Reasons to be cheerful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Things are cack at the moment, between having to put up with Alan Smith or Steve Mcnannanman's nonsense commentary rather than attending, losing every week, and JOC's injury - it's a shit time.

I tried to think of reasons to be cheerful, or at least how things could be worse, so here goes..

• Without Wilder's planning things could be much worse. The decision to get defensive cover in Lowe, Bogle and Ampadu in favour of other positions has been vindicated. Whilst none of these players are a direct replacement for JOC, they at least give us flexibility to move other players around, or try something new. Can you imagine if we'd overstretched the budget in other departments, gambling on players staying fit and then this had happened?

• We're still OK defensively! Goals going in everywhere, City conceding 5, and yet save for a mad 6 minutes at the start of the season, we've looked OK. An attack can be tweaked, but wholesale changes to a defense would take time, better communication and agression defending set pieces and we're there.

• Berge now looks like his Youtube highlights reel from Genk. The kid's class - Yaya Norway will be our player of the season.

• We're in the top flight, look around - if we weren't here we'd be in real trouble, which sadly a lot of clubs are. We get to see our living legend of a manager, and the players we've grown so attached to go up against the best players in the world. Watching an empty ground on TV is a pale facsimile of the proper experience, but I'd rather experience a pale facsimile of us vs Arsenal than Wycombe Wanderers.

• Lots of other teams still look shit. Mad start of season results nonwithstanding, there are still half a dozen basket cases in this division. If nothing else the blades under CWAK are level headed and consistent, that in itself should prove to be worth a few results against the more nonsense teams in this division.

• If all else fails, go on BBC football, bring up the championship league table and scroll down. Keep scrolling. Keep scrolling. Now look at what you could have won.

Worst case scenario- we’ll be back in championship with a cracking team with parachute payments.

Things are cack at the moment, between having to put up with Alan Smith or Steve Mcnannanman's nonsense commentary rather than attending, losing every week, and JOC's injury - it's a shit time.

I tried to think of reasons to be cheerful, or at least how things could be worse, so here goes..

• Without Wilder's planning things could be much worse. The decision to get defensive cover in Lowe, Bogle and Ampadu in favour of other positions has been vindicated. Whilst none of these players are a direct replacement for JOC, they at least give us flexibility to move other players around, or try something new. Can you imagine if we'd overstretched the budget in other departments, gambling on players staying fit and then this had happened?

• We're still OK defensively! Goals going in everywhere, City conceding 5, and yet save for a mad 6 minutes at the start of the season, we've looked OK. An attack can be tweaked, but wholesale changes to a defense would take time, better communication and agression defending set pieces and we're there.

• Berge now looks like his Youtube highlights reel from Genk. The kid's class - Yaya Norway will be our player of the season.

• We're in the top flight, look around - if we weren't here we'd be in real trouble, which sadly a lot of clubs are. We get to see our living legend of a manager, and the players we've grown so attached to go up against the best players in the world. Watching an empty ground on TV is a pale facsimile of the proper experience, but I'd rather experience a pale facsimile of us vs Arsenal than Wycombe Wanderers.

• Lots of other teams still look shit. Mad start of season results nonwithstanding, there are still half a dozen basket cases in this division. If nothing else the blades under CWAK are level headed and consistent, that in itself should prove to be worth a few results against the more nonsense teams in this division.

• If all else fails, go on BBC football, bring up the championship league table and scroll down. Keep scrolling. Keep scrolling. Now look at what you could have won.
Great post mate😉Not read any replies but I imagine you might have ruffled a feather or two with your well constructed logic.Hopefully they'll remain in the dark sitting on their soiled nests. UTB.

Exactly we lost the first 3 games in division one and no doubt people were saying …...oh Wilders not the man! But the bottom line he is he really is. Keep the faith, if we finish 16th that's good enough for me this year! Then move on!!! Anyone remember Don Givens penalty?? I do …………………..UTB

Exactly we lost the first 3 games in division one and no doubt people were saying …...oh Wilders not the man! But the bottom line he is he really is. Keep the faith, if we finish 16th that's good enough for me this year! Then move on!!! Anyone remember Don Givens penalty?? I do …………………..UTB

We had 1 point from 3 games then.

Me too mate. Fuck me they were dark depressing days. UTB😊

A least it’s funny. Calling Ramsdale “Rambo” is actually embarrassing

Ramsdale and Rambo are strikingly similar, nobody should really have an issue.

Yaya Norway, however, is the single most unfunny, cringeworthy nickname I’ve ever heard and I’d expect someone 9 years old to come up with that one.

Ramsdale and Rambo are strikingly similar, nobody should really have an issue.

Yaya Norway, however, is the single most unfunny, cringeworthy nickname I’ve ever heard and I’d expect someone 9 years old to come up with that one.
I like it. Then again I like Haribo star mix and chocolate milk, so maybe 9 years old is on the money

No we didn't. We drew at home to the mighty Rochdale in our second game.

Saw this trivia question the other day.

"Which team escaped relegation in 2014-15 after being at the bottom for 140 days (a record without being relegated) – in the Premier League?"

Leicester City - who went on to win the league the following season!

Reactions: CW7
Saw this trivia question the other day.

"Which team escaped relegation in 2014-15 after being at the bottom for 140 days (a record without being relegated) – in the Premier League?"

Leicester City - who went on to win the league the following season!

It's amazing that this season is chiefly remembered for Nigel Pearson calling a journalist an ostrich, and his son being horrible to prostitutes - it was an astounding run to get them out of relegation

"....we're not going to Napoli...!" 🎶 thank God we didn't qualify for europe! As much as I wanted to all last season 😅 would have been far too much for us 😁

Another reason to be cheerful is that only Villa in the Premier have conceded less goals than us !
Do we need another defender ?

Back
Top Bottom