CONFIRMED Regan Slater to Hull

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jack Robinson, and his Dad out of the equation could be the best transfer window we’ve ever had. We’re all proud of our kids and want the best for them, but he’s not doing his lad any favours, things sometimes need to kept in house.

Best thing for RS if it falls thro and he goes to Preston. He’ll always be McCanns signing and I can see the new manager not giving him a chance tbh. Hull City are a shit club anyway with no real fan base

Best thing for RS if it falls thro and he goes to Preston. He’ll always be McCanns signing and I can see the new manager not giving him a chance tbh. Hull City are a shit club anyway with no real fan base

New owner is trying to bring Shota Averladze in. Feel like the recruitment policy maybe similar to bringing in players for anywhere and everywhere

Jack Robinson, and his Dad out of the equation could be the best transfer window we’ve ever had. We’re all proud of our kids and want the best for them, but he’s not doing his lad any favours, things sometimes need to kept in house.

It's also just a daft battle to pick - your son is going to go and play for a Championship team, be proud and happy for what he's about to achieve rather than bitter about perceived injustices that have come before! In all respects this is a really good move for a player who's never played above League One before and is probably going to get paid at least as much at Hull as he does here.

It's also just a daft battle to pick - your son is going to go and play for a Championship team, be proud and happy for what he's about to achieve rather than bitter about perceived injustices that have come before! In all respects this is a really good move for a player who's never played above League One before and is probably going to get paid at least as much at Hull as he does here.
It’s also going to actively harm Regan’s career going forward if it’s a pattern of behaviour his dad continues to engage in which the tweets yesterday indicate might happen.

Middle aged bloke moaning on twitter, is there anything more pathetic? ;)

Always worried be with his tackling style but glad he's got a move and the chance to play first team football. GLTTL.

I know we call players bang average or shite a lot, i’m guilty for it too, but i do sometimes forget how many hoops a player has to go through to be considered a professional football player, the odds are something like 0.01% of academy players who make it pro. So to be in that fraction is something to be very proud of, and to make it out of S2 to another EFL club is too, look at how it went for diego and many other academy prospects.. GLTTL!

Tbf even Dad's with professional football experience can be blind when it comes to their own.

Mate of mine used to run Chesterfield SoE under 14s. Worst part of the job is telling kids they're being let go.

This happened with one lad who he said was easily the worst player and he couldn't understand how he'd even got there in the first place.

He'd only ever seen this kids Mum.

When he released him the Dad turned up and had a right go at him telling him he didn't know what he was doing and got quite personal.

The Dad played a fair bit of top flight English football and also represented the Blades in an infamous game.

I'm pretty confident that Regan will make a good living out of the game. its a shame that it isn't with us but I think he was pushing into the first team group at a time when we went on the meteoric rise from L1 to Prem.
This, I think limited his opportunities as it seemed that Wilder had some confidence to keep him around the squad for some time but (rightly IMHO) stuck to experience for the most part.
He's a good battling midfielder who will stay in and around the Champ/Top end L1.
As for his Dad, I am gonna have to defend him a bit having known him and worked with him for a fair length of time before I moved to Australia.
He is passionate about the Blades but more so about his boy (Understandable). Add to this that he is VERY head strong and isn't afraid to voice his views.
I think his desire for young Slater to be a success probably made him more frustrated when things didn't quite go to plan. Couple that with his personality and it was inevitable that he was going to rub people up the wrong way.

Tbf even Dad's with professional football experience can be blind when it comes to their own.

Mate of mine used to run Chesterfield SoE under 14s. Worst part of the job is telling kids they're being let go.

This happened with one lad who he said was easily the worst player and he couldn't understand how he'd even got there in the first place.

He'd only ever seen this kids Mum.

When he released him the Dad turned up and had a right go at him telling him he didn't know what he was doing and got quite personal.

The Dad played a fair bit of top flight English football and also represented the Blades in an infamous game.
reckon this is either Curle, Ullathorne or Tracey?

GLTTL, genuinely. But in an era when our midfield has been on the decline, and at times, lacking in numbers, he still hasn't got a look in...and with a first team manager that was his youth team manager, no less.

But the best thing he can, by far, is to get his Dad to pipe down on social media. You know you're ridiculous as a middle-aged man, when your own young 'un is far more mature than you are.

Back
Top Bottom