Roy's End Of Season Awards

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Excellent stuff Roygbiv . I see a pattern emerging:

Wendy, West Brom, Norwich & Hull: Utterly delusional, think they belong in a higher division, never-has-beens and bitter that a team and manager like wot we've got can put them in their place. Best Quotes? (I've left Wendy out because they talk fluent shite):

Dull City: "...made even worse by their new found big time persona despite playing in no mans land for **** knows how many years”. In years to come, the thought of Dull being in the top flight will seem as incredible as Blackpool, Oldham or Bradford City. 'No mans land'? Said a fan from The Land That Time Forgot. Enjoy the geese.

DSNC:
“How on earth did we not get Woodburn from Liverpool given the Dortmund link?" Er, the 'link' being you both play in yellow?

Middlesborough: Accepting that their 'time in the sun' is over and their manager is shite. Unlike Wednesday, West Brom, Hull etc.

Blackburn & Huddersfield: Honest fans who know their place in the natural order (like us).

The cast iron certainty on Pork Talk that they are being promoted next season is astonishing.

HMS Piss the Leauge is currently refuelling and preparing to set sail on another successful all conquering voyage of shite:-

Hila.jpg

As always, good stuff weird one.

I'd forgotten how spot on the Blackburn fans were in assessing our abilities. The Hull thing goes back to the late 60s, early 70s when we were both vying for promotion. A few tasty games on and off the field, and they've held a grudge ever since, but they must all be in their late 50s and early 60s, younger fans will be a bit WTF?

I forecast lots of verbal pats on the head in the coming season, and other condescending bollocks, but not from the bigger clubs but from inflated egos in Burnley, Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford and the like.

Even by your own standards that's a terrific effort , Roy .

Much appreciated .

Thanks Roygbiv your summaries are something so many of us look out for.

I wondered if you might consider doing an end of season review on our players sent out on loan. The youngsters and also the senior players who although listed may come back into the fold if no takers (however unlikely that might seem). In the way that Coutts and Freeman did when Wilder arrived.

Thanks again and here's to our Premier League campaign.

I think Ball_Sup (Phil) might be the man to review the youngsters. As an added bonus you get reviews of Hoptimus Prime, Tactical Nuclear Penguin, Citra Ass Down and other notable liquid refreshment.

P.S. Tactical is a lethal brew, I had a 1/3 pint which was more than enough to addle the brain. Chuff knows what a pint would do.

I think Ball_Sup (Phil) might be the man to review the youngsters. As an added bonus you get reviews of Hoptimus Prime, Tactical Nuclear Penguin, Citra Ass Down and other notable liquid refreshment.

P.S. Tactical is a lethal brew, I had a 1/3 pint which was more than enough to addle the brain. Chuff knows what a pint would do.

One of the strongest beers in the world, isn't it?

SouthEssexBlade I'm a bit pompous about Tactical Nuclear Penguin (& similar). Basically, I don't think it's beer. To produce traditional spirits, you make "beer" & then boil it again & again & again - the liquid boils off, the alcohol doesn't. So you concentrate it from 4% to 40% by boiling/distilling. You wouldn't still call that beer, it's a spirit. For Tactical NP you freeze off the liquid to concentrate the alcohol - it's making a spirit by freezing rather than boiling. It's a piss take.

SouthEssexBlade I'm a bit pompous about Tactical Nuclear Penguin (& similar). Basically, I don't think it's beer. To produce traditional spirits, you make "beer" & then boil it again & again & again - the liquid boils off, the alcohol doesn't. So you concentrate it from 4% to 40% by boiling/distilling. You wouldn't still call that beer, it's a spirit. For Tactical NP you freeze off the liquid to concentrate the alcohol - it's making a spirit by freezing rather than boiling. It's a piss take.

It had a strange taste, a sort of mix of bourbon, rum and nail varnish. I'll stick with Camden Ink for a stout.

It had a strange taste, a sort of mix of bourbon, rum and nail varnish. I'll stick with Camden Ink for a stout.
(titters) I'm a bit pompous about Camden Ink - since they sold to Evil Big Beer Anheuser-Busch InBev. Have you got a list written down of beers that you know will make me sound pompous - because you're pushing all the right buttons.

(titters) I'm a bit pompous about Camden Ink - since they sold to Evil Big Beer Anheuser-Busch InBev. Have you got a list written down of beers that you know will make me sound pompous - because you're pushing all the right buttons.

I'll keep trying. :)

I hadn't realised Camden had sold on. Explains the reduction in availability of beers to just a few.

OK, my latest favourite is Quadrant, an oatmeal stout by the East London Brewing Co. Fruity, hints of coffee in the finish and a suggestion of dark chocolate.
As a bottled beer, Hoxton Stout by the Redchurch Brewery takes a bit of beating. (are those on your list?)

As you may have realised, I'm not one for the supercharged hop hits of the craft scene, more than two sips and I'm feeling sick.

Absolutely FANTASTIC read that Roy and I know you awarded the FUNNNIESTaward to the pigs but surely MOST DELUSIONAL and FAIRY HEADED must be theirs as well !! Never in my life have I read such fantasies and how those mugs muct have felt when we clinched promotion !!
Love it and many thanks Roy

Brilliant that Roy. Never been called a c(bl)unt before - priceless :D

I'll keep trying. :)

I hadn't realised Camden had sold on. Explains the reduction in availability of beers to just a few.

OK, my latest favourite is Quadrant, an oatmeal stout by the East London Brewing Co. Fruity, hints of coffee in the finish and a suggestion of dark chocolate.
As a bottled beer, Hoxton Stout by the Redchurch Brewery takes a bit of beating. (are those on your list?)

As you may have realised, I'm not one for the supercharged hop hits of the craft scene, more than two sips and I'm feeling sick.
SouthEssexBlade Congratulations. The Breweries you mention have the Carrier Bag Firm Seal Of Approval. Redchurch was the 60th of the 104 Breweries I have visited this season. I had a mad Hibiscus & Lime Sour. I can enjoy most beers. But, I'm an unreconstructed Hop Head at base. Hop it to Hell. But, I love hearing about other people's likes. I'm a big fan of modern British keg stouts.

Back
Top Bottom