Rodwell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I would love to be paid 1000s per week to do a spot of training a few days a week, have a bit of lunch in the club canteen, then fck off home for the rest of the day. What an utter cnt he is.
At least we aren’t paying him £80k+ a week to do that.

Rodwell is microcosm of our recruitment failings.

'Strengthening' (term used loosely) the squad rather than first team, and signing players who are cheap & very clearly backups rather than genuine contenders for the position. It's no surprise majority of the core have dipped massively.

See Lowe, Robinson, Rodwell, Fod, Jagielka, Osborn, Burke, Freeman, Morrison, Bogle, Bryan. This is just a list of average or poor players.

This also means we have a woeful bench, and have no game changers.

The only players who have been signed with a genuine cemented first team place have been Ramsdale and Berge. You could argue the strikers (Mousset, Brewster & McB) have been aimed at starters, but we haven't been able to get a tune out of any of them or a proper partnership.

Easy to be critical as higher ability = higher price, but signing player better than what we have is fundamental to improving a squad. Not signing slightly 'better' backups and hoping this gives the first teamer a rocket.

I don't want to argue, but those 3 were probably the lowest paid non-teenage players in the premier league.

Even if they never played, they've brought elements of experience and quality to the training ground.

You might have noticed we did quite well in the Premier League before the pandemic.

I understand it's easier to be negative and pessimistic about everything, but sometimes there are good reasons and positive notes, that may not spring to mind immediately.

(N.B. Not aimed at you Champagne, just fans in general)
No offense taken. I do tend to agree and it’s maybe the historical Sheffield United fan in me speaking. It’s easy to be easy come easy go with money in the PL.

I think I’d rather have seen youngsters given more of a go. If it comes to Rodwell or say Slater, I personally lean towards Slater. We kept being told the kids are not ready. Jebbeson showed more promise than Burke and Mousset have done all season.

Lowe just seems a really pointless signing, as if there isn’t a plan for him at all. We have a plethora of players who can play left wing back.

I can accept players not working out. I just don’t really get, or buy into the plan for a number of these players when it’s really clear early doors the management don’t trust them.

I agree they will not be on much. Not much in the PL can be 10-15k per week. We’re now relegated and reportedly looking for 40m. You look back and think, that could be two major players if one is Berge. If we had an extra few million, maybe it would be one major player and a bit part player or two.

I do accept some players bring added professionalism, jags for instance. One or two others, I’m just struggling with!

Rodwell is microcosm of our recruitment failings.

'Strengthening' (term used loosely) the squad rather than first team, and signing players who are cheap & very clearly backups rather than genuine contenders for the position. It's no surprise majority of the core have dipped massively.

See Lowe, Robinson, Rodwell, Fod, Jagielka, Osborn, Burke, Freeman, Morrison, Bogle, Bryan. This is just a list of average or poor players.

This also means we have a woeful bench, and have no game changers.

The only players who have been signed with a genuine cemented first team place have been Ramsdale and Berge. You could argue the strikers (Mousset, Brewster & McB) have been aimed at starters, but we haven't been able to get a tune out of any of them or a proper partnership.

Easy to be critical as higher ability = higher price, but signing player better than what we have is fundamental to improving a squad. Not signing slightly 'better' backups and hoping this gives the first teamer a rocket.
I wouldn't put Jagielka in the "average or poor" bracket. A bit past his best maybe. Freeman was a standout player for a couple of seasons in an average QPR team, and still hasn't had a proper chance with us.
The disappointing thing about Rodwell for me is that he never seemed to be available when we needed him. At times we had Baldock at RCB 'cause we had no-one else. Amazing how many injuries Rodwell picked up considering he never played.

the A League is basically League 2 standard from what I've seen of it. I don't understand why anyone would sign him after the last 4 seasons.

the A League is basically League 2 standard from what I've seen of it. I don't understand why anyone would sign him after the last 4 seasons.

A League gone from signing the likes of Del Piero and David Villa to Jack Rodwell.

I had a season ticket at Perth Glory many years ago. Standard wasn’t great, and I remember the “fanfare“ around signing never-was players like Kenny Dalglish’s boy. I don’t think it’s improved much since then.

I had a season ticket at Perth Glory many years ago. Standard wasn’t great, and I remember the “fanfare“ around signing never-was players like Kenny Dalglish’s boy. I don’t think it’s improved much since then.
It's got worse.

there are some fantastic footballers in Australia. Unfortunately for the A League they are all playing AFL.

It's got worse.

there are some fantastic footballers in Australia. Unfortunately for the A League they are all playing AFL.
That’s the curse of their winter sports. Much as I dislike ’the Cadbury Wallabies’ it’s a miracle they have a competitive international rugby union team, when virtually all of the best players are actually in the NRL or the AFL.

I quite enjoy watching the A league especially when we don't have matches,some start at 8am then another match straight after the only thing that bugs me is these decent size stadium's virtually empty even derby games

When you look at the transfer policy of Wilder it’s been very poor Carruthers, Ben Hennessy, Hussey, Holmes, these are in the early days where players get picked quite cheaply, he did complain that we were playing premiership football with mainly League one players but you do have to look at his purchases.

He’s got his love back for football apparently. A multi millionaire pissing and moaning playing football for a living. What an utter twat he really is.

Back
Top Bottom