Record Equalling Start

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Well, nearly. It's only a record since football started in 1992.

Linky: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ssential-stats-sheffield-uniteds-superb-start

Or for the unclicky:

"It was another good weekend for Sheffield United and Chris Wilder as the Blades beat Reading 2-1 at Bramall Lane, a result that leaves them two points behind Wolves at the top of the Championship.

The result took the Blades to 27 points this season, this is the joint-best return from a promoted side in the Championship after 13 games since the start of the Premier League era in 1992-93. Encouragingly for United, the club whose record they have equalled is Southampton who went on to win promotion to the Premier League as runners-up to Reading in 2011-12.

The Blades have now won eight of their last 10 Championship games and including the run-in to their League One title-winning campaign last season, they have won 16 of their last 20 league games since the end of March. Their form since the start of last season has been relentless with no other EFL club winning as many games (39) or points (127)."

Disappointed that we have failed to win four of our last 20 league games.

All feels a bit mediocre to me.
Couple that with shit atmosphere and a crap keeper and we are rapidly reaching a tipping point.

I agree. Absolute garbage from the club. Wilder is out of his depth. The academy is a waste of everyone's time and effort. The facilities at the ground are nineteenth century. Where's the money, McCabe ? Too many poor OP's (present company excepted) and private conversations on this site, as well. I'm NOT going back until Adkins is out, err ....

Pashun that’s all we’ve got pashun Nowt else.............Wilder aaahht Knill aaaahhhttt.:rolleyes:

Disappointed that we have failed to win four of our last 20 league games.

All feels a bit mediocre to me.
Couple that with shit atmosphere and a crap keeper and we are rapidly reaching a tipping point.

Norwich should have been a win, Boro a draw.

Bloody good in't it.

And if we hadn't wasted money on that bloody Desso pitch, we could have bought a decent striker.

I loved reading that. I knew it was good but put in to context that's some record.

I just go to home games and this thread got me thinking. I’ve only missed 1 game this season and 1 game last season. I was on holiday for the Rochdale game in August 2016 and for the Norwich game this September.

Looking back through the results the last league game that I saw us lose was Fleetwood on 27 January. Since then I’ve watched 23 league games - won 19 drawn 4 - 61 points! 61 points from my last 23 games! It’s absolutely fucking incredible - the danger is getting used to it!

I have watched cup defeats of course - and my record on iFollow isn’t good - but I won’t miss any more home games this season so who knows?

The Magic is Back - Big Style

We've won 16 of our last 20 league games.

Let me just repeat that.

We've won 16 of our last 20 league games.
According to S6, our bubble is about to burst any time !
Feckin hell of a bubble. If it does burst they better watch out for flooding up Owlerton way.

Wilder. Fuckin hell. Went to Middlesbrough and played it too safe. 1 point dropped. Cardiff, bent over and took it up the arse to Warnock. No intensity. Didn't play high enough. 1 point dropped. Norwich, fucking hell, could have lamped that Dutch cunt earlier and had he signed an enforcer instead of playing tippy tappy fucking football, we would have had a reight battle. 1point dropped. Notts (yes Notts not Nottingham you Florist Fuckers), wrong team selection. 1 point or even 3 lost. Wilder you have lost us between 4 and 7 points. We could be top and sailing HMS Piss the League. Wilder out and Koeman/Dyche/Shakespeare in.

Slumps into corner comatose.:rolleyes:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Back
Top Bottom