Respect Ipswich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We drew at Ipswich so we have to prepare properly and cover every aspect.
If Wigan can win at Leeds we have to show Ipswich every respect. Wilder already said training will be just s thorough
as when we went to leeds.

We are on the brink of glory and have to show the professionalism that's put us where we are

It seems years since Higdon got sent off at Chesterfield their player flapping about like a landed trout.

You all remember Higdon dont you.

He was absolutely awful - but he did at least score a crucial brace away at MK Dons en-route to the League Cup semis!

Benjamin Bloom was in the row in front of me in the south stand against Forest

I saw his picture in the South Stand, he met up with Blades Analytics before the game. I think he has a soft spot for us.

Win the game and were as good as up.
Lose or draw and the following week will be torture

Don't take Ipswich lightly, we'll have a game on our hands. They'll be playing with freedom.

I'm sure i read sonewhere that Ipswich fans absolutely despise. No idea why.

Only if Leeds get anything from Villa. Not sure how likely that is tbh.

Yeah, assuming Leeds win of course.
But I'd rather just get it done and dusted next week

You never know, with a bit of luck we might still be able to catch Norwich by the time the Stoke game comes around

You never know, with a bit of luck we might still be able to catch Norwich by the time the Stoke game comes around

Amen to that, would be nice to seal it at home too.

Norwich on a bit of a wobble, so you never know. But I think they will still grab the title.

It is reassuring to know that the reins are in the safe hands of CW. Not cocky but quietly confident now.:)

Leeds and Aston Villa will see their match as a possible precursor to a rematch at Wembly?

This is how things changed dramatically yesterday. From being in a 3-horse race, we've got a slim chance of going up as champions (but I think we'll just fall short...) Bielsa (who will be gone in the summer as he's not the tactical wizard some parts of the media insisted he was - see Bruce. S.) looked utterly broken on Quest yesterday. And why the surprise? How the fuck can a manager who needs an interpreter get his ideas across? Instead of learning English, he's been too busy sat on his haunches perfecting his 'tortured genius' impression. Apparently he could quit any time now. 'Leeds fans are worried' I wouldn't be.

Even allowing for a monumental fuck up (and I've seen more than most) we're all but up. Leeds are - in reality - 4 points behind us with 6 points to play for. I would worry if we needed a result at Stoke - a team full of bertie big-bollocks whose fans think they're paying a fleeting visit to the Champ. before returning to 'their rightful place'. Reality check. Stoke are in their rightful place. They'd love to put a spanner in our works on the last day of the season.

So courage, mon braves. We've deserved our day in the sun.

According to some, Wilder bottled it only two weeks ago...........

Absolutely spineless, wasn’t he? Just like the fans. And the players.

The good news is that the toys now seem restored to the pram ... and instructions are being issued as to how the rest of us need to behave vs Ipswich.

All good :)

This is how things changed dramatically yesterday. From being in a 3-horse race, we've got a slim chance of going up as champions (but I think we'll just fall short...) Bielsa (who will be gone in the summer as he's not the tactical wizard some parts of the media insisted he was - see Bruce. S.) looked utterly broken on Quest yesterday. And why the surprise? How the fuck can a manager who needs an interpreter get his ideas across? Instead of learning English, he's been too busy sat on his haunches perfecting his 'tortured genius' impression. Apparently he could quit any time now. 'Leeds fans are worried' I wouldn't be.

A lot of presumptive bollocks in there mate.

Just think, if we'd held on against Millwall and Norwich hadn't got a goal in the 7th of 5 added minutes against the Pigs, we'd be top :eek:

We don’t want Ipswich to be our Stevenage 2012 where a win would have meant we only needed a draw. Keep your mind on the prize boys

Reading some of the posts this morning I thought I’d overslept, missed the Ipswich game and were already up. My first home game was against bottom of the table chesterfield and we lost 3-1. A few years ago wolves were 6 points clear with two to play in second and didn’t go up, think it was wba. I’m not being negative but there are many cautionary tales in football and sport. As the original poster implied let’s be careful here.

Ipswich form isn't that bad since Lambert took over. They tend to draw a lot of games, which suggest they'll be competitive and tough to beat

If the OP means, "don't take Ipswich for granted" then I agree with him - I won't and I'm sure Chris and the players won't either. But showing them "respect" is something quite different.

I "respected" Ipswich back in the 1970's when they were a very good footballing team, with Bobby Robson as manager, and the likes of Kevin Beattie, John Wark, Alan Brazil, Muhren, Thijssen, Mills, Hunter, etc. They were a fabulous football team then. They were deserving of respect. They are not deserving of respect now.

And the reason for that is down to the financial state of the club. Owned by the reclusive millionaire, Marcus Evans. He bailed the club out when he took over 12 years ago, but since then, year on year, the debts have grown. They are in a bit of a state. I think they've got potential to drop straight through League 1 into League 2 tbh. It's that bad.

I will miss us playing Ipswich, because it's a decent day out with good fish and chips. But that's about all.

We must scent blood in this game and go out and bludgeon them to death. (A bit dramatic language, I know). But absolutely this is the very best opportunity we've had since 2005 to get back to the Prem and it realistically comes down to us winning this game against a poor, hapless, Ipswich team. Respect? No, sorry I don't have respect for them, they're rubbish and we need to grind them into the dirt. It would be rude not to.

Ipswich have got points away at WBA and Bristol in the last few weeks. It’s not an absolute formality.

That was six weeks ago when they still had something to play for. Last 10 games, 7 points and 22nd in the form table. I agree it's not a formality insofar as no football game is a formality, but it's about as close as we could ever hope for.

Ipswich form isn't that bad since Lambert took over. They tend to draw a lot of games, which suggest they'll be competitive and tough to beat

Ipswich's first 15 games pre-Lambert: 9 points, 0.6 points per game, 24th in league over that period.

Ipswich's next 30 games with Lambert: 19 points, 0.63 points per game, 23rd in league over that period.

I guess technically he's made them better? :D Let's be right, they're absolute rubbish.

This team at Championship and League One level have been unplayable and unstoppable when they've played their own game and "been us". When they've not let their own doubts and confidence cloud a mere handful of performances they've been truly remarkable.

If we go up (I'll still say if) I hope we turn up at Liverpool and Man City with overlapping centre backs because I don't think we can play any other way.
We might get a few tonkings along the way from some of the top half teams, but I still feel that we can improve enough to compete with any of the bottom half.

Back
Top Bottom