Player Suggestion Ryan Sessegnon - loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
Could be out for loan for 2021, i'm thinking could he be a rotation option with Enda? This would allow Osborn to focus on the CM position. He has been occupying LB/LM this season for the game he has played for spurs, could be perfect fit at LWB with license to get further up the field.

Now I know he's good, but he'd have to be very fucking good to usurp Enda in that position regularly.
I don't think any top team would loan us a wing back, they know the likelihood of them taking Baldock and Stevens positions is slim to none.

Sessegnon is a better footballer I've no doubt about that but there's so much more to it than that.
It'd be a great move for us, but not for him or Spurs I don't think.

And there's my mature answer.

Its a good shout but would rather us sign someone on loan who we can buy at the end of it. When we were in the Championship you just need better players and we couldn't often afford to make loans permanently. We're in a different position now obviously, and can afford decent players permanently. Enda's done very well this season, we've also got Norrington-Davies coming through and he looks promising and we have Osborne as back up. I think RWB needs more strengthening as does RCB and CB, centre mid, centre forward and goalkeeper, if Hendo doesn't come back. I know that's most of the team there!

Could be out for loan for 2021, i'm thinking could he be a rotation option with Enda? This would allow Osborn to focus on the CM position. He has been occupying LB/LM this season for the game he has played for spurs, could be perfect fit at LWB with license to get further up the field.

I’m just picturing the spelling variations on here. The John Swift thread was a timely cautionary reminder. This move for that reason is a no from me.

I’m just picturing the spelling variations on here. The John Swift thread was a timely cautionary reminder. This move for that reason is a no from me.
We'd Sheffieldize it to Cec.
Never going to happen though.

Why use a loan and a great chunk of money on a player that would be a sub for most games and why would he join Utd to be a sub? Surely he'd only go somewhere where he's pretty much guaranteed game time?

Can see him back at Fulham on loan, they have the money to pay the wages

Can see him back at Fulham on loan, they have the money to pay the wages
my thinking too tbh, he needs to prove he can cut it at another club away from Fulham/Tottenham though

Sessegnon could be an amazing signing if they make him available. As he moved so young, his wages might not be too far past £20k mark (pure guesswork, i have no idea). He knows us too.

he is being linked with barca but if they do decide to keep i’d imagine he would be loaned out to epl club who can provide game time
we’d be a brilliant option, he can play in position with license to attack, wilder would instil confidence and energy, and we are probably the highest placed club who can allow him 1st team appearances

Guardian report Ajax and Fulham want Sessegnon, and Jose is deciding whether to keep him. Use that bro-mance CW!

Screenshot_20200822-131516.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200822-131547.png
    Screenshot_20200822-131547.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 23
Now I know he's good, but he'd have to be very fucking good to usurp Enda in that position regularly.
I don't think any top team would loan us a wing back, they know the likelihood of them taking Baldock and Stevens positions is slim to none.

Sessegnon is a better footballer I've no doubt about that but there's so much more to it than that.
It'd be a great move for us, but not for him or Spurs I don't think.

And there's my mature answer.

If enda has 3 or 4 games like after lockdown again I doubt he will be playing many games for us next season. He was our worst player by a mile and if Osborne wasn’t playing centre mid I fully expect he would have taken his place at left back.

Could RNDs loan to Luton open this up?

Clearly a LWB is incoming if we’ve let him out.

A loan to Fulham would have looked likely with his connections/London etc. But they’ve got Robinson and given Bryan a new contract.

He’s also currently away on internationals with England U21s, so fits with CWs comments the other day.

Was Robinson just another Wilder smokescreen all along?

Could RNDs loan to Luton open this up?

Clearly a LWB is incoming if we’ve let him out.

A loan to Fulham would have looked likely with his connections/London etc. But they’ve got Robinson and given Bryan a new contract.

He’s also currently away on internationals with England U21s, so fits with CWs comments the other day.

Was Robinson just another Wilder smokescreen all along?

Unless we're going to play him ahead of Stevens then I'd say there is no chance. What's the point in swapping sitting on the bench at Spurs with sitting on our bench?

I think there's a fair chance we're after the Oduor lad.

Seen a couple of articles saying Sessegnon will be one of Spurs two left back options this season. The Athletic had a whole piece on him last week.

A shame because he'd be an amazing option at LWB and can play further forward, probably even as LCM in our system too.

Remember when he scored 4(!?) against us playing left wing? Lovely player.

Maybe revisit this one if he makes one mistake and Mourinho never gives him another chance.

Seen a couple of articles saying Sessegnon will be one of Spurs two left back options this season. The Athletic had a whole piece on him last week.

A shame because he'd be an amazing option at LWB and can play further forward, probably even as LCM in our system too.

Remember when he scored 4(!?) against us playing left wing? Lovely player.

Maybe revisit this one if he makes one mistake and Mourinho never gives him another chance.
He scored a hattrick in Fulham's 5-4 win at the Lane. Also on the scoresheet for Fulham was Sheyi Ojo who scored both the other Fulham goals; ours came from a Leon Clarke hattrick and a spotter's badge item: Samir Carruthers' only goal for us.

I'd like him but to be honest I don't see how he fits into the team, and there's 3 more pressing positions that need covering.

Agree. We have Stevens, Max Lowe (who's shot is coming), J Robinson, Osborn & Fleck who can all play the roles he occupies.

For me a LCB, a RCM & a striker concludes our business. Pretty important we do all three, but worry whether we can finance it.

Back
Top Bottom