Pre-Season 17/18 Rotherham United v. Sheffield United - 21/07/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Match thread for the SOLD OUT (Blades end) friendly this evening...

Moore
Basham Stearman O'Connell
Freeman Coutts Fleck Stevens
Brooks Lavery
Sharp

Ideally Carruthers and Duffy on for Coutts and Lavery after 60 minutes, and 20 minutes for Evans and Baldock if they're fit.

Moore
Basham Stearman O'Connell
Freeman Coutts Fleck Stevens
Brooks Lavery
Sharp

Ideally Carruthers and Duffy on for Coutts and Lavery after 60 minutes, and 20 minutes for Evans and Baldock if they're fit.
Sounds about right... is Clarke injured or don't you rate him?

Sounds about right... is Clarke injured or don't you rate him?

Neither, I hope he gets game time, I just want to see us play 2 behind 1 striker, like we did late on at Chesterfield. It would make sense to see how our main striker (Billy) looks in that setup first of all.

I think we'll go with Sharp and Clarke again though, and probably Carruthers too.

Anywhere to listen in for the game? Any streams?

Slightly concerning that Evans, who was already on his own training schedule prior to the trip overseas, has been absent since his brief sole appearance so far this preseason. If this is a sign of some lingering fitness issues, perhaps this is why Wilder suggests he's looking for "possibly one more up front".

Slightly concerning that Evans, who was already on his own training schedule prior to the trip overseas, has been absent since his brief sole appearance so far this preseason. If this is a sign of some lingering fitness issues, perhaps this is why Wilder suggests he's looking for "possibly one more up front".

It is a slight concern but you only have to look at how long it was before Lavary got an extended run in the side . After being bombed out at swillsborough he was no where near where CW likes his players to be in terms of fitness. I'd read the same into the situation regarding Evans . CW just won't expose him too quickly imo

Anyone heard owt about Lundy McLundface?

It is a slight concern but you only have to look at how long it was before Lavary got an extended run in the side . After being bombed out at swillsborough he was no where near where CW likes his players to be in terms of fitness. I'd read the same into the situation regarding Evans . CW just won't expose him too quickly imo
That's why we need another striker.
Clarke is good ,but gets bloody injured.
Hanson. Meh.
Lavery. I said last season that he would make the best impact sub as he runs his bollards of and gets in behind players.yet to see this over 90 minutes.
Ched. Could be the next Diego. Cotton wool treatment.
Sharp.needs to start well this season.
The striker position is the most important.
We are covered pretty well in other positions.
But next season we have to score on a competitive basis.
That's my main worry.

That's why we need another striker.
Clarke is good ,but gets bloody injured.
Hanson. Meh.
Lavery. I said last season that he would make the best impact sub as he runs his bollards of and gets in behind players.yet to see this over 90 minutes.
Ched. Could be the next Diego. Cotton wool treatment.
Sharp.needs to start well this season.
The striker position is the most important.
We are covered pretty well in other positions.
But next season we have to score on a competitive basis.
That's my main worry.
Except no cover for goalkeeper

Back
Top Bottom