Incoming? Richard Nartey

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A description of him here:

Edward Walker, Co-Host of the D3D4 football podcast, said:

When Richard Nartey has been available to play for Burton Albion this season, he has looked an absolute gem. He has all the qualities you look for in a modern centre-back. If you want him to be part of a possession-based team, he has the composure and intelligence to play accurate, sensible passes over a short or medium range. If there is space in front of him, he is also comfortably carrying the ball into the opposing half and will look to break lines with penetrative passes if the opportunity arises.
Defensively, he excels at stepping out of the backline and intercepting forward passes. If the opposition play direct, he has the athleticism to challenge and win the ball in the air, whilst also possessing an impressive level of speed and agility. It’s because of this that Nigel Clough occasionally utilised Nartey as a right-back, but he is truly at his best when playing in the centre of defence.
Nartey has had a very successful loan spell at Burton Albion, his first taste of senior professional football, and at just 21 years old, there’s plenty more to come from the defender yet. I know for certain I’d love to see him wearing Burton yellow again when the new campaign gets underway!

This is the kind of player it would probably be worth taking a chance on. Sign him up on a year's deal and loan him for the first 6 months. If he gets fitness and form then offer another contract.

This is the kind of player it would probably be worth taking a chance on. Sign him up on a year's deal and loan him for the first 6 months. If he gets fitness and form then offer another contract.

Last time we did that was Kean Bryan, and people constantly complain we signed him.

Last time we did that was Kean Bryan, and people constantly complain we signed him.

Fair point but I'd rather sign someone like Bryan, a young player with potential who might work or not, than Morrison or Rodwell.

He played in the friendly against us at the start of the season and looked very good

Back
Top Bottom