Right Mid (Berge out for 3 Months)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The answer is 2 man cm with a cam for me, we looked way better today till lundstram got sent off, ampadu and osborn as the cms off today's performance, would like fleck if he gets back to himself

I'd love to see Burke and mousset up front bombing up the pitch together at full tilt lol, mousset being the only other striker that could probably keep pace with him

I, for one, hope he recovers well and wishes him the best. We need him fit for Norway. I hope this injury does not set him back too much. And I wish a better club with fans that deserves him gets to buy him soon. "Hasn't really done anything for the team". lol. Some of you guys are living in a parallell world or something.
Bollocks to Norway ,should have been born in a better country .

How would playing Norwood & Fleck be any worse than this????
Well it is this season, and Norwood has been removed as a consequence. Wilder hooking off Fleck after 30 minutes shows what he thinks of his performance too. Yes it's a shitshow but them two, in 2020, are not the answer.

Don't take anything to heart on here, if you stay around long enough you will realise that 80% on here couldn't spot a good player even if they won 100 caps playing for Brazil and won FIFA Player of the Year for 10 Years on the Trot.
They much prefer Bob Booker qualities, nothing wrong with Bob he was a battler but devoid of much skill and would look terribly out of place in the Premiership if he was playing now.
You only have to look how many suddenly think Bogle is the answer on a 25 min showing, don't get me wrong he looked good and deserves his chance against Everton.

Sander Berge is a very good player and will have a good career in any of Europes top leagues.
Unfortunately for us he's been surrounded by out of form or genuinely not good enough for the Premiership players whilst with us.

We were pushing for Europe when he signed. I don't buy this story that he's awesome and everyone else is the problem.

We were pushing for Europe when he signed. I don't buy this story that he's awesome and everyone else is the problem.

I didn't say he was awesome.
I'm he is about our only player that could continue to play at this level if we got relegated. It might not necessarily be in this country but I'm sure it will be one of the top league's in Europe.
One thing I will add about him is his head does seem to have dropped in his last two or three games maybe that ties in with the apparent bust up after the Leicester game.

Well we ain't got Berge nor can we recouped his fee in January.
And Lunny's out for 3 games.
So our squad is a bit like the Black Knight in Monty Python.

Baldock - basham - Egan - Ampadu - Stevens

Fleck - norwood

Mcgoldrick

Burke/mousse - brewster

OR

Baldock - Egan - Ampadu - Stevens

Basham - Osborn (basham covering the area between RCDM/RB and RCB, osbsorn doing the same on the other side)

Bogle - Mcgoldrick - Fleck

Brewster/Burke/mcburnie

OR

Baldock - Egan - Ampadu - stevens
Bogle - basham - fleck - Osborn
Burke/mousse - brewster/didz
The first one, I'd like to see in the Championship assuming we drop. There we will have the Lion's share of possession.

After Bogle's positive contribution I can certainly see him starting some games, especially with Lundstram and Berge unavailable immediately.

If you went 4-3-3 for instance:

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Bogle Ampadu/Norwood Osborn
Burke Mousset/Brewster McGoldrick

Baldock, Bogle, Burke and Basham. That would give the right side a really robust look with pace and althleticism. Left side not bad, filled with grafters.

For the next game though, i think we are going to have to outwork Everton.

I also don't think it is a game where we drop to a back 4 and rely on one to one defending given they have a very good strike pairing.

With that in mind I'd probably look at:

Ramsdale
Ampadu Egan Robinson
Baldock Basham Norwood Osborn Stevens
Burke McGoldrick

I see Basham as someone who covers more ground than Ampadu in getting up an down the pitch thus looking at a positional switch. Some natural run all day legs with Osborn and Basham in there but we also need some control there too, so I'd probably turn to Norwood again.

As pleasing as it was to see Bogle score and do well in that match situation, and I look forward to seeing more cameos, let's not thrust the responsibility upon him of fixing the midfield.

I think Burke's pace can push them back a bit too.

Always the worry where the goals will come from. Burke has to score eventually, he's getting into some decent positions and Didzy is looking sharp. I could also see Osborn as a potential scorer if given a run.

Alternatively could Burke play deeper at RCM? He'd certainly add pace to the centre of the pitch and allow a quick transition fr defence to attack. Perhaps:

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Robinson
Baldock Burke Ampadu Osborn Stevens
McGoldrick Mousset/Brewster

Ampadu I think would be better at sitting than Basham and would give more robustness than Norwood defensively.

It would put them on the backfoot if you cna get Burke breaking from midfield and Mousset would give the defence something to worry about even if he only gave you a half.

Last edited:
The first one, I'd like to see in the Championship assuming we drop. There we will have the Lion's share of possession.

After Bogle's positive contribution I can certainly see him starting some games, especially with Lundstram and Berge unavailable immediately.

If you went 4-3-3 for instance:

Ramsdale
Baldock Basham Egan Stevens
Bogle Ampadu/Norwood Osborn
Burke Mousset/Brewster McGoldrick

Baldock, Bogle, Burke and Basham. That would give the right side a really robust look with pace and althleticism. Left side not bad, filled with grafters.

For the next game though, i think we are going to have to outwork Everton.

I also don't think it is a game where we drop to a back 4 and rely on one to one defending given they have a very good strike pairing.

With that in mind I'd probably look at:

Ramsdale
Ampadu Egan Robinson
Baldock Basham Norwood Osborn Stevens
Burke McGoldrick

I see Basham as someone who covers more ground than Ampadu in getting up an down the pitch thus looking at a positional switch. Some natural run all day legs with Osborn and Basham in there but we also need some control there too, so I'd probably turn to Norwood again.

As pleasing as it was to see Bogle score and do well in that match situation, and I look forward to seeing more cameos, let's not thrust the responsibility upon him of fixing the midfield.

I think Burke's pace can push them back a bit too.

Always the worry where the goals will come from. Burke has to score eventually, he's getting into some decent positions and Didzy is looking sharp. I could also see Osborn as a potential scorer if given a run.

Alternatively could Burke play deeper at RCM? He'd certainly add pace to the centre of the pitch and allow a quick transition fr defence to attack. Perhaps:

Ramsdale
Basham Egan Robinson
Baldock Burke Ampadu Osborn Stevens
McGoldrick Mousset/Brewster

Ampadu I think would be better at sitting than Basham and would give more robustness than Norwood defensively.

It would put them on the backfoot if you cna get Burke breaking from midfield and Mousset would give the defence something to worry about even if he only gave you a half.
Lots of good points in there mate. I agree about not thrusting too much responsibility onto Bogle. People can be so quick to see a good 30 minutes and expect the second coming of the messiah. I’d rather see him gradually phased into the team, but I think throughout all of our poor performances, Baldock has been consistently good. Very underrated I think, so he doesn’t deserve to lose his place. I liked the system we played on the right when Bogle came on, with him at RM, drifting into the RWB slot and Baldock dropping into RCB at times. Perhaps that could be the answer on the right hand side, solid defensively and decent going forward.

If we are playing your first formation/team suggestion, I like it but I just don’t think Basham would be good enough in a 2, and I don’t think wilder does either. He’s always sacrificed first if we go to a back 4. He’s also probably not got it in him to play in a midfield 2 either. This might sound like absolute sacrilege but if we play that system, I see basham’s best role as on the bench. A perfect sub to bring on after 55 minutes to change the game. Bringing him on allows us to change to virtually any system we want.

Really like your suggestion for Burke playing a bit deeper at RCM. I think his attributes are suited for that. We’ve seen his vision and through ball ability (villa for the penalty), he’s neat and controlled on the ball, very energetic and physical enough to hold people off and potentially control a midfield. It could be his calling to be honest, especially as the weakest area of his game seems to be his finishing. The only problem is that in the immediate future, he offers far too much as a striker, (until we can get the moose fit again) because we are so reliant on his pace to pin teams back, stretch defences and press them. In the games where wilder bizarrely leaves him out of the squad altogether, I’d rather see him playing RCM.

I also agree with what you said about my suggestion being better suited to the championship as we would ‘have the lions share of possession’, but I really think if we play with confidence and a more attacking formation and on the front foot, we would have the lions share of it against 75% of the teams in this league too.

With that in mind, maybe we could see this:

Baldock - Egan - Ampadu - Stevens
Bogle - Burke - Norwood - fleck - Osborn
Mcgoldrick

With bogle and Baldock rotating like they did on Sunday, pushing back into a 5 at times. With Osborn tucking in to central midfield to pack it out, or dropping back when Stevens overlaps. Burke pushing on to transition midfield into attack, Norwood picking out all the overlaps and underlaps, mcgoldrick holding it up back to goal waiting for fleck, Osborn, bogle, Burke to make supporting runs. Basham to come on at 55 minutes to either replace a midfielder or switch it to a back 5 and start the overlapping cbs.

Just as an observation rather than a suggestion you understand. But...

Berge injured, Lundstram suspended. Busy Christmas schedule coming up, and a rule change to 9 subs.

If we don't see Rodwell on the bench at least, and maybe even getting the odd cameo of a few minutes, then that contract extension in the Summer really would seem a little bit strange. It's like the stars have aligned for him. I know we'll likely see him against Bristol Rovers, but it wouldn't surprise me if CW sees him as at least an option for the bench in the immediate future as well.

Back
Top Bottom