Right Mid (Berge out for 3 Months)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score

What's the plan Chris?

Are we going to offer Lundstram an improved contract as at the minute Bash is the only option ? A Lundstram equivalent would surely cost £12+ million are we better not just offering him a better deal? Whatever you think of todays refereeing decision our best performances in the premier league have nearly always involved Lundstram.

Last edited:

On today’s showing, Bogle is better than all of them.
Bogle played an interesting but different role him and Baldock rotated a lot baldock dropped in to centreback sometimes with Bogle dropping into wingback then Bogle would push up into a traditional right mid role with baldock shifting out to right back. It confused the hell out of Brighton as no one knew at any point who’s man Bogle was.

What's the plan Chris?

Are we going to offer Lundstram an improved contract as at the minute Bash is the only option ? A Lundstram equivalent would surely cost £12+ million are we better not just offering him a better deal? Whatever you think of todays referring decision out best performances in the premier league have nearly always involved Lundstram.

Lunny is done.
Bogle please and buy another midfielder.

But he didn’t play in the right centre mid spot today he switched between right wing back and a traditional right mid at will as we switched constantly between a 5-3-1 and a 4-4-1 which is what confused Brighton and caused them trouble. I’ve backed Bogle since we signed him and was very excited when we did sign him but his strengths aren’t suited to playing centre mid. He’s good on the outside where he can isolate a man and run at them one on one using his pace, directness and quick feet to cause problems. He isn’t going to dominate a game or dictate play from centre mid. If we do play him there and he struggles people will be quick to jump on the he’s shit our recruitment is terrible bandwagon and I don’t want to see it happen to the kid as he is a very good prospect.

Either that or go for another midfielder in january. Anyone in the academy to use?

Stick Bogle in.

For all of the qualities that Berge possesses there was no noticeable drop off in quality with him missing from the side today. In fact, there rarely is when he's out. His output is usually quite poor.
He's had the look of someone that doesn't want to be here in recent weeks.

We're down anyway, he won't be here next season, time to go into the market and see if we can replace him.

My only concern with Berge picking up this injury is whether that will make him harder to sell.

Bogle is not a central midfielder.

Our midfield is 'interesting'

Ampadu is a shoe-in at the moment for me in the defensive central midfielder role

Fleck has been one of our worst players this season. Looks like a lower league layer. I'd rather play Osborn there but then we have no one, other than Norwood, to play on the right. Norwood has been our worst player.

So, if he keeps the same formation, something has got to give. I'm vaguely tempted to drop Fleck for Stevens. as random as it sounds.

Whatever happens we desperately need to sign at least one midfielder in January.

Bogle is not a central midfielder.

Our midfield is 'interesting'

Ampadu is a shoe-in at the moment for me in the defensive central midfielder role

Fleck has been one of our worst players this season. Looks like a lower league layer. I'd rather play Osborn there but then we have no one, other than Norwood, to play on the right. Norwood has been our worst player.

So, if he keeps the same formation, something has got to give. I'm vaguely tempted to drop Fleck for Stevens. as random as it sounds.

Whatever happens we desperately need to sign at least one midfielder in January.

So let me get this straight. We have an issue with no right footed midfielders, but playing a Right Back there isn't the solution. But oh the left of midfield , where we have no injuries, we play a LB instead.

Am I misunderstanding this?!

Lmfao. The one midfielder we have that's actually somewhat of a quality player. You saw fleck today right? You saw lunwank today right?
Let's see how many points we get without him in the team

What's the plan Chris?

Are we going to offer Lundstram an improved contract as at the minute Bash is the only option ? A Lundstram equivalent would surely cost £12+ million are we better not just offering him a better deal? Whatever you think of todays refereeing decision our best performances in the premier league have nearly always involved Lundstram.

We've got to loan someone

Back
Top Bottom