Player Suggestion Right Wing Back's

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blades78

Reaction score
For me it's the weakest position in our side and needs improving. Freeman isn't good enough for championship football and Baldock is poor in the final third, although he is a decent defender and capable of getting from box to box. Alternatives for me;

Ryan Fredericks - West Ham. Just back from injury, outstanding in championship for Fulham and likely to be down the pecking order.

Ben Marshall - Norwich City. Plays all down the right hand side. Not getting a game at Norwich and quality crosser of the ball.

Jazz Richards - Cardiff. Just back from injury, out of contract summer 2019, so likely to be available.

Kyle Naughton - Swansea. Been in and out of the Swansea side who are looking to reduce their wage bill.

Moses Odubayo - Brentford. Out of contract summer 2019, was class a few years ago, had a bad injury but back playing regularly now. Still only 25.

Sam Byram - West Ham (on loan at Forest). Been out injured and down the pecking order now. Possible that Forest would send him back and West Ham could then loan to us.

Andy Yiadom - Reading. Highly rated at Barnsley, went to Reading which doesn't appear to have worked out for him.

All have better quality than Freeman and Baldock for me and are realistic targets.

Are all these wing backs?

I'll give you Fredericks, but the rest? Ben Marshall!?

Would like us to keep tabs on Odubajo to see if he can get back to where he was. Seems like a decent character who had a nightmare couple of years with injury.

Agree it’s a position to strengthen, as is LWB, but I guess we just go with Marvin for the rest of the season.

Unlikely we will strengthen it and we’ll be relying on Baldock and Stevens staying fit. Unless we are very unlucky and both get injured at the same time, JOC and Bash could cover the position and bring Cranie in.

At a push both could do it at the same time and we’d have Stearman, Cranie and Egan as the back 3.

I know it's only one game, but didn't think much of Yiadom when he played against us

For me it's the weakest position in our side and needs improving. Freeman isn't good enough for championship football and Baldock is poor in the final third, although he is a decent defender and capable of getting from box to box. Alternatives for me;

Ryan Fredericks - West Ham. Just back from injury, outstanding in championship for Fulham and likely to be down the pecking order.

Ben Marshall - Norwich City. Plays all down the right hand side. Not getting a game at Norwich and quality crosser of the ball.

Jazz Richards - Cardiff. Just back from injury, out of contract summer 2019, so likely to be available.

Kyle Naughton - Swansea. Been in and out of the Swansea side who are looking to reduce their wage bill.

Moses Odubayo - Brentford. Out of contract summer 2019, was class a few years ago, had a bad injury but back playing regularly now. Still only 25.

Sam Byram - West Ham (on loan at Forest). Been out injured and down the pecking order now. Possible that Forest would send him back and West Ham could then loan to us.

Andy Yiadom - Reading. Highly rated at Barnsley, went to Reading which doesn't appear to have worked out for him.

All have better quality than Freeman and Baldock for me and are realistic targets.

Are you having a laugh

Baldock is brilliant and Freeman needs more game time as not the player he was before injury

Look at LWB and cover for Stevens. Not so ‘magical’ Marvin........

Are you having a laugh

Baldock is brilliant and Freeman needs more game time as not the player he was before injury

Look at LWB and cover for Stevens. Not so ‘magical’ Marvin........

No not having a laugh. Right Wing Back should be helping create goals. Baldock has 1 assist in his previous 45 games!! Compare that to Stevens who has 10 assists in his last 70 games. We are talking about challenging for promotion and 1 assist from a key position isn't good enough I'm afraid.
We ve got a limited budget and you are more interested in spending it on back up options. Personally I'd prefer to improve the starting 11.

No not having a laugh. Right Wing Back should be helping create goals. Baldock has 1 assist in his previous 45 games!! Compare that to Stevens who has 10 assists in his last 70 games. We are talking about challenging for promotion and 1 assist from a key position isn't good enough I'm afraid.
We ve got a limited budget and you are more interested in spending it on back up options. Personally I'd prefer to improve the starting 11.

Stevens is good enough because he’s got 10 assists in his last 70 games but we need a replacement Right Wing Back despite having Freeman who has 10 assists and 13 goals in his last 70 games?

Stevens is good enough because he’s got 10 assists in his last 70 games but we need a replacement Right Wing Back despite having Freeman who has 10 assists and 13 goals in his last 70 games?

But only 2 goals and 4 assists in championship.

But only 2 goals and 4 assists in championship.

Enda Stevens has 6 assists this season in 25 games, an assist every 4.16 games. Freeman has 4 assists and 1 goal in 16 games, an assist every 4 games.

upload_2019-1-9_6-21-43.gif

Jazz Nice!

Think baldock had largely been excellent since coming back in to be honest. All about balance, as a rule bash gets further forward than JOC so maybe we don't need as much from baldock as we get from Enda... we don't exactly struggle getting the ball in the box. We'll not be bringing anyone in for RWB in this window that's for sure

Think baldock had largely been excellent since coming back in to be honest. All about balance, as a rule bash gets further forward than JOC so maybe we don't need as much from baldock as we get from Enda... we don't exactly struggle getting the ball in the box. We'll not be bringing anyone in for RWB in this window that's for sure

My thoughts exactly.

Baldock has been brilliant this season, especially last few games. the issue for me is that down the left Stevens/JOC seam to get the ball over into the box, but down the right Baldock/Freeman/Bash dont as much, and therefore its a numbers game.

That said, for me, the RWB position is strong with good starting, and cover player.

I really don’t get the desperation to replace Freeman, Baldock and Stevens. They have all got good points, they have all stepped up to the plate and 1 x is currently struggling with form. Wtf?

Baldocks better than all of them bar freedricks me thinks

Enda Stevens has 6 assists this season in 25 games, an assist every 4.16 games. Freeman has 4 assists and 1 goal in 16 games, an assist every 4 games.

what-if-i-told-you-what_o_1025400.gif

Back
Top Bottom