Run of games after Villa, Wolves & Leeds...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

@samjohnson77

Reaction score
After the next 3 incredibly tough league fixtures - which if we can come out with 6/7 points would be a fantastic achievement we have the following;

Reading (A)
QPR (H)
Hull (A)
Burton (H)

4 games where a return of 12 points is incredibly feasible. If we come through the next 3 in good shape, we will be looking good going into the next 4.

UTB!

I had a look at who Wolves were playing up until March.

I have them down for six points...

After the next 3 incredibly tough league fixtures - which if we can come out with 6/7 points would be a fantastic achievement we have the following;

Reading (A)
QPR (H)
Hull (A)
Burton (H)

4 games where a return of 12 points is incredibly feasible. If we come through the next 3 in good shape, we will be looking good going into the next 4.

UTB!

We said something similar commencing with Burton in November. Take nothing for granted.

I was guilty of this thinking before the Burton game. I can’t believe we’re still in the play offs with our form through December and some of January
Because we earnt it with our start to the season and only 5 teams have managed to be infront of us up until now, hope this helps mate? :)

Yeah but if any of them fuckers try to park the bus this time we can deploy our triple threat of number 10s

Remind me how many points from our easy consecutive games against Walsall Gills and Fleetwood we got last season.

No disrespect to anyone but this thinking suggests you havent really watched us.

I'm more confident of us playing better and scoring against the better teams who try to play.

Sunderland and Hull are the only two crap teams we've dispatched easily scorewise.

6not being funny but take each game in isolation and they're are no easy games in this league
The one that should have been was the grunters with all their Injury's and downplaying the significance of the fixture

But we let them off the hook I'd rather play the top teams ,they have a go and that suits us

I do agree with the 'no easy games' because it's true, the better you get the more resilient and determined teams are to get the point and maybe pinch a goal. So never ever will it be an easy 3 points.

However, your point about the next 3 games will determine my hope for the season. If we come away with WDW, I would regard the play offs, at least, as the aim. If it is say LLD then fair enough, still having a great season, but we're probably looking at a top half finish.

One thing we've never been good at is winning the crunch games and Villa and Leeds are just those. Win em' both and I won't be able to stop getting carried away !!!

I do agree with the 'no easy games' because it's true, the better you get the more resilient and determined teams are to get the point and maybe pinch a goal. So never ever will it be an easy 3 points.

However, your point about the next 3 games will determine my hope for the season. If we come away with WDW, I would regard the play offs, at least, as the aim. If it is say LLD then fair enough, still having a great season, but we're probably looking at a top half finish.

One thing we've never been good at is winning the crunch games and Villa and Leeds are just those. Win em' both and I won't be able to stop getting carried away !!!
Sorry but recently we have done well in the crunch games under CW we usually come up with the answers like at the sty and at bell end road ........... away at Villa & Derby

we’re good at crunch games since Chris arrived it’s the mongs that park the bus that unsettled us when couttsy got injured

I’d like to think we could get at least 4 points from the next three as well.

UTB

I’m just glad Wilder doesn’t think as negative as some of our fans, he will be thinking the games in question are all winnable.

Really hoping someone signs Sessignon. Fulham are storming towards the playoffs at a pace. Losing him would really weaken them as he’s comfortably the best player in the league.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we won the next 3 then lost the next four.
This prediction waffle means just that.

FUCK ALL

No easy games in this division, also remember we are still a newly promoted side and should not have any right to think we will breeze past any opponent.

The actual score line matters so much less to me than it used to, because I know Wilder will want to win the game and set up accordingly, play on the front foot and do everything to get three points. That's all that matters to me, because the results will follow and I'll be proud of the lads even if we lose with that attitude.

I’m just glad Wilder doesn’t think as negative as some of our fans, he will be thinking the games in question are all winnable.
Of course they're winnable. Every game in this league is winnable. It doesn't mean we'll win them though. If I say 'we won't win every game until the end of the season' does it make me negative?

Because we earnt it with our start to the season and only 5 teams have managed to be infront of us up until now, hope this helps mate? :)

Yeah, that’s the reason you need a good start, it’s inevitable you’ll drop points but from what I was told by certain sections of the championship I thought that like La liga we’d have dropped out by now

We said something similar commencing with Burton in November. Take nothing for granted.

Indeed. It works both ways though. No titans.

I guess when we said something similar, none of us envisaged the Coutts-Royce would be involved in an RTA? Personally, my heart sank and I feared that which came to pass.

I’m much happier now Lee Evans has arrived to do a bit of Couttsying. Until he’s moved to left wing-back where he’s been recruited to play, of course...

Back
Top Bottom