Right Mid (Berge out for 3 Months)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sometimes you just got to go with what you have, Bogle as an option in right mid is ok. Lundstram, well Lallana (was it) left his leg in to 'win the sending off' - FFS is that what football has come to? Choices are getting smaller and smaller, Ampadu hasn't really imposed himself but Norwood has been crap. Has Burke done enough for left midfield slot? I don't know, I have to remind myself it's only a game (when you lose) as otherwise it's too worrying.

So let me get this straight. We have an issue with no right footed midfielders, but playing a Right Back there isn't the solution. But oh the left of midfield , where we have no injuries, we play a LB instead.

Am I misunderstanding this?!

So, a young lad, who has played his entire career from being a kid to now, down the right hand side, has never started a game in his natural position or secondary (more advanced) positions in the Premier league, and you want to throw him in as a central midfielder against Everton. Who hace a really good midfied? Even though, he looks a bit lightweight and not show he's a great tackler or likely to be able to play that position?! I don't want to play a LWB in LCM but at least Enda is experience and often drifts inside and seems to have more of the attributes needed.

Maybe Enda as DM and Osborn on the left. Fleck has been bad and needs to be dropped. Whoever comes in at RM or LM we're going to be weak. Sadly, there is no great answer. He'll possibly end up playing Norwood as the DM and Ampadu on the right.

I mean, correcct me if I'm wrong, but if you wanted to play a RWB in the RCM slot, surely Baldock would make more sense?

So, a young lad, who has played his entire career from being a kid to now, down the right hand side, has never started a game in his natural position or secondary (more advanced) positions in the Premier league, and you want to throw him in as a central midfielder against Everton. Who hace a really good midfied? Even though, he looks a bit lightweight and not show he's a great tackler or likely to be able to play that position?! I don't want to play a LWB in LCM but at least Enda is experience and often drifts inside and seems to have more of the attributes needed.

Maybe Enda as DM and Osborn on the left. Fleck has been bad and needs to be dropped. Whoever comes in at RM or LM we're going to be weak. Sadly, there is no great answer. He'll possibly end up playing Norwood as the DM and Ampadu on the right.

I mean, correcct me if I'm wrong, but if you wanted to play a RWB in the RCM slot, surely Baldock would make more sense?

No I never once suggested playing any RWB in midfield, but given injuries it would be more understandable than dropping out first choice left mid to move our LWB into midfield .

Time for Bash to take the RCM position for a while

Yeah why not? we have nothing to lose playing Bogle there. Fresh legs with pace. Dont see why not

I really don’t care about this. I think we’ll play more like a team scrapping against relegation without him in the team. Just a shame we can’t sell him next month now. I’m not saying he’s shit, but Osborn is better for us than Berge in our current predicament.

No I never once suggested playing any RWB in midfield, but given injuries it would be more understandable than dropping out first choice left mid to move our LWB into midfield .

We'll have to agree to disagree there. Our first choice midfielder is also currently a liability. If he wasn't you could play Osborn in DM and Ampadu on the right.

There's always Jack Rodwell.....

We'll have to agree to disagree there. Our first choice midfielder is also currently a liability. If he wasn't you could play Osborn in DM and Ampadu on the right.

There's always Jack Rodwell.....

Personally if I wanted a 3 for a game like Everton I'd go : Osborn, Ampadu and Norwood. Fleck isn't done for me, but against Everton we'll need legs in midfield, Osborn gives us that.
I'd also like to see McGoldrick paying behind Burke and Brewster or Moose. Deeper midfield two of: Fleck/Osborn and Ampadu

Personally if I wanted a 3 for a game like Everton I'd go : Osborn, Ampadu and Norwood. Fleck isn't done for me, but against Everton we'll need legs in midfield, Osborn gives us that.
I'd also like to see McGoldrick paying behind Burke and Brewster or Moose. Deeper midfield two of: Fleck/Osborn and Ampadu

I can't see him playing with a 10 against Everton. Although, having said that, there's nothing stopping us playing Osborn and Ampadu as defensive midfielders and allowing McGoldrick to get further a bit more. He'd have to do a lot of work coming back though. That's the only problem.

Bogle is not a central midfielder.

Our midfield is 'interesting'

Ampadu is a shoe-in at the moment for me in the defensive central midfielder role

Fleck has been one of our worst players this season. Looks like a lower league layer. I'd rather play Osborn there but then we have no one, other than Norwood, to play on the right. Norwood has been our worst player.

So, if he keeps the same formation, something has got to give. I'm vaguely tempted to drop Fleck for Stevens. as random as it sounds.

Whatever happens we desperately need to sign at least one midfielder in January.
So you're saying we shouldn't play a wing back in central midfield, but should instead play a wingback in central midfield?

So you're saying we shouldn't play a wing back in central midfield, but should instead play a wingback in central midfield?

Mot all wingbacks are the same.

One might be an international player with years of experience of playing in this team
One might have only ever played twice for us.

Didn't Stevens play in midfield for us once in the dim and distant past?

He can play LB, LWB, LCB and I believe he's played at CB on the left side before. So, can play more central.

Mot all wingbacks are the same.

One might be an international player with years of experience of playing in this team
One might have only ever played twice for us.

Didn't Stevens play in midfield for us once in the dim and distant past?

He can play LB, LWB, LCB and I believe he's played at CB on the left side before. So, can play more central.
Do you think there may be a reason that Stevens has played many positions during his career but not central midfield?

Well we were going down with him in the team, and we were tracking to go down with the record lowest points. It can scarcely be any worse in his absence can it? Even if we do replace him with an inferior player.

I hope he makes a quicker recovery than expected, and finds he can't get in the team because we're doing better without him.

Do you think there may be a reason that Stevens has played many positions during his career but not central midfield?

Why would a LB play CM unless it was an emergency?

I don't doubt his ability, I just don't think he fits in
THIS ^^^^^^^

Anyone who criticizes Berge seems to get slated as a hater. I think he’s bristling with talent and ambition, his work rate it also superb (apart from the last couple of games off the ball).

But the way he walked into our established system right from the off stinks to me of first team appearances written into his contract, this goes against the grain of CWAK picking the team each week on merit.

Should have given him the odd 20minutes and loads of extra training when he first arrived at the club.

Nowhere near good enough
I respectfully disagree and think he has qualities that would suit us (albeit he doesn’t solve any creativity issues). Have to consider who’s going to come in to a side that’s getting relegated and we also need to have an eye on a promotion challenge next season. Be a decent signing IMO, that said I haven’t seen him for about 18 months.

Lundstram had his happy ever after today. Are you allowed more than one loan from a club ,if so I could see us going for Drinkwater.

Bad news that I was hoping he'd stay fit so we could move him on, steady player but no game changer. Stuck with him for the rest of the season now.

Lundstram had his happy ever after today. Are you allowed more than one loan from a club ,if so I could see us going for Drinkwater.
Yeah he was a name that sprang to my mind too. I don’t particularly like him either but he fits the bill.

I respectfully disagree and think he has qualities that would suit us (albeit he doesn’t solve any creativity issues). Have to consider who’s going to come in to a side that’s getting relegated and we also need to have an eye on a promotion challenge next season. Be a decent signing IMO.
He’s actually slower than Norwood. As is Drinkwater. A midfielder with no pace in midfield in this division, is neither use nor ornament, as this season has taught us

Back
Top Bottom