Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why pay him up? Is he toxic? I don’t get all this ‘pay him up’ stuff. As it stands, we’re obliged to honour his contract so we have to pay him in full to get rid. The only way that will change is if he can find another club and we can do a deal to pay him, say 60% of what we owe him, which he might accept. If he was offered a really good contract then he might even just agree to cancel his contract for nothing but I don’t think it’s likely because he won’t get anything better than a short contract from a lower league club.

So, if we have to pay up his full contract to get rid, how does that benefit us? If anything, it messes with our cash flow. We’d be better off loaning him out to a club that would pay 10% of his wages than paying him off in full.

Getting an ageing asset with little resale value off the balance sheet asap. Accounting basics...

To flip your argument on its head - why have him around? Even feeding him in the player canteen and washing his kit is incurring costs we don't need...

Getting an ageing asset with little resale value off the balance sheet asap. Accounting basics...

To flip your argument on its head - why have him around? Even feeding him in the player canteen and washing his kit is incurring costs we don't need...

But his kit doesn't need washing as he never uses it!

I'd suggest aging him up BUT from his side, especially as he has had a back complaint, he's probably got excellent insurance and recovery tools available to him.

He's not going to have that if we just bin him off.

Just unfortunate. Wilder's John Ebbrell experience but far less costly!

I'd sit on a dildo daily for 6 hours straight if I was earning the coin they're earning for playing football (or, not playing, just training). Can't blame Holmes or Clarke at their age.

I'd sit on a dildo daily for 6 hours straight if I was earning the coin they're earning for playing football (or, not playing, just training). Can't blame Holmes or Clarke at their age.

I thought that was great from Clarke at millwall - ok I know it was only millwall, but we’ve had less impact from other impact subs this season..

Think he’d give a few defenders problems coming in for the last 10 in this division, we know he’ll work them at the very least..

Accounting basics? In what respect? I can see why that would be necessary if we were a plc but I don’t see any tangible benefit otherwise.

Why have him around? Because we can pay his wages over six months and not immediately, which, as I’ve said before, is better for cash flow.

I don’t expect anyone to be ‘paid off’ until the window closes. Surely there’s a club somewhere that would take Holmes for a tenth of his wages?

He must be on one of the lowest wages at utd and we're apparently bidding big for players now, I don't think he'll affect the finances at the club!
I don't get some if the hate on here at all, I'm sure he'd rather be fit and playing somewhere and he's not just sat on his arse doin sweet f.a., it just hasn't happened for both parties, its not his fault we've had our meteoritic rise, or he's blighted by injury, or that he's still under contract so why the hate?

I will be amazed if any Championship club picks him up. Given his age and lack of games, and the fact he hasn’t done anything of note at Championship level, he’ll be fortunate to get a League 1 club that takes him. Coutts is a much better player, with evidence of actually playing well at Championship level, and he had to settle for Fleetwood.
Where he can now only get a seat on the bench.

Funny how CW never mentions him when he does Clarke etc. Clearly not in Sheffield anytime.

I thought Ricky Holmes was doing the night security shift at Shirecliffe now!??
Or did I dream that!????

I feel sorry for him. Yes he's getting paid a lot but it has to be lonely to be that far outside everything going on at work

Total guess, but recon his injury is ongoing and a career ender. Wasn't picked up in a medical. Stays with the club for physio and recovery while he's contracted. Probably a sad end to a career for a player.

Total guess, but recon his injury is ongoing and a career ender. Wasn't picked up in a medical. Stays with the club for physio and recovery while he's contracted. Probably a sad end to a career for a player.
Was a gamble that, so far, hasn't worked. Citeh had valued him at 2mil before we got him on a free, according to Bettis, if I remember correctly, but I stand to be corrected. Hopefully he can get going again at Bolton.

Ricky's association with the Blades is not too dissimilar to other's relationship with Fitness First. If FF were also paying YOU 10k per week to be a member!

Ricky Holmes is happy to take a wage and be able to tell people he played for the PL team Sheffield United, but once they ask how many games he played in the PL is when the cunt will change the subject.

Ahh the lesser spotted Ricky Holmes. Attenborough should do a documentary on him

Back
Top Bottom