striker options, below Kane it's 19 year olds with little experience. Brewster has been at a big club before and still has time to develop.

Probably nobody will think of it, but as a loan swap or full transfer swap, I see winners on all sides.
i put the berge sessignon loan swap on here last week

Back
Top Bottom