Refunds - Who's going to look after us?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I love the logic! I’m with you;

I’m also going to lose my £20 share of our B&B. So we’re off up anyway to spend £200 on ale.

There’s no way I’m wasting that £20.

😂🍺
Feel free to message me to join up for a slurp. Your user name suggests we may get on.

No word of refunds. One would hope they are forthcoming.

Wouldn't you normally be offered the same seat for the rearranged fixture?
Refunds are probably offered if you can't make the new date

Anyway, think not of what your club can do for you, but of what you can do for your club!

I wonder how long clubs can survive without gate money or TV money. They still have to pay wages etc. And what about clubs that rely on European qualification if they cancel next seasons Champions League and Europa? If they don’t have a fixture list agreed by August, how many people are going to cancel Sky? Quite a lot I’d guess. And if the PL can’t deliver fixtures, Sky won’t pay them TV money. How will clubs survive then? We’ll struggle to pay for Berge, never mind the wage bill. And every club is going to be in a similar situation.

Against my better judgement, I'll respond.

Did you actually listen to the government/scientific conference in full?

The government did not do 'nothing'. They very clearly stated why event such as footie should continue. The scientific advisers then explained the reasoning behind this.

I really don't see how the government can win the world of Charlieblade
Calm down and reset your sense of humour
I will be missing football too. It may be a little dark for you, but I get through this by laughing at it.

I am well aware of government medical and scientific basis for their decision, and I am assuming thet the football authorities have acted in the interest of their members for health and safety reasons.
No one actually knows who is right yet, but you can bet the government has got its ass covered either way.
Apologies for my lack of sensitivity and rather jaundiced view of this virus. In my case this is learned behavior based on experience. Sorry about that, and also sorry if someone you know dies.

I booked my rail tickets with LNER. They said they are doing refunds on a case by case basis and appear to be paying out for others faced with cancelled events or those forced into self isolation.

In general though it’s a shocking way to run what should be a public service. Having to commit to travel weeks or months in advance in order for it to be vaguely affordable but should you be unable to make it for reasons outside your control then soz pal that’s your cash down the shitter....and god forbid you make a small error when booking which you notice and attempt to rectify immediately.

Alternatively you don’t take the gamble and have to pay more than you would for return international flights.
I lost £115 on pre booked first class return tickets to Reading because I couldn't go due to a funeral being arranged in Hull at 10.30 on the Wednesday Morning.

Such is life.

Sorry mate, got too pissed to early and forgot.

Where did you end up?
Great day out. Ended up in the Victoria comet across from the station for the last one. Went all over. Bumped into Chris Basham as well. Train home was jovial until the coppers kicked us off at Donny. Reyt day.

If it makes any fans happier to compare, I was supposed to be heading to Norway this evening for a ski trip in Trysil till Monday. As of yesterday morning it was all still happening, but since then the situation in Norway has changed and the ski resort is closing. As the flights are still happening, and there’s no government advice warning against travel to Norway, it’s unlikely we’ll be getting any of the cash of the flights & accommodation trip back. Luckily the car hire was refundable, but for the rest of the costs it doesn’t appear it will be covered by insurance.

It’s unfortunate, but a lesson for me in picking flights that were non-refundable rather than pay more for flexible flights.

After the Norwich match I got to the terminal in Manchester, then found this:

Flybe.jpg

As I was urgently trying to book new tickets on my phone Roger Nilsen walked past me. I decided not to bother him and his mates with my poor luck. I had a chat with him before the game btw.

No chance of a insurance refund when there's bankruptcy. The extra tickets cost £500 but at least I did manage to get home that night.

After the Norwich match I got to the terminal in Manchester, then found this:

View attachment 74174

As I was urgently trying to book new tickets on my phone Roger Nilsen walked past me. I decided not to bother him and his mates with my poor luck. I had a chat with him before the game btw.

No chance of a insurance refund when there's bankruptcy. The extra tickets cost £500 but at least I did manage to get home that night.

That’s tough. I hadn’t realised that was one of the situations they won’t pay out in, really unfortunate timing.

Nilsen is one of my favourite players from the 90s. Was he there for the Norwich game?

That’s tough. I hadn’t realised that was one of the situations they won’t pay out in, really unfortunate timing.

Nilsen is one of my favourite players from the 90s. Was he there for the Norwich game?

Yes, I asked him if he was invited by the club or if there was a reunion or something, but he told me it was partly two of his mates' initiative. He's turned 50 and Norwich was the game where he made his debut for us, so it felt like a good time to return. It was almost touching to see Roger and Mick Rooker meet again after more than 20 years, big bear hug. There was a lengthy article about Nilsen in the Norwich programme.

Yes, I asked him if he was invited by the club or if there was a reunion or something, but he told me it was partly two of his mates' initiative. He's turned 50 and Norwich was the game where he made his debut for us, so it felt like a good time to return. It was almost touching to see Roger and Mick Rooker meet again after more than 20 years, big bear hug. There was a lengthy article about Nilsen in the Norwich programme.

I hadn’t realised. It would have nice for him to have been introduced to the crowd. It’s over 26 years since I met both him and Mick in person – the only time in fact, the home game vs Chelsea in 1993. Big Jostein had the day off, which I was gutted about at the time.

This was in the old photos thread, but I unearthed this from a box of Green Un cutouts that I rediscovered last year – also from Norwich at home, clearly a momentous fixture for Nilsen, where he was an emergency keeper in 1997.

index.php

Cool answer Bert, too many panicking and looking to others to solve their problem. Talk to the train companies in a sensible way and due to present situation I'm sure you will prevail. Wife and I went through the same a while back with it all ending amicably. As regards the less £10, think on, "Ye don't get owt for nowt in this life".
You offered them your wife in part-exchange and they waived the £10? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom