Rumour Mill PHASE 5 approaching 6

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whilst I loved RC's updates as much as the next man last summer does anyone truly believe that him posting a few tit bits on here actually led to us missing out on any of our targets?

The reason any club loses out on a player to another club is due to the players agent hawking their client around for the best deal.

A higher transfer fee and wages means their "cut" of said deal is higher. Now someone less cynical than me would probably try and claim that the only thing they are trying to do is the best for their client but the truth is they will usually do what's best for themselves.

That fly on the wall documentary a couple of years ago proved that when the agent refused to allow those 2 lads to sign on loan. They don't think long term and are only after the highest deal rather than what's best for their client.
1599166147372.gif

Phase 6 - reality, Wilders targets are no longer speculation, him and Bettis go to work and we hold our breath. I think Phase 6 will start over the weekend or early next week. I’ll guess (cause that’s all it is). At this point Alan Biggs reports we’ve dropped our interest in Cash from Forest.
I think we can say we are now in phase 6. Stand down from Phase 5, Mr Meadows has left the building.

Excuse me for interrupting the fun, but does anyone think that Wilders attitude to transfer targets has changed based on the tail end of our season?
I always felt that we could have tried a little rotation of players earlier in the season, but a Wilder was very consistent in his starting line ups.
Our form slumped in general during lockdown, simply based on the compressed fixture list brought about by Covid measures.
A lot of our regulars looked knackered at times, so with a potential spike in Covid for this coming winter, Wilder might be planning more rotation this time around. We are a very fit side but crammed fixtures cost us last time around?

Excuse me for interrupting the fun, but does anyone think that Wilders attitude to transfer targets has changed based on the tail end of our season?
I always felt that we could have tried a little rotation of players earlier in the season, but a Wilder was very consistent in his starting line ups.
Our form slumped in general during lockdown, simply based on the compressed fixture list brought about by Covid measures.
A lot of our regulars looked knackered at times, so with a potential spike in Covid for this coming winter, Wilder might be planning more rotation this time around. We are a very fit side but crammed fixtures cost us last time around?
Only as crammed as everyone else’s fixtures

A very good point. I still think the squad suffered though, wether it was overtraining between matches, or just mental fatigue. We didn’t deal with it very well as a team, and I’m at a loss to think of another reason?
Maybe our lack of rotation earlier in the season and other sides having bigger squads 🤷‍♂️
Any other explanations welcomed.

Actually we had to worst schedule based on downtime between matches, due to how the cup games were arranged, and we also had the toughest run in based on league placement.
Couple that with probably the weakest squad depth along with Norwich, and the increase in subs helping those bigger teams we had to play and it was a pretty perfect horseshit sandwich for us to swallow. We couldn’t cope with the new schedule because we weren’t designed for it. The majority of the established PL teams have better depth and therefore had a significant advantage which played out with the final table.

We lacked depth, Wilder said that, we all knew that, that was our problem in our first season back in the championship, he learnt, following season were up.
Last season was exactly the same, Wilder did what was needed to stay up, this season he create depth, and we go to Europe, simples.

We lacked depth, Wilder said that, we all knew that, that was our problem in our first season back in the championship, he learnt, following season were up.
Last season was exactly the same, Wilder did what was needed to stay up, this season he create depth, and we go to Europe, simples.

Agree....The post lockdown period showed our weakness.
When we were playing every 3 days, forced to use extensive squad rotation and use 5 subs.......we were never as good.

The bonus with having Bogle. Lowe and Ampadu next season is
it puts massive pressure on the whole defence to raise their game further.
Last season our defence was one of the best in the league....it was scoring goals where we struggled.
So I’d just like to see us have better attack options.
The spotlight turns on to McBurnie and Mousset.....to see if they can establish themselves as proper PL standard strikers.

Agree....The post lockdown period showed our weakness.
When we were playing every 3 days, forced to use extensive squad rotation and use 5 subs.......we were never as good.

The bonus with having Bogle. Lowe and Ampadu next season is
it puts massive pressure on the whole defence to raise their game further.
Last season our defence was one of the best in the league....it was scoring goals where we struggled.
So I’d just like to see us have better attack options.
The spotlight turns on to McBurnie and Mousset.....to see if they can establish themselves as proper PL standard strikers.
Unfortunately and a bit scary, we have heard nothing of JOC!?, I heard a rumour that he needed an OP, but that got shot down, strange though, unless he's off?????

Unfortunately and a bit scary, we have heard nothing of JOC!?, I heard a rumour that he needed an OP, but that got shot down, strange though, unless he's off?????
United posted a picture of him in the stands against Preston, Wilder then said in his interview after he'd be 100% fit for Wolves on Monday.

United posted a picture of him in the stands against Preston, Wilder then said in his interview after he'd be 100% fit for Wolves on Monday.
I know, Wilder says lots, but it would be nice to know it's just a knock he's taken or whether it's just covid related, cos I've not seen him in any training clips so far??

I know, Wilder says lots, but it would be nice to know it's just a knock he's taken or whether it's just covid related, cos I've not seen him in any training clips so far??
think it was a mixture of quarantine then injury

A very good point. I still think the squad suffered though, wether it was overtraining between matches, or just mental fatigue. We didn’t deal with it very well as a team, and I’m at a loss to think of another reason?
Maybe our lack of rotation earlier in the season and other sides having bigger squads 🤷‍♂️

Key players off form - that's the most obvious reason to me. The likes of Fleck and Norwood in particular, who we've depended on so much as the engine in that midfield, came back and were firing on 3 cylinders it seemed. I don't think it's much to do with anything other than that tbh. What would have made it better is if we had got more quality in depth.

I forgot Phase 7.......

This is when we have got or lost all our targets.

Suddenly the Rumours Board becomes a redundant ghost town and we all emigrate to the General Blades Chat or General chat to complain about the feckin inconsiderate cyclists and the nobs in Lycra riding them.

However, there are a few members who refuse to let certain threads die for some unknown reason, threads like Calum Robinson, Antwonee, Cash etc.

Until the next window opens all I can say is Merry Christmas ;)

Our system is unique and complex it requires constant repetitive drilling group and intense close contact work
My opinion is that Due to Covid that is what scuppered us and might do now

Given that Wilder will be deeply affected by this issue, whatever the cause, he has probably discussed it with his own experts in strength, fitness and conditioning, and any possible medical causes.
He is not likely to enjoy, or accept a repeat of whatever the cause might be. I hope it’s a one off that can be rectified anyway.
Covid is relatively new and a global issue. I trust that no stone will be left unturned, whatever the cause turns out to be.

Back
Top Bottom