Ricky Holmes back at United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Strange one that signing - thought he looked ok in the few games he played especially the away game at Wolves. Cant see him staying with us next season no matter what division we are in ...

Strange one that signing - thought he looked ok in the few games he played especially the away game at Wolves. Cant see him staying with us next season no matter what division we are in ...
Really? I went to wolves and thought he looked lost and out of his depth. Which was my view for his other appearances.

To be fair he looked like he was trying too much.

Really? I went to wolves and thought he looked lost and out of his depth. Which was my view for his other appearances.

To be fair he looked like he was trying too much.
He was by far The Blades best player against Wolves but to be fair that wasn’t hard to achieve that night. :)

I never wanted him in the first place but I suppose Wilder can’t be right with everything. :)

I’ve always had a sneaking suspicion that we accidentally signed Russell Brand instead, because Ricky Holmes was meant to be a good footballer.

A player who seemed to try harder than most without ever actually doing anything.

I said we trebled his wages, I didn't say we paid well :D

I suppose it’s just the modern way of the younger generation, but to my mind having money allows you to dress well and indulge in well cut clothing, in the finest fabrics, from the best Italian & british designers.

Nowadays, it seems to allow people to look like they’re wearing their siblings hand me downs or they’ve been doing a bit of painting & decorating before they’ve popped out and not had chance to change.

Wilder chased Leonard & Holmes for a long time, showed and obvious interest and needed to replace and injured Coutts at the time.

Evans must have been back up but before we know it all three have signed and we're not sure what to do with them.

I suppose it’s just the modern way of the younger generation, but to my mind having money allows you to dress well and indulge in well cut clothing, in the finest fabrics, from the best Italian & british designers.

Nowadays, it seems to allow people to look like they’re wearing their siblings hand me downs or they’ve been doing a bit of painting & decorating before they’ve popped out and not had chance to change.

Yup, Andrea Pirlo was obviously an anomaly:

maxresdefault.jpg

Wilder chased Leonard & Holmes for a long time, showed and obvious interest and needed to replace and injured Coutts at the time.

Evans must have been back up but before we know it all three have signed and we're not sure what to do with them.

In the end, Evans was effectively an 8 month loan before we signed Norwood. He did a job for that period and we ended up making a profit on him.

I could never slate him after those goals vs Boro and his assist for Wigan’s first goal at Elland Road last Friday. :D

In the end, Evans was effectively an 8 month loan before we signed Norwood. He did a job for that period and we ended up making a profit on him.

I could never slate him after those goals vs Boro and his assist for Wigan’s first goal at Elland Road last Friday. :D
I meant back in terms of missing out on Leonard or Holmes.

Evans probably was the better of the 3 though.

That assist v Leeds was probably the best thing he did for us

I meant back in terms of missing out on Leonard or Holmes.

Evans probably was the better of the 3 though.

That assist v Leeds was probably the best thing he did for us

I'd say the 2 crackers against Middlesbrough unless you're referring to Holmes in which case ignore my post.

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap!" Dolly Parton

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/dolly_parton_126886

I completely forgot he existed, does he get a medal if we go up?

Didn't even know he had gone to the Gills. Always sorry when signings don't work out for us and the player involved, his best form seemed to be when he was at Charlton. His injury problems are a real worry to his future career.

Back
Top Bottom