RIP Jim Smith

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A top footy bloke, who certainly enjoyed a tipple.

RIP Jim

Jim and Harry, I can't think of two better guys to go for a drink with. Jim was a character from a bygone era, and memories of him will live long. Top bloke.

Strange; I was only readng his wikipedia page over the weekend. Always seemed one of the good guys.

He was my uncle on my Mums side although we weren't close since my mum died several years ago.
Decent bloke and always last man standing at family weddings, birthdays etc.
Good value for money could have listened to him talk all night.
Sadly had a stroke a couple of years ago and developed dementia. Terrible way to go his immediate family are obviously very upset.

Like others I never realised he was from Sheffield , always liked the bloke , RIP Jim .

Was there ever any talk of him becoming United's manager?

Was there ever any talk of him becoming United's manager?

I seem to vaguely remember his name being suggested as a possible candidate, probably mid 80's, when we were going through a bad patch, but I don't know if there was ever anything in it. It was probably based on his success with Oxford United and the fact he was a Sheffielder. (Used to be on United's books as a player).

I thought everyone knew he was a Sheffielder? He even had the archetypal "Sheffield face" to me. One that reflects years of hard work and a touch of cynicism - a sort of "tha what?" look about it...

1576050112737.png

I thought the guy was a good manager and having read a few reports over the past 24 hours since his passing, it seems like he was one hell of a decent human being too. RIP.

Always thought Jim was your dad when you first posted years ago that your dad supported Wendy, played for England Youth and kept out of the SUFC team by Brian Richardson! This confirms that my guess was wrong!
My Dad has NEVER supported the Pigs!!!!

Back
Top Bottom